Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Welcome, fellow degenerates, to the final day of the draft. This is the last meaningful football thing for a while.

The truly important parts of today will be Rich Eisen running the 40, airing today instead of during the combine, and Stump the Truck. Also punters and kickers will probably be drafted!

gently caress the Cowboys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Did they pre record Eisens 40? Always a fan of watching him do it live. With the celeb guests he's started bringing it would break up the 5th-7 slog

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
2 time Super Bowl Champions!

New TE was a big need. Hopefully he's better than OJ Howard was.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Did they pre record Eisens 40? Always a fan of watching him do it live. With the celeb guests he's started bringing it would break up the 5th-7 slog

Yeah, he mentioned they filmed it IIRC at the Rose Bowl a few days ago. They haven't aired it live in quite a while. Even when it was shown during the combine, the last 10~ years they'd prerecord it and air it at the very end of the combine. Like, "Leon Sandcastle" was in 2013, and by then they'd stopped showing it live a few years earlier.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

dang i hope tampa gets some db depth at some point

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kidcoelacanth posted:

dang i hope tampa gets some db depth at some point

Logan Ryan and Keanu Neal gave them some relief but yeah, I'd expect a DB with the next pick. Too many FA next year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That Dameon Pierce run where he loses his helmet and keeps going for what would be a TD and gets flagged for it always makes me smile.

I don't know if he'll be any good in the NFL but that's just a dude who isn't stopping until he's down.

e: https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1520436420459974658

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 30, 2022

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Roger Goodell with a confetti gun was unsettling

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I liked Otton. Feel bad for his family. Should be one of their happiest days then your son gets dragooned into an evil empire. Tough stuff.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chiefs have six more picks lol

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I liked Otton. Feel bad for his family. Should be one of their happiest days then your son gets dragooned into an evil empire. Tough stuff.

Are there are more accused rapists or DV guys for the Cowboys to draft?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Browns finally have a good pick

gently caress the Browns

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

kiimo posted:

Baltimore has six picks in the 4th round alone, which NFL Network said was the most by one team in a round since like the Bengals in the 5th round of the 1968 draft or something.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Coby Bryant lives again

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fartknocker posted:

Baltimore has six picks in the 4th round alone, which NFL Network said was the most by one team in a round since like the Bengals in the 5th round of the 1968 draft or something.

Holy poo poo

by the way I think these are the two best drafting teams of the past decade personally and biased

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The largest man in the NFL as a 4th round flyer is a great get.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'll never complain about online prospects

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't care if it's still too early for a punter I feel like it's a crime for any SDSU player to go in the draft before Punt God.

kiimo posted:

So many are in the 7th round though. I'd imagine they'll try to trade up in the 6th or something.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Cake Boss is forever Paul F Tompkins

https://youtu.be/DJDRaAWRUrc

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Browns finally have a good pick

gently caress the Browns

Who did we pick?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Gatts posted:

Who did we pick?

Perrion Winfrey

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
The Giants just drafted a white safety from Iowa, which amuses me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Perrion Winfrey

To expand, large, quick first step DT from OU who has a knack for shooting gaps. He looked good at the senior bowl. Agree that it's a good pick, he's gonna stick around for a while I'd think.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Winfrey is a great selection for Cleveland but I still can't understand why they didn't grab Travis Jones right ahead of Baltimore.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

kiimo posted:

Holy poo poo

by the way I think these are the two best drafting teams of the past decade personally and biased

They are both doing so well on this one too!

Hell yeah the Ravens drafted the meme mountain man who can't actually pass block anyone

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Ravens getting Faalele is a loving problem. Still can’t pass set for poo poo but he’s going to clear a looooot of space for Lamar regardless of running scheme.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'll never complain about online prospects

What about prospects that don't spend much time on the internet

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Take Lamar off the field for 4th and 1 and give Faalele the rock. Bad blocking is not a problem if you're holding the ball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, I didn't realize Steve Largent was drafted by the Oilers.

quote:

Despite an All-American career at Tulsa, Largent was not selected until the fourth round of the 1976 NFL Draft by the Houston Oilers (117th pick). After four preseason games, he was slated to be cut, but was instead traded to the expansion Seattle Seahawks for a 1977 eighth-round pick. According to Largent, Bum Phillips called him into his office and told Largent he had all the receivers they needed, and that Houston would be releasing him.

Not Bum's best decision in the end I'd say.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mystic Stylez posted:

What about prospects that don't spend much time on the internet

They all have these drat cell phones nowadays

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'd actually be sitting in watching this if there was even like a 5% chance a northwestern guy might go in the 7th round but our best prospect is a slow, undersized 6th year senior linebacker

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Any barely decent WRs left? What about Calvin Austin III?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

Any barely decent WRs left? What about Calvin Austin III?

I watched a lot of Nevada to see Carson Strong and I would take a chance on Romeo Doubs.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I’m enjoying the entertainment and commentary of these mid rounds. The mood seems to really be loosening up.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Alas, Zamir White's legs are already mostly dead.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sportsgenius86 posted:

I watched a lot of Nevada to see Carson Strong and I would take a chance on Romeo Doubs.

Is Doubs fast? Without Hollywood the only thing we need in the WR room is a speed guy who can help out with spacing in our offense.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

John Brown posted:

I’m enjoying the entertainment and commentary of these mid rounds. The mood seems to really be loosening up.

It’s always been the time where the broadcast crews get looser and sillier as the day goes on, regardless of which one you are watching.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
:siren:A kicker has been picked :siren:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Folks, we have a kicker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Kicker Alert!