Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
https://twitter.com/WelshDalaiLama/status/1540286602869710848?t=XX6hGNpztYM6CDo9jCynXw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Food £200k
Decor £150k
Rent £0
Cocaine £360k
Treehouse £150k
someone who is good mates with the tory party please give me money. my family is feckless

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

bessantj posted:

Doesn't really seem a reckless use of another persons money. When you're a kid tree houses are pretty cool.

Plus, Boris can hang himself from it once the Tories have decided he's of no further use to them!

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i'm sure the taxpayers' alliance will be up in arms

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I think it’s Flying Rodent on Twitter who points out that Johnson’s big failing isn’t that he’s constantly grafting, thieving, shagging , taking bribes and being corrupt - it’s that he’s terrible at covering it up and the people who are used to this stuff being done quietly don’t like it

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/weirdmedieval/status/1540663097572044802

This is the world liberals want.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think that's the world that readers of the express want, actually.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I want a join a union but I'm honestly clueless about who does what. I'm middle management in the imports and distribution sector and have done some googling - it's suggesting URT, USDAW and various general unions like Unite, GMB etc. It'd also be rad if the guys I manage could join up but that's a tough slog, they're either apolitical or media poisoned to be anti union

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

General thread union advice if you're not sure what union to join in priority order:

1) The union that has the most people at your work. This is the correct choice 99% of the time.
2) Your profession specific union (eg a teacher's union if you're a teacher). If you're not sure what profession specific unions are available to you then
3) General unions: GMB, Unite, Unison. Of these, Unite is probably the least poo poo nationally but that's no guarantee about your local branch.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

All sorts of fudge released!

Howdy fudge fans!

As I’m sure a lot of you have noticed, we’ve been a bit quiet here recently- this is down to an insanely busy month with multiple markets every weekend, appearances on BBC Radio and who knows what else.. At last though, we’ve had a chance to sit down and sort our online stock for you guys!

And what a collection we have to offer, with multiple old favourites, several brand new flavours and the return of our delicious vegan range!

We’ve also got exciting news too- we’ll be trading at the Better World festival in Stoke on the 16th July, the Summer Court Renaissance Faire (run by Celestial Moments- you may have seen their work or previous events on TikTok) on August 6th in Bedfordshire and at the Market Drayton Carnival over the august bank holiday- as well as our now regular appearances at the Newcastle Under Lyme artisanal market 3rd Sunday of every month, Piccadilly Market in Hanley on the 4th Sunday and the Market Drayton Buttercross Artisanal Market the second Saturday. Busy times!

Anyway, without further ado, here’s our flavours this time around!

Fudge Flavours

- Original Vanilla
- Unicorn Barf
- Eton Mess
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Nibblez
- Crunchy Chocolate Honeycomb
- Bakewell Tart
- Pimms No.1
- Whisky and Candied Ginger
- Rum and Raisin
- Irish Cream
- Coconut Maccaroon

Vegan Flavours
- Veganilla
- You Jammy Git! (Jammy Dodgers)
- Maple and Pecan
- Salted Caramel (brand new!)

All flavours are live at https://www.fudjit.co.uk and cost £3.50 + P&P per c.100g bar; as always you can use the special goon code ‘Roastbeefisbest’ to get 5-for-4 on checkout!

Get fudged!

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
oh, so that's where Chukka went
https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1540406531761623043?cxt=HHwWhsC-9Yjlz-AqAAAA

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

We live in an ideology

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol, and indeed lmao

“I immediately handed the big bag of dodgy notes to one of my servants. So that’s all ok. Nothing to see”

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

nice try marcs and engel

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

We live in an ideology

And it sucks

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Facebook has been targeting me tonight with Home Office videos telling me to join the police force, which is weird since I'm a 50 year old cripple with a criminal record. This tells me that they've paid to spread the net very far and wide.

This video invites you to be one of 20,000 new police officers from the perspective of a rookie who finds a major drugs operation. My interpretation is that the govt is recruiting gormless idiots to protect the establishment once everything starts going to poo poo... more so...

Has anyone else seen the same on their feeds?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Report it for terrorism.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Guavanaut posted:

Report it for terrorism.

Good plan, and done

also commented with a shitpost

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

fuctifino posted:

Facebook has been targeting me tonight with Home Office videos telling me to join the police force, which is weird since I'm a 50 year old cripple with a criminal record. This tells me that they've paid to spread the net very far and wide.

