Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
got the laundry done and my car cleared of trash.

time for a quick stop at the brewery for some hot crossword action (it is 27.22C today).

clue: Do some housework and cook with hot spices in a desert storm (4,5)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
told the nice lady at the glasses place yesterday that no, I didn't need them in 30 minutes because I wasn't in a hurry, and 3 hours later got an email saying they were ready to pick up lol. so yeah seeing clearly again is great!

earlier today cut my hair, which came out ok

currently watching MotoGP and about to walk down to grab a takeout pizza and watch the 3rd race.

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 5, 2022

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the best part of these weekend threads is that everyone is usually having a good to perplexed time

made some budget pho, ate it, can't move anymore

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

dioxazine posted:

the best part of these weekend threads is that everyone is usually having a good to perplexed time

The vibe in these threads has been “posting your Weekend Ws” for a while I feel.

but I’m cool commiserating over some weekend Ls, too.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I did some light gardening. I ordered a sechuan peppercorn plant and it arrived today

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

that rules. I write sometimes and honestly it's just "take this lil nugget and stash it somewhere and you might use it someday" and eventually (i hope) there'll be enough to make a book out of. I assume music is the same but idk

hey asking for a friend but if you start writing a story and you don’t plan for it to be erotica but then erotic elements slip in do you still have to publish it under a stupid name like jeffrey beamshorts

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

echinopsis posted:

hey asking for a friend but if you start writing a story and you don’t plan for it to be erotica but then erotic elements slip in do you still have to publish it under a stupid name like jeffrey beamshorts

if you read books that were not erotica, you might discover that regular books have sex scenes too

just dont be weird about it, lol

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

sexy…books?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Stephen King puts weird unnecessary sex scenes in every one of his books and they're still "horror"

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

MrQueasy posted:

The vibe in these threads has been “posting your Weekend Ws” for a while I feel.

but I’m cool commiserating over some weekend Ls, too.

weekend Ws: got some work done on my project car. cleaned up around the house a little bit. caught up a little on tv

weekend Ls: sat around with bad brain a bit more than i prefer. neighbors are being loud and boisterous, which introvert brain wants to scurry away from. a date that i was trying to arrange ended up falling through, but it was kind of last minute so im not going to read anything into it

overall pretty good :unsmith:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

Stephen King puts weird unnecessary sex scenes in every one of his books and they're still "horror"

man i read It in one monster 16 hour session one quiet sunday and uhhhhhhh

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Turns out Heinrich is not really running, barely managed to get home from the grocery store. Signs are pointing to the vacuum pump failing :negative:

I tested it right after putting in a new brake booster and master cylinder a few weeks ago and it was tip top, the hell

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
weekend status: eat poo poo, boston

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I spent all weekend trying to find a suit for a couple of weddings later this month. it was a huge pain in the rear end but I emerged successful in the end.

more importantly, I went to a free concert in the parking lot of a weird mall, decided I should get a hat to protect the old scalp, and found a “survivor: Panama” crew hat at the vintage store. my survivor pool friends are going to be insanely jealous. I also made $20 for doing a diet cola taste test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
Friends, I'm sorry but the weekend is over. It brings me no pleasure to say so, but its just the way it is on this bitch of an earth.

So we got five days to the next one, but that's ok. Five days isn't that long - you can absolutely make it. This weekend was good, and the next one's gonna be even better, i just know it. So hang in there.