Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay so Hal withheld kill to dodge you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

At least that's my theory

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Plastic, who did you BP'd today

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Okay so Hal withheld kill to dodge you.

Why are you so sure it can’t be Spork? I assume he would be your second choice?

I think we should NL, then have TM block me again while I do nothing. I think meen won’t let scum withhold forever so the scum should be forced to try and make a kill at some point. TM can’t lie and say I tried to do the kill because he’d have to prove it by shooting someone during the day.

It’s not thrilling but if the alternative is killing me and town losing I’d prefer the boring method.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
Last night I guarded Plastic (as I've done this whole game) and I assume he guarded me as I got a BP last night.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Hal is my No1 choice for scummiest and I'd rather vote him off. But I have to admit that TMor is a possibility and we could lose if we lunch Hal. Plastic I suppose too, but I really really don't think so.

I don't like following the suggestion of the scum, but Hal does make a decent point.

Scum seem to be pretty well boxed in between a roleblock and multiple BP's. They withheld the kill last night it seems, there's nothing to make me think they wouldn't keep holstering.

I would be willing to no lunch today and see what happens.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I have no gameplay reasons to refuse the idea, but it does seem really boring

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

We should absolutely keep nolunching and force Meen to keep tallying up the BPs day after day

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Awwww I missed you bif

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Insandenza posted:

Awwww I missed you bif

And force me to stick around and shitpost!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I mean honestly, I think we could just lunch Hal now, as everyone else in the game has bulletproof so even if it is Spork, they can't kill anyone.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

This could be like the Oregon Trail game where I was Revolver Anidav, and pushed for the pacifist ending so we could transcend town/scum rivalry to focus on the true enemy, LJ Hooker

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

##vote: Hal

Let's just try and end this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Aw but I wanna stick it to Meen

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

ugggh what the gently caress is making that racket? Huh? The game is?

FATAL EXCEPTION WARNING: GAME NOT DESIGNED TO ACCOMMODATE "FRIENDSHIP" ENDING. IF TOWN AND SCUM SUCCESSIVELY WITHHOLD/FAIL TO ENACT ANY AND ALL EFFORTS TO ELIMINATE OTHER PLAYERS IN THAT ORDER, PROGRAM WILL SELF-TERMINATE WITH "POTENTIALLY RANDOM" WIN DETERMINATIONS. CLICK "OK" BELOW TO CONFIRM RECEIPT/HEARING OF WARNING

fuckin' hell alright *clicks OK and goes back to sleep*

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 14, 2023

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
lmao

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I mean honestly, I think we could just lunch Hal now, as everyone else in the game has bulletproof so even if it is Spork, they can't kill anyone.

So you are BP?

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

So if we no lunch, and scum holster the kill again game ends? And... someone wins, maybe? That's what I got from the mod message.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
honestly im okay with voting hal. i think that at least tomorrow would be an interesting day if hal isnt scum

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Didn't you say scum that you had BP'd binus on night 2? And he died anyway? I'm pretty sure scum can get thru the BP. After all, why else would they have left you alive so long?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If you want to lunch me at least I won’t be responsible for losing the game, so I guess go for it!

Other than being wrong on Illu though I’m not sure why I’m a better choice than Spork (who also didn’t vote Illu before yesterday)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
okay
##vote Hal

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

##vote Hal

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: "For twelve years you have been asking, who is Hal Insandenza? This is--" gunshots

Votecount for Day 5

Hal Insandenza (3): PlasticAutomaton, Tired Moritz, SporkChan

Not Voting (1): Hal Insandenza

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 15th, 2023 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hal has been eliminated! He was a TOWN-ALIGNED Scotchgard!

Hal's role PM posted:

Congratulations! You are TOWN-ALIGNED! You win if all threats to town are eliminated.
You are a scotchgard! You will prevent any deadly stains on a player of your choice at the cost of your life! ...unless they don't have any (i.e. when your power is resolved there aren't any killing actions resolving on your target), then you'll regrettably gard them to death yourself.
D5 is over! N5 is upon us! 24 hours for actions!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Nobody died N5! D6 is OPEN! Deadline below as usual.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (3): PlasticAutomaton, SporkChan, Tired Moritz

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 16th, 2023 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 20 hours.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Tell me you have a bullet or something, TMor.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
no because this scum want to give me a headache

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Yeah that must be it.

Listen I'm not going to beat around the bush, Tired being scum doesn't make sense. Especially with the early call out and shot of bif.

But I'm even more certain of Plastic. So Tired is the only other option.

##vote Tired

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

And Plastic, if you are scum? Fantastic game and you've earned the win.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
eh, we're doing this I guess
##vote Spork

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

##vote: Spork

yolo

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: SporkChan has been hammered! Sure would be a shame if their flip were janitored, wouldn't it?

Votecount for Day 6

SporkChan (2): Tired Moritz, PlasticAutomaton
Tired Moritz (1): SporkChan

Not Voting (0):

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 16th, 2023 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

SporkChan has been eliminated! He was a SCUM-ALIGNED Dramatic Bodyguard!

SporkChan's role info posted:

Congratulations! You are SCUM-ALIGNED. You win when you have unassailable control of the vote, yadda yadda yadda. Your pals are kshhhhhhhhhhhhhhht
DRAMATIC BODYGUARD: Choose a target at night. If you happen to die by way of preventing their death, your target learns the names of everyone who visited both you and them at night.

TOWN WINS! Unseen flips coming in a bit.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
yay! I did nothing!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Unseen flips:

Plastic's role PM posted:

Congratulations! You are TOWN-ALIGNED! You win if all threats to town are eliminated.
You are an armory guard! You start with one shot of BP for yourself, and in addition to bodyguarding your target at night you will also provide them a shot of BP available for immediate nixing of one killing action. You cannot target yourself, though.

TM's role PM posted:

You are a shifty guard! In addition to bodyguarding your target at night, if you happen to notice that they're attempting to perform an action that might directly result in someone else's death, you will block their action (or one of them if more than one of their actions could register as a killing action under any circumstances) and receive one dayvig shot in the morning.

Scum got two general boons: a bag of tricks and the ability to choose their role [between dramatic BG, lunchguard, and hostage-taker]; the bag of tricks below:

quote:

1x permanent stump for the first scum who would otherwise be eliminated via the other players [modkill is exempt, do not tempt my wrath] (you will not have a vote or be able to perform night actions, but your role PM will NOT flip and you will still be able to post AND chat here + any other masonries you have; unfortunately yes, if the other two get eliminated you'll lose)
1x bulletproof the first time a killing action would resolve on any of you, this will protect you instead
1x juggernaut modifier for your NK (bypasses any and all protections, still counts as one killing action)
1x guided modifier for your NK (bypasses any form of redirection or roleblock, counts as one killing action as above)
1x explosive modifier for your NK (counts as two killing actions, the first is distributed to whomever the NK resolves on, and the second is distributed to whomever they were targeting) [note, if they are able to target more than one player, it will be their first target that receives the second killing action]

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Had a great time trying, and clearly failing, to Wormtougue Plastic.

Thanks for the game Iggy, fun setup!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tough gig spork! Good work giving it a crack.