Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Ten or so years ago I was a chef at a very, very upscale hotel/resort where once a year a delegation of strict orthodox jews from new york would come for a conference and essentially take the place over. Because I'm not jewish by birth or whatever, the rabbi had to make me and the staff temporarily jewish so we could handle the meats and the milks withouh condemning each and every diner to eternal torment in hell. We had to close our eyes while the rabbi said some words, and when he was done we could do whatever we wanted with the food and utensils and nobody would roast in hell for all eternity because I touched cheese and meat in the same general timeframe.

My question is, am I still jewish? Does the spell of enchanting wear off after a set period of time? With great power comes great responsibilty so I want to make sure uncle ben doesn't get murdered by some degenerate (culinarily speaking) if I still posess these sacred gifts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Oh gently caress. We forgot to un-Jew this guy. He could be anywhere by now.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
Do you have a foreskin? Quick, check your penis!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nah if you are doing poo poo out of fear of hell you are definitely catholic.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
One time a Jewish friend brought over cookies. After she left my brother in-law showed up and tried one, remarking, "These taste Jewish." He never really was able to explain what he meant.

Does your food taste Jewish, OP?

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Foreskin intact, kosher pickles taste good, but so do ham and cheese sandwiches :shrug:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Dang, a real head scratcher!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jillian poo poo posted:

Foreskin intact, kosher pickles taste good, but so do ham and cheese sandwiches :shrug:

Lol hey pal, if you want this meal kosher you’re gonna have to supply the paste-on temporary foreskins. :haibrow:

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

It just occurred to me that maybe the rabbi made me jew-ish, not jewish

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
You're not Jewish, just kosher-style.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

The Kosher Buff wears off around 24 hours after the Rabbi casts it.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

why didn’t he just have you handle the food through a hole in a sheet?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That depends on the rabbi's caster level, I think

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
When I worked for Syrian Jews, they had three microwaves in the breakroom but only one Lavazza machine.

WhyZodiac
Oct 29, 2015

Ramrod XTreme
We are all Jewish OP.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Jillian poo poo posted:

RE: foreskin; do you feel guilt or do you feel shame- if you feel guilt, the buff is still active. If you feel shame, you may have a residual Catholic blessing on you, if you're feeling horny you may just be an athiest and you will receive no effects from buffs (unless you want to).

I'm half Jewish and I just smoke weed and get high but your milage may vary

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I'm still confused. I don't feel anything! So am I jewish?

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

RE: foreskin; do you feel guilt or do you feel shame- if you feel guilt, the buff is still active. If you feel shame, you may have a residual Catholic blessing on you, if you're feeling horny you may just be an athiest and you will receive no effects from buffs (unless you want to).

I'm half Jewish and I just smoke weed and get high but your milage may vary

Yeah I was always an athiest and am horny 24/7 so I dunno

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The duration of the buff depends on the power level of the rabbi.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Not sure that's how the kosher rules work

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jillian poo poo posted:

I'm still confused. I don't feel anything! So am I jewish?

gently caress yeah, now you’re gettin it! :hfive:

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Not sure that's how the kosher rules work

not sure you're a real rabbi!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sophy Wackles posted:

The duration of the buff depends on the power level of the rabbi.

Yeah whatever cheap poo poo you got at the hospital is garbage, gotta go round 2 on that poo poo.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Don't be a cheapass OP, hire a rabbi to perform the ceremony on you again, and tip 'em enough to make it stick (be prepared to barter),

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

BigBadSteve posted:

Don't be a cheapass OP, hire a rabbi to perform the ceremony on you again, and tip 'em enough to make it stick (be prepared to barter),

I thought it was usually the rabbi that took care of the tip?

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

potato latkes with:

A. Apple sauce
B. Sour cream

choose wisely

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Only 1 way to be sure OP. Rub a bunch of bacon all over your body and cleanse yourself in the holy spirit of Jesus Christ.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

reminds me of the french GIGN that had to convert to islam during the Grand Mosque seizure

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Sorry OP, you now like Gefilte Fish. That's the rules.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I think after 90 days without a refresher it becomes a curse. Or wait maybe I just wanna watch drag me to hell

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I need a shtickel of hummus for this pita bread

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Can I have some latkes? Those always sounded pretty good.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Look down, at your balls. Are they matzah?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
We're not giving you the vegetable, OP. That is our secret to keep.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

well first off, how is business?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i think the most likely explanation is that the rabbi's spell fizzled. you would've noticed if you had turned jewish, and if you didn't feel anything then the spell didn't work. maybe you weren't properly grouped up when he cast it. it can only apply to party members.

unfortunately that means all those people you served, they're going straight to jewish hell

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I was a groomsman at a Jewish wedding, but they didn’t make me wear a yarmulke because they realized it looked stupid on my big fat Irish Catholic head.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

the spell he cast was a shielding spell, meant to shield the food from your dirty, dirty hands. you were never actually jewish, even temporarily, and there's no such thing as a 24/7 shield spell without somebody dedicating a crapload of mana to it 24/7.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Protection from Food and Evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Motherfucker posted:

Protection from Food and Evil