Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I downloaded the 3D version of the trailer and it looked great. I had forgotten how good well done 3D could be after so much poorly done and post processed 3D, and then 3D dying out entirely.

This lead to downloading a really nice 3D copy of the first film and re-watching it for the first time in god knows how many years, and I gotta say I was impressed how well it held up, especially in 3D. I'm tentatively excited for the sequel now for the first time since hearing about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Yeah i'm curious if theres a lot held back or a bit of misdirection in the trailers, because from all the clips so far it looks pretty straightforward and following the beats of the original. Like it looks pretty clearly like Humans come back->destroy the na'vi folks from the first movie causing the main cast to flee->they get taken in by foreign tribe and have to learn their ways, how to ride their beasts->humans come and gently caress up their new tribe->they have to fight back all with some backdrop of a romance between an outcast to a new group and the chiefs daughter with the kids.

With everything he's said about people being surprised I have to think theres a lot of misdirection or just missing elements in these trailers because it looks so clearly straightforward.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

There are too many weird theater formats now, I don't know whats the best to see the film in.

Is it dolby cinema, realD 3D, Imax, Imax laser, laser cinema, superscreenDLX, etc etc like what the gently caress am I supposed to be seeing this in to get the best experience? God I feel like i'm having to research computer components just to know where to watch a movie.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Aquaman :rolleyes:

if you aren't putting your actors in mortal danger and making them hold their breath for 20 minutes until they get brain damage, whats even the point of setting your movie underwater?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

teagone posted:

The scriptment is a fun read. It's online for anyone interested: http://www.jamescameron.fr/images/avatar/Avatar.1995.pdf

Reading this I'm surprised how much of it made it to the screen almost verbatim.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I was thinking Cameron won't make it through finishing his 17 avatar sequels stretched out over the next decade+, but then I saw he's a lot younger (well, "younger") than I thought. I figured he was like, 76 or something, but he's only in his 60's so I guess we'll probably managed to get all 28 of the coming sequels out after all.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

psyman posted:

The last proper mil-sci film I’m aware of was Edge of Tomorrow in 2014. The last big genre game was COD: Infinite Warfare in 2016 if I recall, although BF 2042 has soft future war elements. Traditionally, mil-sci media has fared super well with critics/audiences; Aliens, EoT, Halo, Titanfall, even the Clone Wars battles are generally considered the highlight of the SW prequels. People love that stuff yet outside of Avatar there’s hardly anything happening now (unless someone knows of upcoming genre media?)

Well, there was that halo TV show, and whatever its plot mistakes it handled the mil-sci part and all the toys very well.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I wish i could find a copy of the extended cut in 3D, all those cut scenes are pretty crucial and should never have been cut, but unless I'm missing it, even the blu-ray release of the extended is only in 2D.

Did they ever even release the extended in any form in 3d?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Bummer.

I'm surprised he would abandon 3D like that for the extended cut.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

quote:

[Cameron] figures he may have five or six more movies in him and that three of them, probably, would be Avatar movies.

Lol if you believe that Jim, you better get a move on.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

checkplease posted:

Is it known what the best format will be for this? Imax 3d? Dolby? something else?

I looked into this a ton and this is what seems to be basically the case:

1) IMAX single laser - full image, largest screen, 4k HFR (the high frame rate), bright (IMAX dual laser apparently doesn't support HFR? The dual laser ones though are really only found at the legacy like, 100' screen IMAXes). They are a lot more rare to find and most IMAX are still standard IMAX digital.

2) Dolby 3d - Brighter than imax laser, better seats and audio, HFR, 4k, better contrast than IMAX laser, but cropped image and smaller screen.

3) IMAX digital 3D- these are the older IMAX that are only 2k and less bright than the lasers, and i believe don't' support the HFR. Still a large screen, but not the brightness or quality of the dolby and IMAX laser systems.

4) Your standard RealD 3D or whatever at that point.

Laser IMAX should be specifically marked as "IMAX Laser" if it doesn't say laser anywhere its most likely the older and more common IMAX digital. For reference this is how AMC theaters label them:

All dolby cinemas are the good dual laser systems so if you see dolby its guaranteed to be a good one, no guesswork.

Also if you are extremely lucky you may be near one of the incredibly few (only 2 in the whole US) Samsung LED theaters, that are literally just a giant theater screen sized LED wall, no projection, that are supposed to just have phenomenal image quality, contrast, HDR, and great bright 3D.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Nuts and Gum posted:

Thanks for the info! I completely forgot to compare formats before buying tickets. Looks like I can choose between RealD 3D or IMAX 3D HFR. I chose the realD 3D theater…but wondering how the HFR stuff will look.