This video invites you to be one of 20,000 new police officers from the perspective of a rookie who finds a major drugs operation. My interpretation is that the govt is recruiting gormless idiots to protect the establishment once everything starts going to poo poo... more so...

Yes! I've had one today - "GCHQ Admin Staff - The Backbone of Our Security!" apparently. So "backbone" indeed that the salary is all of £20k rising to a max of about £25k.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Yes! I've had one today - "GCHQ Admin Staff - The Backbone of Our Security!" apparently. So "backbone" indeed that the salary is all of £20k rising to a max of about £25k.

I asked on a few platforms, and other people are reporting the same. There seems to be a heavy push by the govt to expand the security state

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I'm not on Facebook so haven't had any. Maybe detach from your chosen evil social media giants if you want to avoid being accidentally conscripted into the ranks of fascism.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Good loving luck at wages like that, the stupid bastards.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Josef bugman posted:

stupid bastards.

That's exactly the target audience they are trying to recruit.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

fuctifino posted:

I asked on a few platforms, and other people are reporting the same. There seems to be a heavy push by the govt to expand the security state

It's more there's less police now than 2008 and people are noticing that they are useless for what people want from the police, moreso than security state expansion.

Also people quitting places like GCHQ because the pay is poo poo and them desperately trying to fill jobs with subpar pay by recruiting more.

The Tories want a security state on the cheap.

Eddy-Baby
Mar 8, 2006

₤₤LOADSA MONAY₤₤
I wouldn't want to be part of any security state that would accept me as a member

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Dudes not even bald.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Nice

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I'm also getting ads for GCHQ which is very funny

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

That's one of the best bits in the bible and I wish RE had been less the pious stuff and more the really weird poo poo.

From 2 Kings 2:23-25:
'Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!”

So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

Then he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.'

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

happyhippy posted:

Dudes not even bald.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎/

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

fuctifino posted:

Good plan, and done

also commented with a shitpost

That's a good laugh and all, but could you not report it as "Political Candidate or Issue"?

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

fuctifino posted:

The provinces are behind the curve. I’ve noticed Met-centric polis adverts for about 9 months here in London. It looked at the time very much like a post-Everard attempt at image rehabilitation. Grim AF. Now it just looks like pigs recruiting for the knacker.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Mocking me?
God, send in Yogi to tear his arms off.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Jeherrin posted:

The provinces are behind the curve. I’ve noticed Met-centric polis adverts for about 9 months here in London. It looked at the time very much like a post-Everard attempt at image rehabilitation. Grim AF. Now it just looks like pigs recruiting for the knacker.

The funniest part of this is that, post-Everard, it's been basically nothing but a string of "Hey, the Met really is full of complete loving arseholes, isn't it?" stories.

Imagine being the Met's head of PR and - presumably - being so short of options that you can't just resign, but have to plod on regardless. Serves whoever that oval office is right, imo.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
42 kids could definitely take on 2 bears, definitely get one down.

And unless they were old fashion Duggars, 42 kids would be at least 6+ families, upto 42 max possible.
So all these families would be nearby obviously, kids travel on foot wouldnt be far.
So eventually would come along and see 42 corpses all in close proximity, wondering what the hosed happened. Hellraiser 4000BC
So it would be the local talk for years, how a near full local generation got wiped out and no one knows what happened.
The rest grow up with this tragic story, passed on.
Then some rear end in a top hat preacher comes along, and tells them the story of how 42 kids made an old man feel sad so had to die.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
And if they were all large Biblical-style families, then you know how the rest fight if someone takes a swing at one of them, even if they all hate one another at home.
Five or six groups of those would wreck a couple of large lone carnivores no matter how much holy fire they'd been wreathed in.

The bald nonce was up to something.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

lol they're just any old dickheads

Just those stupid pricks you see out and about, or have to work with

And they're in charge

The car's country's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Yeah I've got a mate who works for the National Crime Agency. I'm not sure what pay he's on now as he's posted in Columbia looking at drug trafficking and stuff, but I know that for years before he was sent out there (he did actually volunteer for it tbf) he was always complaining about how poo poo his pay was.

Barry Foster posted:

lol they're just any old dickheads

Just those stupid pricks you see out and about, or have to work with

And they're in charge

The car's country's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel

Yeah they are just absolute loving cretins.

I think part of why liberals jizz so much about how amazingly competent everybody in charge is that their brains would explode if they realised just what an absolute fuckwit every single person in any position of power actually is. Realising this also makes you think that sortition would likely be better at producing good outcomes than picking whatever prick's Dad knows the right people to lead us (i.e. how it's done right now)

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 26, 2022