Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

:drat:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kung Food posted:

One of the oldest written stories we have today comes from India around 8th or 9th century BC, and it ends with the main hero at the border of Paradise with everyone else but his loyal dog having died on the journey. A god come down to greet him tells him he is allowed in, but can't take the dog because no dogs allowed in heaven apparently. Our hero says gently caress that, I can't just abandon my dog and it wouldn't be heaven without it anyways then turns to leave. The god then says "Sike, that was just a test to see if you were worthy of heaven, of course the dog can come too."

A great twilight zone episode too

e: oh it was hell and it was for real. He was trying to be tricked but wouldn't leave his doggo

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Was reading the Saga of Hrolf Krakki (?) years ago and there was a passage talking about how the king was on the prow of his ship exchanging kingly words* with a guy standing on a nearby cliff.

*Per the footnotes kingly words are just gay jokes about dick sucking.

As far as Norse runic inscriptions go, there used to be a perception way back that they were basically only used for important ceremonial stuff like carving memorials in stone to dead warrior-kings and poo poo like that, but... many decades ago there were found a lot of bits of wood, in places where people used to gather socially (i.e. taverns and such). With runic inscriptions. That translate to all kinds of more prosaic things, like "Geirmund sucks dick" or "Your wife says to stop drinking and go home". Shitposting never changes.

My favourite of those actual vintage sagas I've read, Njál's saga, is a long and complicated tale of revenge, counter-revenge and counter-counter-revenge... there's a lot of points at which things could be over, but certain characters keep fanning the flames either because they deliberately troll and goad others into conflict, or because they just can't keep their mouth shut if they've thought up a really good insult. So an awful lot of people end up dead. The whole thing starts with a legal dispute over a divorce settlement, where the reason for the divorce is typically just left out in older translations... because the problem was a marital-relations one; the groom's penis was simply too large for his bride. (In turn, said problem was allegedly caused by witchcraft, the groom had previously had an affair with the dowager-queen of Norway and when he left in order to get married she put a curse on him so that if she couldn't enjoy the good dick anymore then neither would this new girl. loving hilarious.)