Everyone hated it with the Hobbit movie, right? Is Cameron pushing for the same 42fps, or going full video game 60fps?

I would personally choose the IMAX, as even with the older digital IMAX theaters you get the full uncropped image and a better experience than the RealD theaters. Also Cameron is doing something different for avatar compared to the hobbit. The film was shot in 48fps, but they're just doubling frames for most of it so its at a normal 24fps, and only keeping the full 48fps during action scenes so it mitigates some of the choppiness in 3d but doesn't make everything look weird.

I have no idea how that will look in practice but thats the idea anyways.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Sure, the people tweeting from the premiere said it was great, but did anyone stop to think maybe Jim just rescued all of their parents from kidnappers as well?

Food for thought.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

pyrotek posted:

AMC theaters don't seem to list HFR in their description, but Regal theaters do.

Its really hard to figure all this out with all the formats now. I went back to check some of it, and the only one you can say for certain without any qualifier as having HFR guaranteed are the dolby cinemas. So any Dolby one at AMC will support HFR too. Most likely any IMAX at an AMC will also support HFR, as looking into it again, the IMAX laser (single) and the legacy IMAX digital both do HFR, its only the Dual laser systems that don't (well technically they can, but only at a reduced 2k resolution which they won't run it at i guess?), but the Dual laser systems are very rare.

You can have a look here for IMAX theaters, and see just how rare the laser, let alone dual laser ones: https://lfexaminer.com/theaters/

RealD 3D, your standard multiplex 3D, is the tough one to figure out and I wasn't able to find a definitive answer for if they all not only support HFR, will show it in HFR, or if there are different types of RealD systems that won't.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I never saw The Abyss as a kid, I think it was mainly that in the video stores it just kind of got lost with Deep Star Six, Leviathan, and stuff and I never paid it any attention (and was too young to really know like directors and stuff).

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Preview tweets and impressions are always by the cadre who don't want to lose their access in the future to previews and are almost always glowing, so I don't think they can be overly trusted themselves.

That said, it sure is feeling like Cameron pulled another James Cameron sequel. I swear if he directed Titanic 2 it would have made $10b and won 22 oscars.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Rental Sting posted:

drat, I'm in IL and chose IMAX 3D over Dolby 3D (theater has both). Looks like I messed up.

You can always see it again :v:

Unless the movie is absolutely awful, I'm definitely going to have to go back for a second viewing and see it in dolby cinema just to see how that compares to the imax laser setup, if its even noticeably different.

I'd really love to try viewing it on one of those Samsung cinemas as I'm super curious about them, but by the time those are more widespread (if ever) Avatar 2 will be long out of the theaters but... maybe samsung will make enough inroads with them by the time of Avatar 3. It just feels like the obvious way forward at this point with our display tech.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

well why not posted:

there was another clip from it, and it's been bumped to 60FPS and it looks absolutely dog poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udKE1ksKWDE

The 60fps is the fault of the youtuber (who i place on the level of a war criminal for this) but even without it, it's a terribly shot sequence

I forgot how awful that captain america costume looked in that first avengers movie. Yeeesh. I never understood that when he looks so great in his original film.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Horizon Burning posted:

lmao but i feel like his buddy should be recom quaritch

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Shouldn't a movie be released and seen first before its nominated for awards? lol

Why not just nominate Avatar 3 while they're at it!

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

banned from Starbucks posted:

jake is out. spider is now general

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Is that a lot?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Bugblatter posted:

The first thing that comes to my mind is Ridley Scott in his commentary for The Duelists, recalling between cigar puffs how the handful of negative reviews from the Cannes premiere stated that the film was 'too beautiful,' and then saying it didn't bother him because "it was the dumbest loving thing you can say about art."

Now, I get that a lot of people actually just mean they find something "garish" and they aren't expressing it well. Like how a Thomas Kinkaid painting will just use very loud colors and contrast in a sloppy contrived way to be eye-catching. Such things aren't actually beautiful, but they're using every trick in the book to attempt to be. As a result, they just wind up grossly intense, so people declare "it's too beautiful."

Now, Cameron's movies don't land that way with me. But, to a degree, it's a subjective thing.

I think with Avatar, and from the trailers the sequel, when ended up on film looked straight out of something like the "Planet Earth" documentary series. The natural world can look outrageously bright and gorgeous, and I think they recreated that sense for a completely made up world really well.

