Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

CPIG WAS BLOCKED BY THE PET ON N3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

PsychoSoldier posted:

Oh poo poo, you're right, that's some excellent sleuthing. So Grandicap protecting Windward could easily just be a straight up lie.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Hm. Wait, NeverHelm rolecopped CirclMastr, right? But that was with your "I can't believe it's not butter(tm)" version of Cpig's ability. If it obscured his alignment then it could have obscured having a "last scum" ability too. That makes Circl less mech cleared at least, although his behavior has still been consistently on the side of finding scum. I want to be more active but I can't right now, it'll have to wait until after work.

The way the ability read was "rolecop." I don't think my abilities were nerfed in the sense of not getting the proper full rolecard. That's sort of the tradeoff I've always seen all the forums I've been where you get the role, no alignment. It would make sense that here, you'd get the card, no alignment/wincon. But if you scan the Godfather, you don't need an alignment. I feel it would have been the same here where we'd see the full description and be able to pick it up one way or another.

I think the fact we seemingly had no traditional cop kind of boosts this fact. Remember, we had a Godfather that specifically had it's info obscured, not in the "You'll show up as town way," and we have yet to see a single counter to that role.

I think my role and maybe binus' item thief is literally the only thing that could counter that.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Ok, I'm glad I found that, because I was getting really paranoid because literally this whole process felt towny af from you, and if we couldn't explain the kill being blocked, I would have had to flip reads that really didn't make sense.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Same. It was making me crazy thinking the only remaining option was CirclMastr, and that didn't make any sense from too many angles. This has only reaffirmed my desire to vote Grandicap today. I wish we had a more ironclad plan for tomorrow if by some twist of fate he flips town, but you've done a lot of good work already and I feel like all the alternatives are getting rapidly ticked off. I think we're all in agreement it can't be Iggy. You and CirclMastr's votes and behavior has been consistently scumhunting these last few days. I know I can't prove myself as well as that, but I have been trying this last day at least after Multiverse finished.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

PsychoSoldier posted:

We're all sitting here yelling at each other not realizing Yami gave Meen an untrackable, unblockable kill

Hidden role mechanic that result in me being sleepwalk scum that kill like that would make me laugh rear end off. Would not fit rest of game though, so probably not in play.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

PsychoSoldier posted:

Excellent find. Had feeling pet at one time or other responsible for stop NK, but had no drive to figure out detail to make case of it. This make almost certain Grandi the last scum.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

It's like 3:30 AM for me, so I'm probably gonna take a nap soon. I'm gonna be honest...going through you and Grandi's ISO is daunting, and I'm not sure I have the energy for it. After that, I'm about ready to just say gently caress it and vote Grandi.

I mean, for me, it has to be you or Circl. And I really don't think it's Circl. Which sucks from your perspective if you're town, but I don't really know what else to do about it lol. If it got to that and I haven't gone through your ISO by then, I would thoroughly go over both yours and his to make sure, assuming I'm still alive. If he dies and Meen's alive, I don't know, it's about the same and I still think Meen wouldn't have a ninja kill after CPig's flip? So I'd be even more likely to vote you.

If YOU die, then I'd vote Circl hands down. If Meen has a ninja kill or somehow was otherwise unblockable and untargetable, then congratulations. The mech won.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

PsychoSoldier posted:

It's like 3:30 AM for me, so I'm probably gonna take a nap soon. I'm gonna be honest...going through you and Grandi's ISO is daunting, and I'm not sure I have the energy for it. After that, I'm about ready to just say gently caress it and vote Grandi.

I mean, for me, it has to be you or Circl. And I really don't think it's Circl. Which sucks from your perspective if you're town, but I don't really know what else to do about it lol. If it got to that and I haven't gone through your ISO by then, I would thoroughly go over both yours and his to make sure, assuming I'm still alive. If he dies and Meen's alive, I don't know, it's about the same and I still think Meen wouldn't have a ninja kill after CPig's flip? So I'd be even more likely to vote you.

