Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Toaster Beef posted:

that big hat tweet is one of the funniest loving things i've ever seen

lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

;amar is extremely pissed.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
not gonna lie could go for a big hat under the right circumstances

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sean Taylor memorial big hat when

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
First off, deserved win for Jacksonville. We should have done better and should have won, but they absolutely hung in there and deserved the win. Not like another team we played this year.

Don't have much to say but we need to SCORE TOUCHDOWNS MORE and early and put teams away.

We screwed Tucker out of his 4th quarter streak with an AWFUL play on that last series. Come on. You need a bigger chunk than that and you aren't hitting a 67 yarder in FL. Pick up 3-5 more yards there and that's a winning 60+ yarder for Tucker. We had two timeouts and could have dialed up a good chunk play. But whatever.

Definitely miss Hamilton and Williams big time in the secondary. And Fuller too really but gently caress all we can do about that one.

Also need to let Peters walk this offseason. I like the dude but too often he's giving up big plays and isn't producing the clutch picks these days.

Oh well. Congrats Jaguars.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/KyleBrandt/status/1596999037374566402?t=wNSYhY8_cwwTwNew8SHw0Q&s=19

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Also Harbaugh will not fire Roman. He should have been fired last offseason but no, it's always excuses excuses. He calls one good game out of like four and occasionally does good 2nd half adjustments and that's enough for dunce Harbaugh to treat him with kid gloves.

This play clock poo poo we deal with every game is apparently his doing and Harbaugh has done NOTHING to get it under control as head coach. That's where you gotta put your foot down and say "Greg, stop this poo poo NOW. I don't know what cutesy poo poo you are trying to do on these playcalls but you are causing the offense to have to rush to the line every down and it's loving us up. Stop it." Harbaugh will never do that though unless his rear end is on the line. Then he'll sacrifice one of his men. It's actually a pretty smart strategy to cover his own rear end. Be loyal to these guys to a fault then use them as a human shield when the heat is on.

This is the sort of thing you know a guy like Ken Dorsey absolutely WILL NOT tolerate.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kinda want that hat to

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/DrawPlayDave/status/1597000959473111041

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kawalimus posted:

This is the sort of thing you know a guy like Ken Dorsey absolutely WILL NOT tolerate.

What in the world gives you that idea? Dorsey has been an OC for 11 total games so far the most notable thing he's done is this:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1574130652743667715

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Kinda want that hat to

I will buy a Ravens one

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cavauro posted:

;amar is extremely pissed.

I want Lamar to call out the play calling publicly and force their hand between the coordinator and the QB, it won't accomplish anything but it would be funny. And he should wear the big hat while doing it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

fartknocker posted:

What in the world gives you that idea? Dorsey has been an OC for 11 total games so far the most notable thing he's done is this:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1574130652743667715

And he was mad there because the Bills player absolutely botched the situation by doing the absolute worst thing he could have done in that situation. That's why he was mad. And unlike Harbaugh and Roman he's not afraid to make himself heard and will not tolerate the bad situational awareness the Ravens are constantly showing.

Ken Dorsey was QBs coach for Josh Allen who came into the league looking like a Boller and then became a Mahomes in short order. And now the Bills have the #2 ranked offense in the league. Dorsey is 100% head coach material and I'm glad he got so mad at what that player did. That's exactly what we need here and not Harbaugh who doesn't even do anything.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thinking about that hat

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/matty_kcsn/status/1597005178351546369?s=46&t=WqycHKElMkEQV_gBntFBxg

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bout to re login to twitter just to like that tweet

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ArtButSports/status/1596990738612768770

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

But seriously the Jets have 3 first rounders and can guarantee the full deal.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1597006171113590784

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Lamar definitely not worth 250 million but this loss not on him really. Just misses way too many open guys. But I'm still fine with the Ravens paying him even though he's not worth that. He's the sort of good but flawed QB this organization kind of identifies with and he's fun to root for.

Plus if he goes elsewhere and does well this team will be officially cursed.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Not only does no one in the NFC South have a winning record, none of them are outscoring their opponents this year.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kawalimus posted:

Lamar definitely not worth 250 million but this loss not on him really. Just misses way too many open guys. But I'm still fine with the Ravens paying him even though he's not worth that. He's the sort of good but flawed QB this organization kind of identifies with and he's fun to root for.

im not gonna give lamar any poo poo when he's throwing to the corpse of desean jackson out there. they've given him the worst receiving corps in the nfl this year and an OC who calls plays as if they actually had a great set of receiving talent. its loving ridiculous

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1597008294551457795

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Relentlessboredomm posted:

im not gonna give lamar any poo poo when he's throwing to the corpse of desean jackson out there. they've given him the worst receiving corps in the nfl this year and an OC who calls plays as if they actually had a great set of receiving talent. its loving ridiculous

Guys get open and we have Mark Andrews. Lamar misses open guys downfield all the time. No our wideouts aren't the best but we have a strong set of TEs. And again guys have been open, Lamar just either doesn't see them open or misses them. In the Bengals game he missed easy TDs three times. The dude is just an inconsistent downfield passer.