It really had a very naturalistic documentary feel, and the closest it maybe came to over the top garish was the bioluminescence at night, but really I don't think that was much more outrageous than a real life coral reef. Its maybe a case where the special edition really helps because you get to see earth, and how loving awful it looks, and the only bright colors on earth aregarish over-the-top advertisements in the sky and poo poo.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Just got back from seeing it on a nice IMAX-3D laser screen, with all the HFR and wow that was a Spectacle©. My friend came out of the theater and said they felt like they just watched a 3 hour national geographic documentary with explosions lol. The HFR felt pretty natural and in fact i was surprised how much i liked the fast motion that I would be very interested in seeing a cut of the film entirely at 48fps instead of going back and forth. I can honestly say I haven't seen CGI visuals this well integrated with live action and feeling this real before. The 3D at least on the laser imax looked spectacular as well, and boy did it stand out in stark loving contrast to the "3D" trailers for the upcoming marvel ant man and guardians films. I'm going to be loving pissed if it doesn't get a 3D home release.

in no particular order:
I loved that the whales weren't just 'animals' they bonded with, and that fact that, yeah no, pandora has other sentient life forms, ain't just the na'vi. That was a really great touch to the world that makes sense and fit.

The story did feel rushed in some places, and a lot of characters didn't seem to get enough time, knowing that at least one more movie coming eases that a little, but it shouldn't just depend on that. The whaling humans and the whole human return could have used a bit more, I mean I get they're back but theres so much that goes unsaid, and once they get to the sea people the parents barely have anything to do.

The na'vi becoming insurgent fighters, looting weapons shipments and embracing all the human bang bang tools was super fun to see, but I wish there had been a bit more. Thats part of what felt rushed too, like, they start an insurgency, then nope out right away, and then not a peep of whats going on back there, presumably nothing but hiding and striking targets but... it felt like we could have used some connection to what their old clan was up to.

The kids were surprisingly good and not annoying like I feared they might end up. They had a pretty good and organic feeling connection that didn't seem forced. I was not expecting any of the kids to die (seems a lot of people thought this would happen?) so that was a huge surprise to me, and up until everyone's head was above the water at the very end I felt certain jake or netyri might bite it. I'm probably just the gullible sucker that takes movies at face value, but it fooled me enough to keep me on the edge of my seat the whole ending long.

I have to say one of the biggest misses I noticed was the lack of James Horner. I can't remember a single bit of the soundtrack in this one except the parts where they reuse the avatar 1 beats. Those exciting moments in the first like the military drumbeats as the big airship goes down and quarritch is escaping the explosions in his mech suit... theres nothing like that that stands out in the score in this one.

All in all I had a good time at the movies and plan to see it again before its out of theaters, in a dolby cinema to see how that compares.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

xiw posted:

It is kind of wild that the tulkun get hunted regularly enough that they have a whole routine operation going on, but they've never mentioned it to the sea na'vi - presumably each year the migration party conversations are very awkward from the tulkun side when Bob and Jane are missing and they just pretend they migrated to a farm in the country.

Doesn't the sea chief guy mention something about how they've always done it far away from there (where presumably it would be too far to help them?) but now this is happening right on their doorstep?

It seemed less like they didn't know and more that there was nothing they could do. At least I think I remember some line like that but I guess I'd have to watch it again to see.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

CameronisGod posted:

This movie does what Hollywood has been actively trying not to do (or been too much of a coward to do) over the past 10-15 years.

I don't think I've seen a big american blockbuster that is this anti-colonialist, this anti-empire, this pro animal-rights, in a long time. Maybe since the last Avatar movie honestly.

The thing I love most about the film is how unabashingly unsubtle it is about all this. (Although I would argue for most audiences it still could be quite a bit to subtle).

My theory and approach to modern film, especially blockbusters, is that the American and general movie going public the world over are utter loving morons, and unable to discertain or understand even the most basic forms of subtleness. My favorite director is Frank Capra, and I believe films need to be about as unsubtle and straightforward in their morality and takes on the world as his films to even have half a chance of being understood by the great majority of the human population. Films are a weapon of propaganda and control. This is why I very much despise films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, a film that ends up glorifying capitalism and being embraced and celebrated by the same wall street brokers who have destroyed the lives of millions as occured in real life. Film must be much more than a representation of reality, it must speak power to what is right and wrong.

