Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is the op completely delusional
yep. tall guy bragging or hosed up worldview
no. 6'2" is average
goku
View Results

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Das Boo posted:

Anyone taller than you is tall. Anyone shorter than you is short.
God, you dorks are monkeying a problem that's already been solved!

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
I follow the cosine rule. If you gotta splay your legs more than 20 degrees to do doggy with Goku you are tall.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'll agree with op that 6'2 is not very tall in the context of basketball. Generally the shortest player on the court, the point guard, will be around that height and they look hilariously tiny next to all the giants.

But that's pro basketball, 6'2 is my height and many people never loving shut up about how tall I am. As a tall person you naturally generate tall privilege, you only realize how weird it is to look up at people instead of down when you run into someone way taller than you.

I happen to have a close friend group who are all pretty tall, between 5'11 and 6'4, and that can kinda skew your perception as well. Seems like you need to take a scientific approach here.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

the real question is what kind of tall is least freakish? tall legs, tall torso, or even tallness across both?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Play posted:

--6'2 is my height and many people never loving shut up about how tall I am--

This reminded me of a time I went to the post office a while back. Some middle aged lady turned around in line, looked up at me and just started rambling about how tall I was. Something about how I'd be great friends with her son because he was also tall, was suuuuper weird.

E: either she was interested, or wingmanning her son.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Yeah anyone claiming to be tall and you’re under 6’4” you’re a liar.

-a 6’2” manlet

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Dick Fontaine posted:

the real question is what kind of tall is least freakish? tall legs, tall torso, or even tallness across both?

That's my dad. He's built like a tall man from the waist up but has the legs of someone short. He's also really heavily built. He stands around 5'10-11 but my 5'7 mother has longer legs. He's basically a silverback gorrila.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Valko posted:

That's my dad. He's built like a tall man from the waist up but has the legs of someone short. He's also really heavily built. He stands around 5'10-11 but my 5'7 mother has longer legs. He's basically a silverback gorrila.

Yeah I gots a long, long torso.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Guatemalan yeti tall.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
More of that body shaming poo poo, like stupid women saying guys have to be over 6 feet

Smh

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Seems like a stretch

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

what is the point of having a body if not to be ashamed of it?

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
You don't have to be short anymore. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AomPemsgjmg&ab_channel=VICEAsia

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
The ladies tell me it’s not how tall you are, it’s the girth that matters.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gpmYrGJpp0

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i had the gattaca bone surgery and now my shins make up 78% of my total height

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Buce posted:

i had the gattaca bone surgery and now my shins make up 78% of my total height
long read but its sounds awful lol

https://www.gq.com/story/leg-lengthening

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

have all these short people tried just living in the metaverse?

you can be any height you want in Horizon Worlds™️

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I remember I was on a ship once that got shipwrecked and where I was everyone was super tiny, and they considered me a literal giant, tall as a mountain. After a while chilling there I manged to build myself a boat and after some other stuff found myself ship wrecked again, and here every one was giant, and I was but small as a mouse to them, so chilled there a bit again, and again got my self a boat and again left off, ended on two more islands, but eh who cares about them.

Anyway none of that's important to this conversation, I just wanted to brag about all the awesome adventures I've been on. :smug:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

dr_rat posted:

I remember I was on a ship once that got shipwrecked and where I was everyone was super tiny, and they considered me a literal giant, tall as a mountain. After a while chilling there I manged to build myself a boat and after some other stuff found myself ship wrecked again, and here every one was giant, and I was but small as a mouse to them, so chilled there a bit again, and again got my self a boat and again left off, ended on two more islands, but eh who cares about them.

Anyway none of that's important to this conversation, I just wanted to brag about all the awesome adventures I've been on. :smug:

would love to see a thread of this goon’s travels

A Tad Ghostal
Dec 2, 2014

Depends on how you write the word, OP.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

the height surgery thing is super popular with the incel crowd apparently. I read a story about one incel dude who had the surgery and then immediately died of infection or something lol

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Once all the weird incels get limb lengthening surgery as soon as they are done all we tall people should get together and get it done too

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you gotta get your bones shortened

the reason is then you got a tall guy dick on a short guy body and it's lookin even better

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Spinz posted:

More of that body shaming poo poo, like stupid women saying guys have to be over 6 feet

Smh

Oh you’re back that’s wonderful :)

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
You dunderheads, OSHA set the standards for "Tall" ages ago with their minimum standards for head clearance within a stairwell:

So if you're 6-foot, 8-inches or taller, you are officially taller than what most standard facilities will accommodate for

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ChickenHeart posted:

You dunderheads, OSHA set the standards for "Tall" ages ago with their minimum standards for head clearance within a stairwell:

So if you're 6-foot, 8-inches or taller, you are officially taller than what most standard facilities will accommodate for

they should add a railing, that looks unsafe. osha should know better.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bad Purchase posted:

they should add a railing, that looks unsafe. osha should know better.

They literally coated the stairs in banana peels. They know exactly what they were doing. Only question remaining is why.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

dr_rat posted:

They literally coated the stairs in banana peels. They know exactly what they were doing. Only question remaining is why.

How else is OSHA gonna find out the standard head clearance without inflicting a few dozen skull fractures on some unaware interns, smart guy?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
6'2" is tall as poo poo, dummy. i'd be more worried that your heart can't get enough oxygen to brain for you to google what the average height is for a human being

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

hey guys what's considered large when it comes to penis size? i've always thought my girthy 11" throbbing and very vascular hog was average but my friend texted me asking if i wanted to join his sex league as they were looking for guys with big boabies and it got me thinking.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
I'm 6'3 OP and people who don't know my name usually just refer to me as the tall guy when talking about me in third person. Basically every guy I meet through work will at some point ask me about basketball as part of casual conversation, which is kind of funny because I'm p short by basketball standards and never really played myself as I'm a goon. I can't imagine being 1 inch shorter than me yields that different of results in your day to day life so I feel like you've probably experienced the same sort of thing if you're honestly 6'2" and not like tinder 6'2".

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I'm just under 6'4 and don't feel tall at all until I see group pics.

But dating 5'2 women can be interesting.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm 6'7" which apparently means I'm taller than 99.99% of adult males in Australia, which seems absurd to me.
I don't feel tall unless I'm in a crowd, and sometimes wonder why people are giving me and my 5'1" wife funny looks.
You're as tall as you feel, until you go clothes shopping

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
You mean in the NBA right? Everyone replying is short.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Cool, where at this point in the thread's lifecycle.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
well, lucky for you this isn't my final form

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Randarkman posted:

Cool, where at this point in the thread's lifecycle.

can't believe we've been brought so low

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

can't believe we've been brought so low

the thread had so much potential and it's been reduced to this...... how could this happen?