In the first quarter DeMarcus Robinson was wide open for a probable TD and badly overthrown. In the 2nd half missed an open Josh Oliver for a TD that ended up a FG drive. So that's 8 points left on the table right there and we win with those.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1597009074130153472?t=EByOHglYg5PMyWhEZsYAog&s=19

NOGGIN BOSS

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I will not be buying the big hat for $80

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0373/4021/7475/products/1DadPatch_900x.png?v=1666243736

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

In his defense, all that Twitter troll is missing is a cliche simpsons style selfie as his avatar and it’d be the “douchebag on Twitter” starter kit

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

Guys get open and we have Mark Andrews. Lamar misses open guys downfield all the time. No our wideouts aren't the best but we have a strong set of TEs. And again guys have been open, Lamar just either doesn't see them open or misses them. In the Bengals game he missed easy TDs three times. The dude is just an inconsistent downfield passer.

In the first quarter DeMarcus Robinson was wide open for a probable TD and badly overthrown. In the 2nd half missed an open Josh Oliver for a TD that ended up a FG drive. So that's 8 points left on the table right there and we win with those.

yes sometimes he misses open dudes but as we can see from tons of other good qbs struggling this year, if you can't get a rhythm going bc your dudes typically don't get open it becomes incredibly difficult to consistently hit them.

like i said, im not gonna give him poo poo for some misses when his receiving talent is dogshit. and having some ok TEs isn't the same as a real receiving corps especially when Mark Andrews is inconsistent at best this year. its just not an offense that has a clear identity or develops rhythm at all.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's hard out there for them birds.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

let me put it another way. the ravens offense seems designed to only work when lamar does some impressive poo poo, like the most consistent play they have is lamar runs for yards. they succeed in spite of the offensive gameplan, bc lamar overcomes it. that is not a sustainable offense

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The replies of people who routinely spend $120+ on jerseys of players that get cut within a year or bust within 2 saying a hat half that expensive sounds like a poor financial choice :rubby:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Relentlessboredomm posted:

let me put it another way. the ravens offense seems designed to only work when lamar does some impressive poo poo, like the most consistent play they have is lamar runs for yards. they succeed in spite of the offensive gameplan, bc lamar overcomes it. that is not a sustainable offense

The problem is that we have no offensive gameplan. This team doesn't attack defenses or do anything smart we just do random poo poo we think will work in general. Way too many plays that like you said are just hope Lamar can do something and not attacking where the defense might be vulnerable. I put this on Harbaugh. This has been a problem year after year and even was an issue before Lamar era going back to Flacco. Like when Harbaugh just let Cameron misuse Boldin for the better part of three years until a loss to Washington brought heat on Harbaugh and Cameron got sacked. Jim Caldwell used Cameron's same playbook but was like ok we have this great slot receiver in Boldin. So let's actually use him there and attack defenses with that. And sure enough it helped us to a SB win.

Duvernay is also a really good utility type of player. And we did use him decently in this game and got a bunch of first downs with him.

Jamie Oliver is a good 2nd TE and maybe even a better option than Likely who needs to work on his hands. I have hope for that as they were solid in preseason. And that bucs game is a good example of where Likely can get.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 28, 2022

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Niners game was closer than it looked, but the Saints had to keep going for it and just couldn’t put it together. Some amazing stands by our defense. Offense made the Saints D look pretty drat good.

We got bailed out a little bit by the refs, but I’m going to call it a good win overall.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you want to see what a less than lamar qb looks like trying to do random stuff go to denverbroncos.com

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

if you want to see what a less than lamar qb looks like trying to do random stuff go to denverbroncos.com

I call Lamar a good but flawed QB. Not a bad QB by any stretch.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This is why it was stupid to stick with Roman/no wrs/whatever this "system" is for Lamar's whole rookie contract. Obviously the team knows more about him then I ever will but in game time you don't know if he's worth half a billion dollars or if it's one of those other things that's a problem or if all of those things are a problem. This sort of includes HARBS (autocorrect, leaving it) as well.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Chris James 2 posted:

The replies of people who routinely spend $120+ on jerseys of players that get cut within a year or bust within 2 saying a hat half that expensive sounds like a poor financial choice :rubby:

*Quickly deletes reply and hides Diggs, Bridgewater and Favre jersey*

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lamar needs weapons, you say? Can we interest him in Amon-Ra St. Brown and Jameson Williams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Kawalimus posted:

Plus if he goes elsewhere and does well this team will be officially cursed.

I think the best thing he has done is stay healthy. I never would have guessed this happening and i could see him getting seriously injured the minute the ink is dry. If the Ravens move on from him i would trust the decision. Also i would pay him, but it should have been a year and a half ago, seems too late. Dak contract two years ago would have done it and by now they would already probably had outs.