We've been sitting throught 10-12 years of what amounts as to a complete onslaught against humanity and nature by the film industry in terms of the themes and concepts in movies. The largest and biggest selling franchise in history has slogged along with muddled "grey" moralistic takes, where the main "heroes" aren't willing to make a single sacrifice to do any kind of good, and the biggest "villain" is portrayed essentially as a environmentalist nutjob. All these high end Disney blockbuster movies like Infinity War, Endgame, Black Panther, Black Panther 2, Kingsmen, The Force Awakens, have all leaned to the side of "decorum" politics; where anyone who is willing to use violence or retaliation to very bad people must be as equally bad as those bad people. That violence or force as a response to an act of force is somehow evil. Recent films like Top Gun Maverick, while entertaining, ultimately fail to do any kind of moral analysis of the core political issues at play, and instead rely on Military propaganda and blatant jingoism to promote their image.

I've honestly not gone happily to any movies over the past 4 years because of just how bad this trend has gotten in cinema. I've seen maybe 3 or 4 movies in that time period.

Avatar 2 makes me remember what movies used to be about. It makes me happy to watch movies again. It makes me excited that maybe our species is finally learning something and that there are good people willing to take stands that are worth being made. It is a shining jewel along with a few other recent films (say The Planet of the Apes Trilogy) in terms of themes that should be represented in cinema.

I'll be going to see this movie again. And it's really the first time I've said that about a film in probably 11 years or so, really since the last Avatar film.

One thing I'll note, the critics that criticize this movie; a lot of them are doing so in bad faith. The reality is they display their own bias and the putrid filth that lies at the heart of American culture. When I see takes like "Though a technical spectatcle, Cameron has evolved his stortytelling from "Save the Rainforest" to "Save the Whales." I see not a criticism of a movie, but a reflection of who that viewer is as a person. That they are unable to connect with or take anything at face value. That they are unable to feel or think without those smirks, and unauthentic jokes. Like every single Marvel film. Like most cinema now in America today. Nothing can be authentic. Everyone must be laughting at what is going on. They would be happy in Avatar if after the World Tree burned down he quipped "Yeah...that happened." This is what our society, our culture, our artforms have all been reduced to. The concept that making a fantasy movie about saving sentient whales is somehow a net-negative.

One of the most amazing things I think in the film and I really noticed was how heavily the designs of the home bases that the jungle was destroyed for matched modern American cities. They didn't model them after compact, european, walkable cities. Mind you in the reality of historical colonialism the colonial cities were small, compact, and european style. They modeled them after our massive car and energy based cities. Complete with massive highways running down the center of them, and large vehicles moving around. I can't think this isn't a coincidence and that Cameron is making a statement about how horrible our urban infrastructure is. The representation of the humans of earth in this movie as in Avatar 1, continue to be uniquely American. Despite Earth being a entire planet with thousands of different cultures and types of people. He's clearly saying something there too undoubtedly.

Overall this movie for me is a high 9 out of 10. Just an amazing feat of a film. I did not expect it to be this good, this immersive, this timely, or as good as it was. Kudos.

Hey, Mr. Cameron I just wanted to say I really enjoyed seeing Avatar 2 on the big screen, and you're right about the level of unashamed sincerity to the film. I've been a fan of all your work my whole life and I hope you keep making movies!

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

pospysyl posted:

Something this post made me realize: so much more time is spent describing the whalers' mode of production than the Na'vi's. You would think that the premise of the middle section of the movie - Jake Sully's family learns the Way of Water so to speak - would involve them learning how to fish, harvest seaweed, or do whatever this ocean village needs to do to survive, but that doesn't really happen. We get a single shot of a Na'vi fisher casting a net (it's a good thing those fish don't have the ability to compose songs) and the kids instead learn how to dive and befriend animal companions. Despite the king's warning to not be useless, nobody learns a single practical skill. In contrast, you get this really meticulous breakdown of every step in the whaling process, and there's so much love and attention to designing the various mechs and techniques those whalers use.

If there is an anti-capitalist thrust to all this, it's a very unconfident and shaky one. There's a reluctance to show too much of the sea people's economy, perhaps for fear that this would ethically implicate them in some way. It's a notable departure from the first Avatar, which in my recollection spent a great deal of time developing how the forest people society worked. Instead, the sea people are treated as almost childlike, without a care or want in the world other than to hang out with whales.

Well I think they showed all they needed, we know from seeing them that they fish, and forage for clams and things in the tide pools. There really isn't anything we need to know beyond that, as they don't have an economy, they don't have money and debt, they're explicitly (like the forest clans) a stone age hunter/gatherer culture. We know from the forest clans as well they're absolutely fine with hunting game and being part of the food chain, they just have no reason to do it to excess, they don't have 'quotas'.

