Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
My pets show me affection and it feels nice to reciprocate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Day by day? Because getting up and going to work results in very few people hassling me, instead they leave me the gently caress alone.

Overall? I'm just too lazy or scared to change the routine.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
The hour or so in the morning where I can just drink coffee and be by myself is extremely precious to me

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I have parents who need my help, and pets who demand canned food and skritches op

and also several bucket-list items I have yet to accomplish: like being seduced, and seeing the Flaming Lips in concert, and trying hallucinogens, and finally getting a Switch so I can play the latest Igavanias, and someday (God willin’ and the crick don’t rise) going to a live AEW show

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

signalnoise posted:

My pets show me affection and it feels nice to reciprocate

:same:

Pet affection best affection.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Because life is a game I only lose when I concede or die, and every joule of energy I consume and molecule of oxygen I breathe deprives it from someone whose a bigger jerk than I am

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I wish I was a jellyfish

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I have 9 children and they all depend on me for financial support sometimes so I gotta keep on going man

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Because I choose to…

…rub one out and take a nap

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

nuketulsa posted:

I have 9 children and they all depend on me for financial support sometimes so I gotta keep on going man

Grandpa? I thought you were dead.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
i like it

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Big Scary Owl posted:

Why do you get out of bed in the morning?

Even Marcus Aurelius comments on this in Meditations, 5.1:

In the morning when you rise unwillingly from your bed, let this thought be present: I am rising to the work of a human being. Why then am I dissatisfied if I am going to do the things for which I exist and for which I was brought into the world? Or have I been made for this, to lie under the covers and keep myself warm?

"But this is more pleasant!"

Do you exist then for pleasure, and not at all for action or exertion? Do you not see the little plants, the little birds, the ants, the spiders, the bees working together to put in order their several parts of the universe? Are you unwilling to do the work of a human being? Should you not make haste to do that which is according to your nature?

"But it is necessary to take rest also."

It is necessary: however nature has fixed bounds to this too: she has fixed bounds both to eating and drinking, and yet you go beyond these bounds, beyond what is sufficient ... So you do not love yourself, for if you did, you would love nature and her will.

I find that this helps quite a bit. Humans have been humans for a very long time and while we all enjoy snuggling under blankets in a cold morning, we must be about our business.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Can’t stop, won’t stop

There is too much weed left unsmoked and too many dogs left unpetted for me to give up now

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

people I want to be happy will become upset if I don’t.

alternatively: I wanna play a video game

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Betty Wight posted:

In the morning when you rise unwillingly from your bed, let this thought be present: I am rising to the work of a human being. Why then am I dissatisfied if I am going to do the things for which I exist and for which I was brought into the world? Or have I been made for this, to lie under the covers and keep myself warm?

Do you exist then for pleasure, and not at all for action or exertion? Do you not see the little plants, the little birds, the ants, the spiders, the bees working together to put in order their several parts of the universe? Are you unwilling to do the work of a human being? Should you not make haste to do that which is according to your nature?

It is necessary: however nature has fixed bounds to this too: she has fixed bounds both to eating and drinking, and yet you go beyond these bounds, beyond what is sufficient ... So you do not love yourself, for if you did, you would love nature and her will.

I find that this helps quite a bit. Humans have been humans for a very long time and while we all enjoy snuggling under blankets in a cold morning, we must be about our business.

His kids hated him didn’t they?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Because somebody has to open the library and shitpost all day.

And I need the money for more weed

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Waffle! posted:

Because somebody has to open the library and shitpost all day.

And I need the money for more weed

Is the position of assistant shitposter available?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Xenocides posted:

he does come off as very focused on “building character” in that passage

probably gonna default to picturing M. Aurelius as Calvin’s Dad now

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Xenocides posted:

Is the position of assistant shitposter available?

Sorry, we're full up on volunteers.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Xenocides posted:

They were not entertained

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Dogs are hungry and I should probably take care of the kid too

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

my service dog needs his meds.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

got two kids i gotta get ready

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
My dick isnt gonna stick itself in the gloryhole

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

also i live for speed. gotta go fast

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right
To see the sundering of Yaldabaoth and the casting away of the crude matter of this false world.

Also, to see the end of One Piece.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

also i live for speed. gotta go fast

Integra is back this year bb

Vtec ready to kick in

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Big Scary Owl posted:

Why do you get out of bed in the morning?

To post, obviously.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I pet this dog a lot, she’s a very good dog

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

rotinaj posted:

I pet this dog a lot, she’s a very good dog

drat that is a cool rear end dog, I love little brown dogs and I have two little brown dogs myself, they're the best

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

nuketulsa posted:

drat that is a cool rear end dog, I love little brown dogs and I have two little brown dogs myself, they're the best

I used to be less of a fan of little dogs, brown or otherwise, until this one was made my responsibility

Hard not to feel a sense of love when a dog falls asleep in your arms every night, which then at least gives me a reason to get out of bed in the morning

(Partially to let her outside to pee)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Seriously?

Because there is light at the end of the tunnel. If I can endure the beige, the grey, the depression, then I know there is a pot of ice cream waiting for me. So I trudge on, knee deep in slime knowing that somewhere along the line is something good.

Will it be worth it? Probably not. But I hope it will be good enough. And it's out there, so I keep going.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's an unhealthy addiction that's bound to eventually lead to the grave. Don't ever live, you will become addicted.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

spite and love

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Not gonna lie, it's nice to have the odd day with no set time to get out of bed. Just sleep until you run out of sleep. Refreshing!

A few times in my life I've gotten so sick I had to stay in bed because I didn't have the health to do anything else. And after a day or two it gets really loving boring. I want to get up and do something but I'm too hosed up and drat I hate it.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Betty Wight posted:

extreme middle manager energy here...

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
The only other option is being dead. I can't be an rear end in a top hat here if I'm dead

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Bro you ever heard of ghosts??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

Bro you ever heard of ghosts??

yeah most of them are cool