Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

Hello BYOB! To break the winter doldrums, we are putting together a BYOB version of Taskmaster! If you are unfamiliar, this is a UK game show (with spinoffs elsewhere) in which contestants vie with one another to complete fairly ridiculous tasks, to be scored in a very arbitrary and unfair manner by the judges. Episodes are available on YouTube (in some regions, YMMV) if you are curious to see what it's about, it's generally a raucous affair and a good time.

EDIT - we are still taking task suggestions, but this thread is going to be expanded into announcements and chat! Currently we are set to do this over several days at the end of February, specific dates TBD. we have some special guest judges lined up, and some prizes too!

---

Although the specifics are still being worked out, we continue to welcome your ideas for tasks! We can't promise to use any particular suggestions and will probably tweak the ones we do use, but you are a creative lot even if a bit, uh, different (no it's a compliment really).

Our basic criteria for tasks are, they should not require the spending of money to participate (in other words, people should be able to work with what they have on hand), they should not require an extended period to complete, and nobody should be required to show themselves (especially their faces) on photo or video or otherwise doxx themselves. Beyond that, have at it! Please list out any physical objects that are REQUIRED to complete the task, which will hopefully be not many and will be very common household objects.

PLEASE DO NOT POST SUGGESTIONS IN THIS THREAD, we do not want people to have advance warning! Submit your suggestions PRIVATELY to me, Manifisto. Send suggestions by PM, by emails (manyfisted at gmail), and/or by discord direct message. If you have multiple suggestions, consider grouping them together instead of sending them one by one.

We will be taking suggestions until at least this Sunday, Feb. 12. Non-constructive suggestions will be apparently ignored but secretly held against you and marked on the permanent dossier we keep for each and every poster.

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

find the goose

(i'm brainstorming!)

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

nut

which I just assumed this thread was lockedd

nut

Whoah not which sorry it’s a regular Mia autocorrect I get

nut

sorry I tried to write misaitocorrecr wait misautocorrect sorry I was never taught how to backspace e

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

put the cat in the hammock fastest wins

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

deep dish peat moss

Task: Submit a task to BYOB Taskmaster.

Manifisto

no the thread is not closed, if people want to talk about the event or I dunno taskmaster in general please feel free! but if you have actual specific suggestions, as the op says, please pm them to me or otherwise keep it to private channels. the tasks are more fun if they're a surprise!

e:

deep dish peat moss posted:

Task: Submit a task to BYOB Taskmaster.

this orb gets it

ty nesamdoom!

Finger Prince

Alex Horne put a taskmaster book out that people could use to play at home

nut

first task find a way to make mani close this thread

Manifisto

nut posted:

I'll close your thread!!!!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Finger Prince posted:

do you mean little alex horne?

e: jeez amazon can't even deliver it until feb. 14 at the earliest, nice going, taskailures

ty nesamdoom!

Twenty Four

nut posted:

I just heard "this is why we can't have nice things!" in my head, but I laughed :) Imagining Mani just shaking his head at his monitor like we are a bunch of disappointing children.

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Finger Prince posted:

I've got the board game! is good

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

nut

make me money

Manifisto

nut posted:

make me money

*poof* you're money

baby you are so money and you don't even know it

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

note: we may or may not be lining up special guest judges, this may or may not be v exciting

ty nesamdoom!

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

is it Jeremy Wells?

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Manifisto

as per the OP, this thread is being expanded to announcements and chat about the upcoming taskmaster. at the moment, we are targeting several days around the end of February because this works for the availability of our special guest judges! keep submitting those tasks, we've got some good ones!

ty nesamdoom!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I'm very excited about Masktaster.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Manifisto posted:

note: we may or may not be lining up special guest judges, this may or may not be v exciting

Charles Nelson Reilly!?!?

Finger Prince

Omfg I'm watching taskmaster and trying to resolve a tiny audio sync issue and put it to 0.5% speed... :lmao:
Everyone is loving traaaaaashed!

Manifisto

bump! we're getting close to announcing firm dates! :woop:

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It's me, Little Alex Horne

Manifisto

We have official dates for BYOB Taskmaster! It will run Feb. 22-26 (Wed through Sunday in North America).

More details will be forthcoming! But as a preview, we will not require any signups to participate. However, there may be some secret tasks which only people who have let me know in advance that they would like notifications by dm and/or email will learn about before the task is over! Details about the optional signup to follow.

ty nesamdoom!

Quadramind

I am heavily invested

Manifisto

I have posted a signup thread for people who want to sign up to receive taskmaster-related notifications. don't worry, you do not need to sign up to play BYOB Taskmaster! however, only people who are signed up will get notified of secret tasks (if any). so if that sounds like something you might want, I recommend you sign up, why not it's free!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

behold! this is what you will be competing for!

as well as bragging rights, also there will be forums based awards for the TOP THREE slots, and some other prizes TBA for participants and winner alike!

also, if I said there were gang tags community badges at stake . . . well I wouldn't be lying!

don't hesitate to sign up, there is no obligation implied! if you don't sign up however, you won't get alerted to any SECRET TASKS, and that might put you at a disadvantage for winning that magnificent trophy up there!

ty nesamdoom!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
:stare:

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

There's ultra secret prizes for the ultra secret tasks for those who sign up for PMs and I'm holding some of them right now.

I'll let you decide which category "some of them" is referring to here.

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

And now for a man who once told me over a few drinks that he doesn't think women should be able to vote, it's LITTLE ALEX HORRRRRNE

Thank you Saoshyant for the lovely signature.

Goons Are Gifts

hello masters of tasks I'll be part of this too so beware

Manifisto

Goatse and Gallant posted:

hello masters of tasks I'll be part of this too so beware

and did I mention there will be SPECIAL GUEST JUDGES? because there will, more than one of 'em!

ty nesamdoom!

Goons Are Gifts

You won't believe what kind of celebrities the byob agency managed to book for this

Goons Are Gifts

If you wondered why the Oscar's this year were rather slim of big celebrity names, it's because of us, they chose us over some mid level college award

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Goatse and Gallant posted:

If you wondered why the Oscar's this year were rather slim of big celebrity names, it's because of us, they chose us over some mid level college award

can't believe we got billy crystal

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

your friend sk posted:

can't believe we got billy crystal

Billy Gristle

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Holland Oates posted:

Billy Gristle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Please see the official competition thread (currently stickied) for the latest!

ty nesamdoom!