Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

on point 3. hmm i think so? i'd have to check votefinder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lol wtf, good game. We did it.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

shwinnebego posted:

@MSRR i declare your meta read on me broken!

I will acquiesce, but I'm not making another hat. :colbert:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ha, I only voted for scum, feels good I guess

Thanks Ecco!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

honestly i have no clue how we managed to get chaoslord D1, i did not and still genuinely out-of-game don't get the case on him lol

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

snooze turned out to be chaotic good as gently caress this game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
thats every game where i roll village B)

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Snooze Cruise posted:

thats every game where i roll village B)

i don't know how you do what you do but you're pretty good at sniffing out scum when you're town

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

drat ecco you go hard on flavor writing

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

binus, you had me curious so i went back and looked.

out of 18 games across 2022, i was town aligned in 11 of them.

my non town games:

john cena - sunset canyon hoa - 3p alt serial killer - lost.

sombrero - the outfit 2 - i was scum and amazingly turboed d1 in just over 3 hours, and before i had even woken up and had the chance to post.

yami's - phasmophobia haunted house - that ghost hunting game, i was a ghost so scumlike i guess? we were in the minority and had out of thread comms - ghost / scum victory.

toalpaz - mystery village - scum - scum victory.

oppo - nft mafia - 3p, but didn't meet my wincon but i think i screwed town by taking a bunch of people with me. so arguably scummy lol.

john cena - HEAVY METAL - 3p bounty hunter and met my solo wincon.

oppo - CYOR mafia madness - 3p cult recruiter and met my solo wincon.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

more like gamblers flaccidity.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

shwinnebego posted:

honestly i have no clue how we managed to get chaoslord D1, i did not and still genuinely out-of-game don't get the case on him lol

It was really momentum more than anything. I honestly think if CirclMastr didn’t empty vote me I probably survived. Binus was right about a lot with me (although the just checking in thing was “right for wrong reason”) but his reason for voting me was asking someone else why they voted for someone. I constantly do that in every game I have played and asking someone to explain their vote has never been a scumtell. And then after that the only other vote on me was PMom’s, which the rest of the game saw how bad that vote was. If it was just those two votes I could have continued to point out how flimsy they were and life would have moved on.

But then circl came in and, without saying anything else, threw a vote on me.

If Circl hadn’t voted me, I don’t think Wind moves their vote to me. If wind doesn’t move their vote to me, I probably don’t rise to the next alternative. But once the game mind had decided it couldn’t be you or wind, with a deadline approaching it could only be me at that point. Kind of like an avalanche. It became the only viable option.

Oh also lol at a bunch of people starting to look at birdstrike as scum because he wouldn’t vote me. Birb was never going to vote for me, y’all.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

math wise that means 38% of my games I was non town. does that mean i'm overrepresented for non-town roles if on average most games aim for around 25% of players as scum + 3p on top of that?

i'm going to go with yes and not overthink it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

anyway back to ecco. tops game. had a lot of fun !

i think my last ecco game, pelicana drama, ended in a similar fashion?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I gambled big and I lost, so it goes!

This was a fun game, Ecco. I won't apologize again for the way I blew it up, as I think it was at least entertaining for it all to go this way instead of executing scum in order.

b-minus1 posted:

Im confused. Why did the scum team surrender

In order:
- D1 dunk on slord was very demoralizing.
- I was obviously getting turbo'd
- And if we somehow survived Traitor Moz knew the whole scumteam, because salad put together a list at Moz's request that outted all the scum anyway (lol)

We had in fact hellaciously screwed our wincon real bad. So it goes.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

hambeet posted:

anyway back to ecco. tops game. had a lot of fun !

i think my last ecco game, pelicana drama, ended in a similar fashion?

sort of! Hal had to shoot two people though to get rid of the threats to town after OA got lunched, vs. here where only scum ever got taken out before we received the graceful exit option. Least bodies required to end a game ever possibly (just Clord and Mona's)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yet another perfect town victory for the boy

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Moatillata posted:

Ecco- if I had invited anarc to my extended bachelor masonry would she have become a normal townie?

You both would have left the game and won a secret third-party "lover-aligned" victory.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ecco, I almost went ##abscond instead of self hammering at the end there, would you have recognized that?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Monathin posted:

I gambled big and I lost, so it goes!

This was a fun game, Ecco. I won't apologize again for the way I blew it up, as I think it was at least entertaining for it all to go this way instead of executing scum in order.

In order:
- D1 dunk on slord was very demoralizing.
- I was obviously getting turbo'd
- And if we somehow survived Traitor Moz knew the whole scumteam, because salad put together a list at Moz's request that outted all the scum anyway (lol)

We had in fact hellaciously screwed our wincon real bad. So it goes.

i'll confess, i deliberately nexused last night hoping to demoralise scum further after the d1 dunk.

here's my PM to ecco:

quote:

hambeet wrote on Jan 24, 2023 18:03:
Wow the pressure.

Do I use it now to further demoralise scum and prevent deaths for night 1…

OR

save it for n2 or n3 where it might have greater impact, but risk dying before hand and not using it.

quote:

hambeet wrote on Jan 24, 2023 18:33:
Tempted to YOLO this bad boy.

Alright I'm YOLOing

Thread wont know how many shots I have left.

Please can I use my NEXUS tonight? Locked-in, confirmed, make it so.

Thank you.

they politely ignored me, possibly because I have my signature enabled in PMs which i always forget about. It's probably about 7 years old? here it is for all of you to enjoy:

XyloJW posted:

hambeet is basically a giant anus.
^ art

Matthew Beet posted:

i'm a loving idiot.
^ art

The Narrator posted:

beet was right.

^ art

This post brought to you by a tremendous artist

https://fat.gfycat.com/ImpoliteSinfulBuzzard.webm

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I was just a regular scum btw

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

they politely ignored me, possibly because I have my signature enabled in PMs which i always forget about. It's probably about 7 years old? here it is for all of you to enjoy:

:laffo:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

welp.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That sucks.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

when i'm scum i like to think of my job as not just trying to win the game but also almost as being a co-GM, where in i also want to create a fun experience for town (never by contravening my wincon, but just by giving them something to run after)

in that light, i can see why scum surrendered from a "huh this isn't looking good for us" perspective, but i think as scum i'da wanted to give town the runaround a bit anyway :grin:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

chaoslord posted:

Ecco, I almost went ##abscond instead of self hammering at the end there, would you have recognized that?

Of course, with the normal conditions applying.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

chaoslord posted:

Oh also lol at a bunch of people starting to look at birdstrike as scum because he wouldn’t vote me. Birb was never going to vote for me, y’all.

I did have a plan to hammer vote you but it needed people to be on the fence more, and I would have posted bizarro Quinn saying “I’m helping! I’m helping!”

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
Took a nap after work and woke up to an ended game. Ah well, it was lots of fun.

Loved being scumcalled by binus yet again and still knowing he was the best option to protect N1. One day binus, you won't think I'm scum. One day.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
think I might do auspol Mario 3 soon

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

EccoRaven posted:

You both would have left the game and won a secret third-party "lover-aligned" victory.

Well drat. I had myself convinced she was a 3P with a find and kill me wincon

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Moatillata posted:

Well drat. I had myself convinced she was a 3P with a find and kill me wincon

you were right to think so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzY3EaJTuJk

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Glad to know I was wrong about everything and everyone, lol.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

birdstrike posted:

think I might do auspol Mario 3 soon

Let’s co mod Super Mario: Pat benatar is in another castle mafia!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SporkChan posted:

Took a nap after work and woke up to an ended game. Ah well, it was lots of fun.

Loved being scumcalled by binus yet again and still knowing he was the best option to protect N1. One day binus, you won't think I'm scum. One day.

Hi. I’m starting a support group for players binus never calls town or always maligns as scum. We meet on Tuesday’s.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

chaoslord posted:

It was really momentum more than anything. I honestly think if CirclMastr didn’t empty vote me I probably survived. Binus was right about a lot with me (although the just checking in thing was “right for wrong reason”) but his reason for voting me was asking someone else why they voted for someone. I constantly do that in every game I have played and asking someone to explain their vote has never been a scumtell. And then after that the only other vote on me was PMom’s, which the rest of the game saw how bad that vote was. If it was just those two votes I could have continued to point out how flimsy they were and life would have moved on.

If Circl hadn’t voted me, I don’t think Wind moves their vote to me. If wind doesn’t move their vote to me, I probably don’t rise to the next alternative. But once the game mind had decided it couldn’t be you or wind, with a deadline approaching it could only be me at that point. Kind of like an avalanche. It became the only viable option.

Yay!

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
I didn't expect to wake up to see the end of the game, but gg everyone! Fun setup, although I feel bad that the scum team tried a gambit that didn't work.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

shwinnebego posted:

Same lol, I saw the flip and was very confused as to how that happened cause as clord put it, I just voted because there was momentum and I had talked myself out of voting any of the other options.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

chaoslord posted:

I was kind of in the middle there but for me I didn't really particularly think it was you, I just didn't think it was shwinn harder and windward was confirmed town to me

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Okay I read the scum PMs and I kinda get it why they self-destructed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Thanks for the game Ecco. We were extremely wrong about everything.