Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

This thread is to share things that irrationally piss you off even though they shouldn’t and you know you’re a goddamned idiot for even caring. We’re all aging and it’s time to start bitching about the little things and calcifying in our worldview

I’ll start. Big grocery store where I live (and maybe the chain nationally idk if it’s local or national) now scans ID for all age 21 purchases. This follows on the heels of a local convenience store chain that’s everywhere around here doing the same thing maybe a year ago

gently caress that bullshit. I don’t want to pull my ID out every time I buy beer it’s loving stupid bullshit

Id much rather a bunch of seventeen year olds get vape pens and hard seltzers than even minorly inconvenience myself by taking out my ID

I don’t give a gently caress about the children tbh this is about not having to “do my part” why should I be expected to go out of my way to prevent your kids from making inconsequential choices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

shut the hell up grandma

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

shut the hell up grandma

No. I will be heard and you will listen I’m embracing the boomer mentality and it feels good

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
oh god this is real isn't it

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Fred Meyer doesn't card they just swipe their little badge and approve it for sale

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Cuttlefush posted:

oh god this is real isn't it

Oh yes very real

Fuckers made me pull out my ID and I’m still seething

Fortaleza posted:

Fred Meyer doesn't card they just swipe their little badge and approve it for sale

Wrong motherfucker! :wrong:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Oh yes very real

Fuckers made me pull out my ID and I’m still seething

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Never happens to me. Try going to the store while looking like a manly adult man who's over 21, works for me

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Fortaleza posted:

Never happens to me. Try going to the store while looking like a manly adult man who's over 21, works for me

Are you really going to come into my thread about my oppression and question my lived experience? Really? Trust me, I look at least a decade older than I am and those ID fascists made me take the drat thing out and scanned it right in front of me like it was just no big deal at all. I took a video of my rant on the drive home which I’ll share if I can figure out how to get it off of my phone

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Big grocery store where I live (and maybe the chain nationally idk if it’s local or national) now scans ID for all age 21 purchases. This follows on the heels of a local convenience store chain that’s everywhere around here doing the same thing maybe a year ago

gently caress that bullshit. I don’t want to pull my ID out every time I buy beer it’s loving stupid bullshit

Id much rather a bunch of seventeen year olds get vape pens and hard seltzers than even minorly inconvenience myself by taking out my ID

I don’t give a gently caress about the children tbh this is about not having to “do my part” why should I be expected to go out of my way to prevent your kids from making inconsequential choices

What's fun is imagining what led to this. I wonder how many minors got away with buying beer/whatever during the pandemic due to masks? This inevitably led to busts at a couple of stores, some big fines, maybe even a half-assed lawsuit because someone's little angel drank liquor bought illicitly. So now Fred Meyer cards everyone, just in case.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
libs: having to show ID to vote is racist
also libs: having to show ID to buy a miller high life tall boy is normal and good

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

for real I'm tired of being over 40 and being carded

I don't think my family greys since my older brother is still black as night so I might just try greying it myself and see if they cut it the gently caress out

oh and they can't just look at my loving wallet anymore, i gotta yank it out of the stupid window and and they hold it up to the light and get a forensics team in there, like what the gently caress are you going to find are you moonlighting for the atf your just a loving cashier wehat do you loving care just look at my tired rear end loving crowsfeet defeated loving face and let me bag my loving liver poisoner

yeah were all counting on you to catch the one 40 year old rear end looking motherfucker that's under 21 with a fake ID and has a dadwallet you're a loving hero you saved the loving day

Crazypoops has issued a correction as of 19:00 on Sep 16, 2022

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Bob Socko posted:

What's fun is imagining what led to this. I wonder how many minors got away with buying beer/whatever during the pandemic due to masks? This inevitably led to busts at a couple of stores, some big fines, maybe even a half-assed lawsuit because someone's little angel drank liquor bought illicitly. So now Fred Meyer cards everyone, just in case.

Lmao I hadn’t even considered the why but this is probably it. When will we learn that prohibition doesn’t work

Imo if you can learn how to drive you should be able to vape in peace

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i looked sideways at a twenty something white kid with face tats and a tight fitting pair of adidas riding halfway down his rear end

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
mcd combo is $10. too much money. in my day was $5. thats normal price. pisses me off

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
had to order vegan, gluten free pizza for the ppl at work for work pizza. cost me $70. gently caress off. hurr. if your body is so hosed up u cant eat normal food then dont expect to be catered to bitch. bring your little salad and 5 walnuts. ableist? sure. dont care.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

honestly, there are too many darn shows and I'm not afraid to say it

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

i can't speak any languages besides english and lots of kids can

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

my neighbor hasnt mown the grass and its about an inch too tall for my liking

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

i looked sideways at a twenty something white kid with face tats and a tight fitting pair of adidas riding halfway down his rear end

Why was he wearing shoes on his rear end?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Smythe posted:

had to order vegan, gluten free pizza for the ppl at work for work pizza. cost me $70. gently caress off. hurr. if your body is so hosed up u cant eat normal food then dont expect to be catered to bitch. bring your little salad and 5 walnuts. ableist? sure. dont care.

just wait until you eat a regular pizza and your body betrays you, smythe

just wait

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

Watch that little salad with walnuts be kale and they’ll pretend they like eating a green with texture of beef jerky and the flavor of bad tap water

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Smythe posted:

im sorry man but youre gluten free dont eat bread or bread products

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

No david these cookies aren't made out of loving glutenfree flour. How about you ask god for a better body in the next life?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
I bake my own sourdough bread and you're speaking my language, brother.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Smythe posted:

mcd combo is $10. too much money. in my day was $5. thats normal price. pisses me off

i miss all the different dollar menus at fast food joints. Now its all relabeled as "value menus" gently caress off with that bullshit. A $2.50 lovely cheeseburger aint no value

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Used to work with a chick that was "allergic to gluten" but loooved widmer Hefeweizen beers, nobody had the heart to tell her

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

They don’t make any movies except for superhero movies these days. Nothing but aquamans and batmans and sharkwomans. Can’t they make a movie about a college student who makes up a fraternity so they can have beer & booby hijinks with his dumb friends, or a movie about a guy who’s on the run from the mafia and has to get into dozens of car chases and shoot-outs in the span of 95 minutes?

I mean I wouldn’t watch them, but I’d be happy knowing they exist.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

honestly, there are too many darn shows and I'm not afraid to say it

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

They don’t make any movies except for superhero movies these days. Nothing but aquamans and batmans and sharkwomans. Can’t they make a movie about a college student who makes up a fraternity so they can have beer & booby hijinks with his dumb friends, or a movie about a guy who’s on the run from the mafia and has to get into dozens of car chases and shoot-outs in the span of 95 minutes?

I mean I wouldn’t watch them, but I’d be happy knowing they exist.

These are related

Streaming has doomed us all to mediocre entertainment and I for one will complain loudly about it while continuing to pay for six different streaming services that I watch one thing on each and going to a feature length film in a theater no more than once a year

As god intended

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

if a restaurant asks me to scan a qr code to see the menu i'm gonna come back later and wreck up the place

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

sick to death of all of these useless gadgets. hey heres a $300 watch that looks like poo poo and needs to be plugged in and by memorizing a series of swipe commands that work 80% of the time you can see the first nine letters of a text message you got. gently caress off

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Crazypoops posted:

for real I'm tired of being over 40 and being carded

I don't think my family greys since my older brother is still black as night so I might just try greying it myself and see if they cut it the gently caress out

oh and they can't just look at my loving wallet anymore, i gotta yank it out of the stupid window and and they hold it up to the light and get a forensics team in there, like what the gently caress are you going to find are you moonlighting for the atf your just a loving cashier wehat do you loving care just look at my tired rear end loving crowsfeet defeated loving face and let me bag my loving liver poisoner

yeah were all counting on you to catch the one 40 year old rear end looking motherfucker that's under 21 with a fake ID and has a dadwallet you're a loving hero you saved the loving day

Same, but I don't think they do it for kicks, I think they'll get loving fired if they get caught slipping

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

vyelkin posted:

just wait until you eat a regular pizza and your body betrays you, smythe

just wait

im lactose intolerant and ill eat some slices no problem i just deal with it instead of being a huge bitch

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

cartoons dont let donald duck point a loaded gun at a motherfucker. shameful. cartoons used to be GOOD

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i miss all the different dollar menus at fast food joints. Now its all relabeled as "value menus" gently caress off with that bullshit. A $2.50 lovely cheeseburger aint no value

its a rip off

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

kids these days don't want to do drugs or gently caress anymore they just want to sit on their computers and watch twitch streams of pedophiles playing minecraft or big titty anime puppets play mario kart or other stupid poo poo. just awful

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

cartoons dont let donald duck point a loaded gun at a motherfucker. shameful. cartoons used to be GOOD

i like the one where pluto's bitch leaves him with the puppies, and pluto proceeds to get drunk as gently caress while the puppies run wild and get themselves into trouble. the bitch gets home, pluto's plastered and the puppies are filthy. the bitch kicks them all out of the dog house and makes them sleep in a barrel, where pluto and the puppies all sleep happily together, while the bitch says awake growling to herself.

dudes rock

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

all rap music is about how the guy is too sad and on too much xanax to gently caress or do anything fun. no good

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

i like the one where pluto's bitch leaves him with the puppies, and pluto proceeds to get drunk as gently caress while the puppies run wild and get themselves into trouble. the bitch gets home, pluto's plastered and the puppies are filthy. the bitch kicks them all out of the dog house and makes them sleep in a barrel, where pluto and the puppies all sleep happily together, while the bitch says awake growling to herself.

dudes rock

bugs bunny was about to play the piano and pulls out a revolver and stone cold shoots a motherfucker in the audience dead for coughing. that poo poo still kills. beautiful gag. can't do that nowadays now everything is made by the people who make that big heads show on netflix and every "joke" is copied from the office but maybe they add a "drat" or "gently caress" to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

it's too easy to be gay these days

when i was young being gay took effort

now the young people are rolling out of bed gay

pisses me off