Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
What the gently caress is that Three Kings one :psyduck:

Here's to another year of being completely baffled by images from across the ocean!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Wait what do they mean by "first" UK rocket launch, Top Gear did it years ago :v:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well what do you know, with all the crude humour and rear end and tits and dicks on display, that Charlie Hebdo cover is actually clever.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Trapezium Dave posted:

Spooner:

Chris Bowen, the energy and climate change minister, who unveiled changes to the "safeguard mechanism" that increases caps on the emissions of the most polluting industries. Labor's reforms to safeguard mechanism 'pro climate' and 'pro industry, Chris Bowen says (Canberra Times).

YO WHAT? :psyduck:

Comparing CO2 emission norms to mustard gas is truly the take of the year :stare:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well it's good to see that even halfway around the globe the solution of trams as public transport is also welcome. My city has them and I love them, give trams to everyone.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Microplastics posted:

I also plug my keyboard directly into my monitor

Offices will often have PCs integrated into monitors around here, so that's the least of issues with this Ted Rall drawing

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Bold of you all to assume that there is a "yearly" theme and any logic into what Tatsuya puts out instead of "whatever pops into his mind this week"

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hey, a clever visual metaphor in that last Bennet, including nicely fit labels, props.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I think it's "the propaganda narative of cop racism doesn't fit this particular case because the cops who killed the black teen were also black" if you want to use Branco-specific mindset.

The problem is, there still is racism in the case, as 4 black officers involved in the killing were fired, and the one white was let off with a warning.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
What the actual gently caress is the message of that Branco one Jesus Christ :psyduck:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

The Islamic Shock posted:

It always feels weird when Branco has a stopped clock moment.

Not with that atrocious art

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Kellies Nomination: Worst use of a label.

Like seriously, this one does nothing with the visual part of a cartoon, might as well be a text joke.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Obama_pulling_levers.jpg but with a badly photoshopped face of Biden on top

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Ramirez has stopped even trying to make sense, right?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Skios posted:

Urgh, I'm really sorry. Kind of got overwhelmed with work. Please just move on with them, and apologies for holding them up.

Anyway, content.

A.F. Branco

Wait. No fly?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Kellies Nomination: Most Racist

Like holy gently caress dude how more obvious can you be? At least the other ones go for the cheap joke of "Chicago is full of crime" but this one is nothing but pure racism.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Neito posted:

Check for goatees.

Instructions unclear, found only goatses.

Skios posted:

Mike Luckovich

Eh, Any Day Now...

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

The embed image cuts off the last 2 panels, but the ones cut off make no sense to me lol

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh gently caress off Rall

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I just really don't even know what sort of a racist or other awful take does Stiglitch present with this cartoon.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
:piss: I have not thought about the Piss Tape for over a year I believe

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

...now Rob, is the person that's arguing for both these things in the room with us right now?

Ah, I see the skull court is assembled...

Kikas fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 4, 2023

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
drat that's a horrible batch. I don't even know where to start hating.

Okay I will hate the Fentanyl one, as it comes right after one dedicated to a real tragedy. That's some misplaced effort. Effort that will make people think that Fenta is a bigger problem than it really is and is targeting kids.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Apr 4, 2023

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

I didn't realize the Telegraph now employs Kelly! Look how his art has improved!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Huh, that's how "Barabasz" is spelled in english, cool. I at least learned something today.

Also Payne contradicting himself by his own hipocrisy (by drawing the cartoon he is participating in the circus) is just :allears:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Skios posted:

John Deering

Ah poo poo, I actually laughed.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Come on now, this is tailor made for the edit.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

No need to look into this headline further i'm confident that's exactly what happened, for no reason except "crime".

I am looking and I'm having a hard time finding anything on why did teens gather at the Loop. Was it to commemorate last years shooting? Not from the US so I haven't heard anything about it.
All the news are about the shooting or FOX being assholes towards teens.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Whoever Said Life Was Cheap?

First Dog on the Moon: Hey! Don't krill yourself humanity!

I want a "Chill yourself before you krill yourself" shirt

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh cool we're doing "all young people are stupid weirdos" are we now, Jeff?

I take it as "it's weird that the youngest, lowest ranking officer is the culprit" suggesting that he is just a scapegoat, not the actual leaker.

But no, he's the actual guy and it's as dumb as it seems.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Bud Light is barely a beer, why such a lovely watered down pisswater is pushed so popular in the first place. This woke poo poo will push more people into actual decent tasty beers, a good thing has happened.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Wait it's not even a can you can BUY?

WHAT THE gently caress :psyduck:
I thought it was on the shelves or something, it's a promotional one-off? drat Bud was knowing exactly what they were doing, this is just free marketing.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Man, gently caress that Hitch in particular.
There is no difference in content between him and Ed Gamble.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 19, 2023

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Skios posted:

Gary Markstein

Kellies Nomination: Worst Label

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Oh look, some robots. Legaly distinct robots.

No seriously, are these supposed to be something?

Skios posted:

Steve Breen

Hot-dog Man sure has a weird map of the world in his woodland hideout.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh that Woke Brands one is like a parody of itself, so glad I got to see it.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

I am not even surprised, I just laugh.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

WTF the art on this one

Like, this makes Rall look competent and thoughtful in his designs

How much of this is traced? And traced badly, christ, the lines on the hedgerow are terrible and then it's clearly copied and flipped from one side to the other, liz truss' eyes are misaligned and it doesn't even look like her

loving hell that hotel in the background with clip art windows and gently caress one of the columns is overlapping on the top and holy poo poo it is literally outlines in ms paint lines that don't fully connect and then the bottom piece is just clearly traced badly again and it's just incredibly jarring and off to have clean crisp lines on the same level as big sharpie doodles

This is... this is some nephew of an editor, isn't it? Like no way in hell does this person have any sort of background or training in any art whatsoever

It looks kinda like one of Goat on A Stick videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TP6kER1MAw

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hm, for some reason over the weekend I've only been able to view poltioons on the phone app as they wont load on either od my PCs. Did the imgur-calypse change something im the embed linking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Which would explain why I got it on my private PC (no VPN), as well as my work laptop (full on VPN)... but I could see the images on my phone in the same Wifi network :psyduck: ? What is this nightmare setup Imgur is doing?

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon: Why not put a bet on your morning commute? It's the Workday Megabet!

The most unrealistic thing is that any bus service would have such detailed info on their bus arrival/status at any stop, and I say that as someone living in a city with working public transit.