If YOU die, then I'd vote Circl hands down. If Meen has a ninja kill or somehow was otherwise unblockable and untargetable, then congratulations. The mech won.

I'd like to clarify everything after the first paragraph is my "ironclad" plan if we're wrong on Grandi

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

The biggest thing is with Grandi's ISO, I think all I'd really find is behavioral poo poo. Stuff that sounds good tone-wise, but nothing that's really promoting the town wincon other than when scum was outed. And I feel HCT's would largely be the same. Only HCT has the low scum-utility role and has all three flipped scum having considerably distanced posts in varying degrees, whereas Grandi has a high utility scum role and was largely ignored by the three flipped scum.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Yeah, I got it. I can't blame you for voting me at that point. It would be wrong, but I can see why you'd do it. I think if Grandi is somehow town, whoever remains will surely leave me alive and probably kill Iggy, then tomorrow is a standoff between me, you and CirclMastr and I don't think town wins that one, unfortunately. But we still have time, get rest, I'll actually do my job, and if you think of anything else we can process that then.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

And if I think on engagement with me, I think HCT and I got the most heated, but also had the most understanding of each other after the first couple phases. HCT saw the dangers of his tunnel and didn't want to jump right into voting me despite being tracked to the kill. That's a big thing for me. Especially when his opposition took the "Kill all 3p" stance

(Not his actual words, but as I explained earlier, his and CPig's wanting to kill me because the mech tracked me to the body - even despite a lot of people doubting - is the sort of thing scum uses to make a meaningful push with bite that has minimal blowback if I flipped town)

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Honestly, I probably won't get to the ISOs after I wake up, and like I said, I don't think it's gonna show me anything that changes my positions on how you've both treated me, how the scum have treated you, and the amount of pro-town stuff you've both done. So I'll hold my vote if you still want more time. I'm assuming Circl's had all the time he needs, and I'm guessing Meen is literally just being nice and waiting for us to make our final decision. But I'm pretty much as ready as I'll ever be.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Might as well vote. I don't think I'm going to vote anyone other than Grandicap today. ##vote Grandicap

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

##vote Grandicap

Godspeed, y'all

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Grandicap (3): CirclMastr, Hyper Crab Tank, PsychoSoldier
Hyper Crab Tank (1): CirclMastr, CirclMastr, Grandicap

Not Voting (1): Ignatius M. Meen

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 21st, 2022 at 4 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 1 day, 17 hours.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
:rip: Grandicap, Duke Alvein (Scum-Aligned Jailer) was lunched Day 8. :rip:

quote:

You are one of the most powerful and ruthless aristocrats in the kingdom… but ‘one of’ is not enough. You will only rest once you are in full control of the kingdom.

Everything is for your Household… and the one in control of the Household is you. Anyone who does not submit must be crushed.

You are one of the strongest mages in the kingdom. Your earth magic is so potent that it is almost inescapable.

At night, you can ##Jail a player by trapping them in impossibly tough rock. They will be roleblocked but any action targeting them will fail.

Passively, your kills will be be Unstoppable.

If you are the only member of your team alive, you may kill people the people you jail.

Your goal is to be uncontestably in control of the vote.

---

Town has won the game!

Sandwolf achieved his unique win condition.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Thank god!

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

And I got to officially win :')

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

:toot:

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
Yesss

Great work, everyone!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Thanks for the game yami!

Fun times.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
This was great, it felt like there was a real shadow war going on between the masonry and scum for most of the game and all of town came together in the end. Big props to everyone who played, scum put up a great fight.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Woohoo!! Great job town. Thanks for the game yami

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Thanks for the game Yami. Well played town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

THAT’S RIGHT BABY, A SANDWOLF WIN

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I definitely did not expect to survive to the end, but I'm glad I did. Thanks for the game, Yami!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

That was great, thanks Yami.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Great game, everyone! That four people masonry seriously gave us a headache, and Circl just wouldn't die ever.

(Frank is real, by the way, he moved in with Grandi and stared at him evilly.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hell yeah, grats town.