Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

basket

crystalline beings are usually slower, more rational thinkers... unless their structural fragility is echo'd by their response triggers...
i kinda get byob doesn't make jokes and then describe said joke and why the joke is funny in serious psychoanalysis style as a general rule, like i kinda have been in most of my posts so far, so i am asking that you either deceptively or honestly help me get a bit better at condensing my posts (i'd rather post mostly less stuff with a few ideas in it, long type posts are cool but seems they would take a whole lot more effort) and in return i'll tell you this; the first clause in this overly long sentence only had one sarcastic joke that i meant to put there and two different ways in which you could get the other non-sarcastic one.

here's my attempts to condense all that;

i dont get jokes they take too long

setence structure is boring as history class (this one kinda lame imo history is cool subject [no pun intended])

counting on one beak makes u good at tricking and being tricked and magpies would probably trade the world for a ring they could trade the world back for and make themselves look good [but with the ring or the trades??] (this one had nothing to do with this post or thread at all i like thinking about animal psychology sometimes)

this joke was already made quite generally but to be more specific, haha... sorry i'll be more chill.

obviously still need a lot of guidance with this.

non-ironic thank you for posting if you do so.

e; im not a parachute account thats not what magpies was about, i used to have an account by name of tradjik that can be permabanned if thats the rule cos im not logging in with it again. cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

for real i just post whatever feels good :) sometimes it isn't successful but sometimes it is

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Shifty Nipples

basket posted:

i kinda get byob doesn't make jokes and then describe said joke and why the joke is funny in serious psychoanalysis style as a general rule, like i kinda have been in most of my posts so far, so i am asking that you either deceptively or honestly help me get a bit better at condensing my posts (i'd rather post mostly less stuff with a few ideas in it, long type posts are cool but seems they would take a whole lot more effort) and in return i'll tell you this; the first clause in this overly long sentence only had one sarcastic joke that i meant to put there and two different ways in which you could get the other non-sarcastic one.

setence structure is boring as history class (this one kinda lame imo history is cool subject [no pun intended])

counting on one beak makes u good at tricking and being tricked and magpies would probably trade the world for a ring they could trade the world back for and make themselves look good [but with the ring or the trades??] (this one had nothing to do with this post or thread at all i like thinking about animal psychology sometimes)

this joke was already made quite generally but to be more specific, haha... sorry i'll be more chill.

e; im not a parachute account thats not what magpies was about, i used to have an account by name of tradjik that can be permabanned if thats the rule cos im not logging in with it again. cheers.

There is nothing at all wrong with long posts in fact that can be great. the thing I'm having trouble with is the coherence, like it could totally be the weed I smoke and the adhd I have but I'm having trouble parsing what is going on in your post there. Don't let that stop you though I mean practice is a good thing and at least here in byob it is unlikely that someone will be mean to you.

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
if u only phone post like me it's a pain in the rear end to type so u end up keeping it succinct out of sheer laziness

it's worth a shot OP

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Areola Grande posted:

if u only phone post like me it's a pain in the rear end to type so u end up keeping it succinct out of sheer laziness

it's worth a shot OP

Same

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Areola Grande

a very succinct post. I understood it at first sight :golfclap:

Finger Prince

basket posted:

Areola Grande

quite a read :goofy:

Quadramind

Oh, I see your problem.

It's actually pronounced shentence shructure.

basket

crystalline beings are usually slower, more rational thinkers... unless their structural fragility is echo'd by their response triggers...

