Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Weka posted:

Lol who did you piss off?

Also quoting for posterior-ity.

trumpthread poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Weka posted:

Lol who did you piss off?

Also quoting for posterior-ity.

Jabberlock posted:

looks like the docs accidentally removed your av

The trump thread dude or their friend I probed for posting a video of guys sliding into artic water while a boat watches and rows away. Sorry man! Maybe spend some more money?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

congratulations on not dying

did they put you in a cone?

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
Is there a continuity of government plan here? Who will be modding in your place while you're incapacitated.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I will answer all questions later but let it be known that it's illegal to be rude to me until the tomorrow at 4pm.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's 4pm tomorrow somewhere :madmax:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i say swears online posted:

story time! i've had two hernias

once was in 2005 when i tried to unsuccessfully join the army and they found it in the medical exam; i had no idea i had one before this. i was still on my parents' insurance and had an easy time during the surgery. they gave me a percoset right after and i felt great, then a few days of discomfort when it wore off. 9.5/10, would do again for fun

the second time i was cycling through mexico. in ciudad valles i tried to impress the cute hotel front desk girl by carrying my bike plus luggage upstairs to my room all at once, and i felt it happen. lots of pain, i limped along until i found a modern-ish hospital in veracruz on christmas eve. my doc was about 60, drove a motorcycle and looked like he was impersonating elvis in the early black leather years. it must've been a huge rip because my patch was the size of a saucer. i woke up and had a rubber tube sticking about six inches out of the front of my pelvis. they wheeled me out to a taxi about 48 hours after i entered and i swiped my credit card for $2500 from my wheelchair. went back to a room i rented and recovered there for a few days until i went back to have my drippy hose removed. the discharge was gross, but the scariest part is that i didn't expect the part inside of me to be that long, i had to have had a full foot inside me. took a bus to a beach, camped out for a couple weeks, then biked another thousand miles or w/e to honduras, where the pain got too uncomfortable that i flew home to recover more. 7/10 for the thrifty pricetag

awesome story. enjoyed reading!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ty bud

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Colonel Cancer posted:

It's 4pm tomorrow somewhere :madmax:

In 3.5 hours here. Looking forward to being first to be able to legally be rude to NHD, you can PM me any rude messages for him.
Take it easy bro.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Avatar returned and better than ever! Thanks to whoever for buying it for me!

Anyway now I'm plating Rogue Legacy 2 and watching ASL (starcraft 1 Korean tournament with two decent american casters)

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Weka posted:

In 3.5 hours here. Looking forward to being first to be able to legally be rude to NHD, you can PM me any rude messages for him.
Take it easy bro.

!!!!! >:[

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Anyway now I'm plating Rogue Legacy 2 and watching ASL (starcraft 1 Korean tournament with two decent american casters)

did you happen to see what brand of Midazolam they gave you? i'm just curious if it came from the plant I work at

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

did you happen to see what brand of Midazolam they gave you? i'm just curious if it came from the plant I work at

I did not! They just rammed it through the IV while I was talking to my dad in pre op. It's good stuff!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
just remembered ama means agaisnt medical advice

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I did not! They just rammed it through the IV while I was talking to my dad in pre op. It's good stuff!

Dilaudid will make you not care about the hole in your chest, but Versed makes it impossible to be anxious about anything at all. A+ would destroy life to obtain.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dilaudid rules, it's nice to forget that you're dying at the moment

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

dilaudid rules, it's nice to forget that you're dying at the moment

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Optimal sc viewing experience

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

KirbyKhan posted:

Optimal sc viewing experience

Shuttle is loving ANNIHLATING Barracks lol

Edit: nvm shuttle missed a ton of marines with his reaver by like half a second of scouting

De: Barracks missed like two volleys up a holl on dragoons in a row

NeatHeteroDude has issued a correction as of 21:23 on Jan 24, 2023

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Hilariously not even using reaver drops

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i watch artosis stream sometimes. what's the channel to watch this stuff live?

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I'm watching the VODs for asl s13 on AfreecaTV Esports. The sc1 casting isn't live anymore, but you can keep up with and watch live sc2 on afreecas channel, but they do matches South Korean time so I miss most of them

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I remember watching tasteless and Day9. Back when SC2 was in the new Wings of Liberty era. I think Day9 became a variety streamer and Tasteless became a family man in a Dances With Wolves kinda way.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i know day9 more from dota, he was a really talented caster but i haven't watched poo poo in years

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

day9 popularized the unbeatable strategy of "just go loving kill them"

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

KirbyKhan posted:

I remember watching tasteless and Day9. Back when SC2 was in the new Wings of Liberty era. I think Day9 became a variety streamer and Tasteless became a family man in a Dances With Wolves kinda way.

Day9 is pretty talented. You might like how the meta has developed since then!

i know day9 more from dota, he was a really talented caster but i haven't watched poo poo in years

I think there's a lot of talented casters besides tasteless and artosis who focus on different mechnical/strategic stuff, but I really like how they talk about the game in a way that makes sense even though I never played at a high level

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

for actual speaking off-the-cuff ability i always liked siractionslacks

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

I watched a bunch of Day9 a year or two back when I was trying to get into Magic Arena. His streams were always the most entertaining of any Magic streamer I found.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Does your uniquely muscular physiology complicate the surgery?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

shine on NHD

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

what was in your drug cocktail? my doc told me I got fentanyl, propofol, and ketamine when I had surgery

made me barf immediately in recovery, dunno how people do that poo poo for fun lol

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My dad is going to get a surgery for some sort of tear in his diaphram sometime in the near future (that has apparently been loving up his left lung and causing him to be short of breath constantly). He's waiting to hear if they'll be able to do it laparoscopically, which is hopefully the case because the alternative is an open chest thing which you definitely don't want to be having as an old man.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Ytlaya posted:

My dad is going to get a surgery for some sort of tear in his diaphram sometime in the near future (that has apparently been loving up his left lung and causing him to be short of breath constantly). He's waiting to hear if they'll be able to do it laparoscopically, which is hopefully the case because the alternative is an open chest thing which you definitely don't want to be having as an old man.

Ytlayascopic surgery is when they go in through the butt

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Crusty Nutsack posted:

what was in your drug cocktail? my doc told me I got fentanyl, propofol, and ketamine when I had surgery

made me barf immediately in recovery, dunno how people do that poo poo for fun lol

lots of fentanyl, propofol, versed, and anything else I don't remember. I felt awesome upon waking up and sang the lyrics from the Beauty and the Beast song "Gaston" while I talked about working with kids

mawarannahr posted:

shine on NHD

:agreed:

Platystemon posted:

Does your uniquely muscular physiology complicate the surgery?

it did not! I think it just adds more tissue to cut through

Ytlaya posted:

oh yeah, open anything adds like an additional two weeks of inflammation and shock to the body (which hates to be cut open like that!)

Azathoth posted:

I watched a bunch of Day9 a year or two back when I was trying to get into Magic Arena. His streams were always the most entertaining of any Magic streamer I found.

i might check that out. I think Day9 is related to another famous caster?

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

also we're back to no pain medication so prepare for me to become far less whimsical in the coming weeks

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Hey surgery buddy! Got an inguinal hernia repair two weeks ago myself. Probably got it by squatting or deadlifting. Procedure was a piece of cake, most annoying part was having a hard time pissing due to the anesthetic afterwards.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
it’s most certainly from being fat

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

fat Albert got a hernia so did them buildings

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QYE7ladXAKU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

It's true... I was too fat for my abdominal wall....