Did we need to see them meet with another island tribe, someone trade their flute for a knife or pelt one of the other people had, or have someone turn to the camera and say "we fish to sustain our bellies, but we do not do it to excess and are respectful of our prey, just FYI"?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Maybe the extended version when it comes out will have a scene of a fisherman losing his net as a bigger fish swims away with it and he tells his wife who says she'll start weaving a replacement net. Or a metkayina coming back empty handed and sharing fish for dinner from the rest of the clan that caught some that day around a fire.

They could even have someone who loses their knife on the ocean floor during a hunt and they're unable to find it so they get one from their friend who had another knife they weren't using, and he gives him some honeyfish sap he had as thanks. Maybe an hour long scene of a circle of villagers weaving baskets and talking about the daily gossip?

I seriously don't understand what more we were supposed to get about the structure of their "production".

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

euphronius posted:

I can’t imagine there will be an extended edition

What did they cut out .

quote:

Director James Cameron's current cut of Avatar 3 is nine hours long, if a new rumor is to be believed.

The rumor comes courtesy of industry insider Jeff Sneider, who discussed the third Avatar installment's progress during an episode of the Hot Mic podcast. "Someone reached out [to me] and said Cameron handed in a cut of Avatar 3 last week," he said. "The cut was, no joke, 9 hours long. And apparently, he's insisting on doing the [visual effects] for this cut, so that all 9 hours get fully VFX'd, then he'll cut it down. Rather than figuring out what he wants and having them just do the VFX for that. That's what I heard." Neither 20th Century Studios nor Lightstorm Entertainment have publicly commented on Avatar 3's status, which means that Sneider's remarks should be taken with a grain of salt for now.

lol if true

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

As long as they ride penguins around.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

teagone posted:

The penguin analogue creature would be like their ilu or direhorse, yeah. Lol. But maybe a polar bear analogue would be their soul bonded creature? Ikran for the Omaticaya, tulkun for the Metkayina, and giant rear end bears for whatever the snow Na'vi are called.

no i want it to be a giant penguin

a penguin with teeth

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

One thing i was really kind of expecting for some reason before going into the movie though, was Spider being lured into helping the RDA and turning on the na'vi by the promise of getting an avatar body. I don't know why, if it was something i saw in a trailer or what, but for some reason I was thinking something along those lines would happen, essentially of his jealousy of the na'vi and smooth talking promises by the RDA.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

checkplease posted:

But really, she’s already feeding 4 kids and then this fifth one wants to keep coming over for dinner? Probably taught her innocent boys how to call someone a butthole.

Wait, I think I already made something for Bad Influence spider...

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

checkplease posted:

It all makes sense now.
He’s totally going to cause Kira to get a nose ring and some tattoos.

Now that they're Metkayina he'll cause her not to get a tattoo and make her mom furious.

Arglebargle III posted:

I agree. And Sam Worthington was in his mid-30s while filming Avatar.

There's a ridiculous level of wiki detail for Avatar so it turns out that RDA didn't have to build any more ships. They just sent all of them at once instead of running them on routine cargo trips.

Also The Way of Water skips it entirely but those braking burns would have been in the sky for months before any humans touched down.

I don't know how much of a free reign they had with the story, or how much was actually from official elements pieced together, but i took a glance at the comic book they just released that fills in some story of the humans coming back and its loving batshit, lmao, they literally have na'vi space suits and jake takes them up in the old shuttles left over to train in zero gravity space operations for stopping the humans before they can touch down. Like shooting bows in space and stuff, its wacky, but now i kinda want to see a space battle in avatar 4 or whatever lol.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

SadisTech posted:

Never trust comic book tie-ins to have canon information because they've usually been written by someone going omg wouldn't it be cool if

Yeah thats what I assume because it was so batshit, but I also have to consider the off chance Jim has just gone all in, lol.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I suppose avatars are expensive and the corporation wouldn't want to waste money on presumably a pr and science project, but I bet once Pandora kicked them out the RDA got a poo poo load of money from the government for any security thing they would need, and when it's the taxpayers dime, gently caress it print a thousand of them.

I mean the US can't afford healthcare, but just say the word when you need a trillion dollars in weapons platforms. :v:

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

checkplease posted:

I hear the Navi and whales are working weapons of mass destruction

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I mean they're not putting spies into those bodies, they're putting bearded wrap around shade wearing war crime lovin' "operators" into those 10' tall bodies. I don't think they have the slightest interest (or ability) to try and pass themselves off as real na'vi to other na'vi, even if you ignore all the biological differences like number of fingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Is Avatar still looking like a box office monster? I thought I had heard it under performed its opening weekend expectations.