Shifty Nipples posted:

There is nothing at all wrong with long posts in fact that can be great. the thing I'm having trouble with is the coherence, like it could totally be the weed I smoke and the adhd I have but I'm having trouble parsing what is going on in your post there. Don't let that stop you though I mean practice is a good thing and at least here in byob it is unlikely that someone will be mean to you.

i have mostly been an overthinker, but manage it better now than i have, which i note only to explain that i don't try to make my posts seem more or less complicated on purpose or 'hide' jokes or information (gently caress that gaslighting).

it may have seemed like such due to me trying to point out i said 'general' in that instance to mean that my explanations might fit better in GBS or at least be seen as such. basically i was anticipating people telling me to get back to GBS via possible overthinking of how my posts might seem to some.

also i wanted to say i kinda 'get' byob even tho i don't,

basket

Areola Grande posted:

it's worth a shot OP

thanks i will download the app that barely functions properly i mean awful app

basket

that way you didn't change my post makes it seem like my post was quite bad

:(

Areola Grande

basket posted:

thanks i will download the app that barely functions properly i mean awful app

It's all I use unless I need to make a thread :smugdroid:

biosterous

basket posted:

also i wanted to say i kinda 'get' byob even tho i don't,

i honestly and sincerely think that there is nothing to "get" about byob. it's people posting jokes and being kind, that's it, hooray

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

also hi and welcome back, i was wondering the other day how you were doing, i hope things are going well and if they're not then i hope they improve soon

gallery of sigs

he/him

Shifty Nipples

biosterous posted:

i honestly and sincerely think that there is nothing to "get" about byob. it's people posting jokes and being kind, that's it, hooray

and being chill don't forget about the chill

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

biosterous

also personally i don't explain any part of my jokes*, because if people don't get them, oh well whatever. it's not like doing it in person, where a joke falling flat can make the conversation feel weird, instead the worst case scenario is: i made a post

*caveat: except when i feel like it, or think it will be funny

gallery of sigs

he/him

Areola Grande

explaining a joke is like putting a turd back in you are butt. everybody loses

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

sometimes I'll post something that looks like a joke but isn't actually one

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Areola Grande

biosterous posted:

this is true. there's no trick this isn't high school

Finger Prince

your friend sk posted:

sometimes I'll post something that looks like a joke but isn't actually one

Worse is posting that looks like a not joke but actually is one *sad trombone*

Ass-penny

basket posted:

that way you didn't change my post makes it seem like my post was quite bad

:(

actually in byob culture the empty quote is a sign of respect and endearment.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

you can post all the words you want, just click the submit post button more often and the posts will be shorter.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

also I can't recommend explaining jokes, unless you are forums user joke_explainer

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

also I can't recommend explaining jokes, unless you are forums user joke_explainer

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

rear end-penny posted:

joke_explainer posted:

im permabanned poster joke_explainer. i first started reading byob when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "lol" and "butts" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of byob humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" byob to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to enjoying cheese and pictures of kittens. peace.

basket

rear end-penny posted:

actually in byob culture the empty quote is a sign of respect and endearment.

even as a child, when i had made something that i was initially proud of, then had put a perfectionists eye to and dismissed as something that wasn't so good, i was always assuming that any praise i received was sarcastic in nature... i could probably feel that they thought it wasn't that great to some extent, but didn't realise they were being sincerely nice regardless. so... thanks. :)

basket

rear end-penny posted:

you can post all the words you want, just click the submit post button more often and the posts will be shorter.

treasure bear

ok

basket

the post i am making this edit over was objectively worse than the one im quoting

basket fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jan 23, 2023

basket

biosterous posted:

mostly meant the jokes themselves and maybe the interactions

Dumb Sex-Parrot

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Goons Are Gifts

I dunno im terrible at jokes at posts but usually I just mention the word butt or fart and everyone just empty quotes me for two pages and almost suffocates of laughter, no idea why honestly

wait I'll demonstrate

Goons Are Gifts

butt fart

nut

I’ve never posted a joke

Shadow0

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grinches are Glowing posted:

word butt or fart laughter

Manifisto

nut posted:

I’ve never posted a joke

dsyp

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
it's cool to explain a joke if you can use the explanation as a vehicle for another joke. we call this a "kicker" in the inner circle of byob eliteposters there is no inner circle of byob eliteposters

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
a very powerful technique to convert a lengthy post to a succinct one, that i use all the time, is to write a long post, then delete it and write "fartz lol" instead, then press the post button

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quadramind

:justpost::chillout: