Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm not readin' anything so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

OMGVBFLOL posted:

im a town aligned shapeshifter, using my day ability
##transmogrify self sandwolf

sorry folks, i should have checked the thread more often for the start. subbing me out was the right thing to do, i'll just be a no-spoilers observer

lmao drat now that he used my 1x shot I’m vt

(there are two other games doing signups right now!)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cloacamazing! posted:

You mean you can't transform? What kind of anime magical girl are you?

#transform into annoyed looking turtle

It's only one hashtag, so I'm not really faking a day action, right?

This person read Cube’s OP

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

thank you for the kind words friends <3

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

Ah maybe I should read something beyond the OP

Uh oh is Yami scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

A vote on salad does feel a bit opportunistic there

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Idk if scu mgreen wing makes that post

The Scum Cinematic Universe character, M’Green

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote binus

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Are you doing a generic “binus is so good” or are you telling me you’re reading binus as town this game? take a stance, hun

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Binus is town.

Cheers!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anyways, now that Hum’s put down his townread based on nothing, here’s the case on binus.

b-minus1 posted:

I’m working on it

Has anyone ever heard binus say this? Or does he just kind of release perfect scumread spores like a town fungi? Furthermore, we’re x days into the game (idk I wasn’t here at start and I’m not gonna go check) and binus has several town reads,

b-minus1 posted:

I’m putting plastic on my town list

b-minus1 posted:

Idk if scu mgreen wing makes that post

b-minus1 posted:

I’m getting some townie vibes from a few people

But the closest he comes to calling anyone scum is 1-2 “I don’t like this post” kinda statements.

I also, personally, know that scum!binus struggles like hell to fake case people. I’m seeing that here. Go look at the Plastic post listed above, he actually put effort into analyzing posts to come to.. Plas is town. What??? Town binus would just insist Plas is town and look for anyone who pushed counter to that.

Okay, thank you for your time.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

deadlink for me?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

shwinnebego posted:

oh drat i just went to "search the forums" and typed in: username:"b-minus1" "working on it"

you were right that he has said that, then.

it was just 2 years ago.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

shwinnebego posted:

again my historical record of reading binus is very bad so i can appreciate that people don't wanna listen to me

but

i really think binus is town in this game

I feel pretty confident this isn't town!Binus, something is off there. you're free to disagree but something is off with him. imo it's easiest to just presume he's scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MockingQuantum posted:

I'm also not a fan of the "this player is good so the safest strategic play is to assume they're scum" reasoning in general, I pray that I'm never good enough at this game to have people wanting to vote me out d1 on principle

no one said this

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MockingQuantum posted:

I don't know if it's because he's a good player and that's scary or whatever but it does kind of weird me out just how much of d1 discussion centers around binus in the games I've played with him, how do you even play against that regardless of what team you're on

if you think that's bad, shift discussion to something you think is scummy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MockingQuantum posted:

I mean I effectively did, I think the votes on binus because his posting is in some way scummy despite looking like every recent game I've seen him in, is suspicious

You do remember he was scum for a bunch of those games, yes?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MockingQuantum posted:

ah my mistake, that's how I read " imo it's easiest to just presume he's scum", my apologies for misunderstanding

Presume he’s scum, rather than bothering with if he’s 3P or town with an ortho-win-con explaining his weirdness. I am not defaulting to binus being scum, evidenced by the fact that I wrote a loving case.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sorry I usually swear for emphasis but I know it comes off as really hostile, I apologize if it came across that way.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maugrim posted:

I won't be voting binus even though he's tunnelling me, consider it penance for accidentally shooting him N1 in my last (first) game

He was scum so I'm not THAT sorry about it, but I was aiming at toal

what the hell

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Green Wing posted:

oh did he die N1 in pinball? I must be misremembering how long he lasted there.

Eesh I was checked out in that game.

I was also *scum with him that game* and *kept telling him he wasn’t making enough scumreads* and that his scumtell is *makes town reads the way he usually makes scumreads*

But no, ignore me, what do I know. I’ve only been playing with the guy for a decade.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Green Wing posted:

I'm not ignoring you, I said I would be voting for him today.

I’m talking to the newbies! lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

shwinnebego posted:

i feel i would like to demand something in return for voting for binus with sandwolf but what

I have nothing of value to give in this life or the next

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

I do find it interesting that plastic has basically done jack poo poo this game but jump on a bandwagon and defend b- on flimsy reasoning so far.

imo Hum’s steadfast commitment to b- being town without a single solitary reason for it, as well as trying to lightly call me scum without voting me or actually saying it, is what pings me second most

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapitalistPig posted:

I think that people should really look at those who voted salad.

Shwinn specifically has reacted very strangely to things.

Do you have anything to say about current events?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Am I really gonna get mislunched again smh

Bro you’re doing it again, who is the scum? Who is scum? Point us to them

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

shwinnebego posted:

imagine playing mafia with binus for 10 years and still thinking that engaging him in normal conversation in which you ask a question and he answers it is a remotely plausible option lmao

I guess that’s a difference in personality? I’m more likely to be a dumb loving rear end in a top hat, I’m well aware

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

shwinnebego posted:

I was thinking I was a fatalistic judgmental determinist averse to the notion that people can grow and change. Apparently we share self loathing!

:hfive:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The amount of people coming in and very willfully misreading the case on binus makes me nigh-certain that binus is scum. Coupled with the fact that he still can’t point to anyone as scum with even a shred of conviction.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

This imo.

Plus I feel like a lot of attacks on the b- votes is happening here rather than actual scumhunting from some folks imo.

Just makes me want to vote B- even harder tbh.

Clo’s posts have felt a bit “maybe I can get in there and shift the narrative,” but I’ll reserve that judgement for after a flip.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Illusionis posted:

How is Sand null if Binus flips scum with this strong push on him. Kinda feels like you're not even considering the possibility that Binus will flip scum.

I’ve noted it, if binus flips town, that’s who I’m gonna look at next.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Green Wing posted:

Youre there with schinn because I think there has to be an early safety bus there by now. That's what I'd do. Thus falls down if he flips town. Plus you both give me vibes. Weakest reads there tbh.

I can see this too but again I’m going to reserve making calls off of binus until I see binus flip or see someone pushing binus flip scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

Same, but this EOD feels super fishy y'know?

Something certainly feels off but I can’t tell what it is. I have no reason to actually think this beyond paranoia but it feels like it could be town protecting a scum binus, or scum protecting a town binus or something weird like that.

Like, if I (and everyone else voting binus) is wrong, it’d be so easy for scum to sit here providing token opposition without shifting the vote. Feel like shwinne may have been guilty of this before switching his vote?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Humalong, Plastic, or Shwinne should be the kill today. Genuinely going to make scum regret not killing me, you fools.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

saladscooper posted:

hey sandwolf, apologies in advance

In advance..?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

:rolleyes:

Anyway CPig is a Youkai. ##vote cpig