Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Ronaldo is absolutely going to play tomorrow no matter what and the saudis will bribe as many fifa officials as they have to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

Ronaldo is absolutely going to play tomorrow no matter what and the saudis will bribe as many fifa officials as they have to
If you hang around Al-Nassr headquarters in a nice suit tomorrow I wonder if you might just end up collecting a fat wad of cash.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 4, 2023

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

If you hang around Al-Nassr headquarters in a nice suit tomorrow I wonder if you just end up collecting a fat wad of cash.

I'll give it a try! Ill also wear steve urkel glasses and have a big notepad with a checklist on it for extra effect

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

I'll give it a try! Ill also wear steve urkel glasses and have a big notepad with a checklist on it for extra effect
And wear one earbud like it's some kind of official comms earpiece.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Lol even the heavens themselves are conspiring against ronaldo

https://twitter.com/alnassrfc_en/status/1610982224387608576?s=46&t=ZFNaNIoPJPokbJ17_DoOsQ

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Al-Nasr just finished their game and Ronald didn't maken an appearance. Has he been found out already???

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 6, 2023

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

shut up blegum posted:

Al-Nasr just finished their game and Ronald didn't maken an appearance. Has he been found out already???

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

SaudGoon please get him to sign an autograph to TRP tia

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

sebzilla posted:

SaudGoon please get him to sign an autograph to TRP tia

Will try my best but i cant bring myself to go watch an Al-Nassr game i hate those guys lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

:smug:

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

To Go!
TiME

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Her Dryer posted:

To Go!
TiME

It’s Arabic m8, you’re supposed to read it backwards

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Og ot emit or go to time?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Bumping to report that al nassr lost last night and big ron (8 goals in 7 games) didn't take it well

https://twitter.com/CrewsMat10/status/1633937249430564867?s=20

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

the sex ghost posted:

Bumping to report that al nassr lost last night and big ron (8 goals in 7 games) didn't take it well

lol

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

the sex ghost posted:

https://twitter.com/boi_pablo_/status/1633963917339705346

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

It's probably too early to say, but has Ronaldo increased stadium attendance, or TV ratings, or even TV coverage, (i.e. different markets now buying access to Al Nassi games)?

Or has he just been a sooky diva draining the rich oil barons money?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Lmao

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

BrigadierSensible posted:

It's probably too early to say, but has Ronaldo increased stadium attendance, or TV ratings, or even TV coverage, (i.e. different markets now buying access to Al Nassi games)?

Or has he just been a sooky diva draining the rich oil barons money?

I haven't watched a single game

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He could have retired from international games and seen out the season with United if he'd not been a complete dickhead about it, but instead he decided to completely torch his reputation on the way out, lol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Thanks Ants posted:

He could have retired from international games and seen out the season with United if he'd not been a complete dickhead about it, but instead he decided to completely torch his reputation on the way out, lol

idk I see it more as him reinforcing his reputation

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

to be fair united would probably have let him do his coaching badges and let him go off to manage middlesbrough or something

if you compare living in a backwards medieval settlement where minorities have no rights to his current job in saudi arabia, he probably got off light

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

https://twitter.com/RMCsport/status/1648440709203255296?cxt=HHwWgIDTleuFuOAtAAAA

only got a yellow lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's good that there's a league where you can do the scorpion death drop. Ronald made the right choice

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Why is Michael Oliver (badly) refereeing a game in Saudi

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Butterfly Valley posted:

Why is Michael Oliver (badly) refereeing a game in Saudi

They flew him in specifically the referee that match lol

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Brb, gonna tell my employer I’m flying halfway across the world to work for another organization for a few days and likely lucrative payout

(I get given the nature of FIFA and FA’s it’s not that cut and dry but still a weird situation)

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

sticksy posted:

Brb, gonna tell my employer I’m flying halfway across the world to work for another organization for a few days and likely lucrative payout

(I get given the nature of FIFA and FA’s it’s not that cut and dry but still a weird situation)

Pull a Messi, don't tell your employer, and make sure it's for a rival organisation

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think it's cool that Ronaldo chose to play in Saudi Arabia for the money and now the whole league is built to cater to his desire to chokeslam opponents, it's the perfect cap on an otherwise scintillating career

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It will be very funny if Portugal win the world cup next time out

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
After all the hype, apparently Ronaldo's team fell from 1st when he joined to 2nd at the end of the season, and the team that won are managed by Nuno Espirito Santo.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

After all the hype, apparently Ronaldo's team fell from 1st when he joined to 2nd at the end of the season, and the team that won are managed by Nuno Espirito Santo.

And Nuno's club is signing Benzema now

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

trem_two posted:

And Nuno's club is signing Benzema now
Apparently the Saudi government is going to give a fuckload of money to the league to sign big-name players, but only to the top 4-5 clubs. I'm sure the other clubs in the Saudi league love that.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I thought the saudis were giving all their money to Newcastle

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ilmucche posted:

I thought the saudis were giving all their money to Newcastle

they can spend way more in their own league that has no rules except what the saudis want

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If anybody thinks of investigating the clubs in the league the government will send them photos of suitcases until they change their minds

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

vyelkin posted:

They were something like 8 points clear before he joined too lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bogan Krkic posted:

They were something like 8 points clear before he joined too lol

lmao even in Saudi Arabia he makes his team worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

lmao Al-Nassr even have to go through the qualifying stage for the 2023-24 AFC Champions League, I wonder how easy of a draw that's going to be.

Because of the size of the AFC they usually split qualifying and group stages east/west, Saudi of course in the west but depending on getting through and the draw, Ronald could be taking away trips all around the Gulf, or such garden spots as Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.