Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
if present results hold up, then the Twins will finally go back over .500 and finally go past the Red Sox for last place in the East

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

Cubs should bring back Hosmer and issue a public apology

:goofy:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I'm reading that there's a fair chance Trout is done for the season. lol, lmao, etc..

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
N: Andrew knizner got drilled in the balls so hard that he had to go to the ER. Reminiscent of when Jordan hicks blasted yadi in the nuts so hard that he had to have it removed (allegedly).

V: pretty symbolic of this season for the cards

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Tucker replaces Trout for the AS game

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Jays are starting Manoah on Friday.

Atkins and Shapiro are really dumb as poo poo holy gently caress.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Folks I am happy to report that the dumbest game of baseball that has been played in a long while is, at long last, over.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Great throws by Happ, but what the gently caress were they doing on those sends? So stupid. This division is trash.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Haha. Rossy just dropped so many expletives in the postgame presser that they were airing live on Marquee.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Now Rendon had to leave after fouling one off his tibia

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I don't like that superstars such as Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Nick Madrigal are all hurt :(

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Poque posted:

I don't like that superstars such as Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Nick Madrigal are all hurt :(

Three absolutely dynamite names there

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The Jays are starting Manoah on Friday.

Atkins and Shapiro are really dumb as poo poo holy gently caress.

After one atrocious FCL start and one good AA start? The move smacks of desperation to me. Apparently they think that the Blue Jays season is still salvageable, and are just hoping he's better. I guess we'll see, but so far the season has had a whole bunch of moments loudly proclaiming "they're back" only to shortly prove that they are not back.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

n: logan gilbert pitched a complete game shutout, first for the m's this year
v: cool

this is also cool
https://twitter.com/RyanDivish/status/1676382444683943937

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

After one atrocious FCL start and one good AA start? The move smacks of desperation to me. Apparently they think that the Blue Jays season is still salvageable, and are just hoping he's better. I guess we'll see, but so far the season has had a whole bunch of moments loudly proclaiming "they're back" only to shortly prove that they are not back.
I don't really understand why they are rushing him back

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Captain Log posted:

gently caress.

Trout's hamate bone fractured.

That's 100% it for his season then right?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
best case he's back just in time for them to miss the post-season. more realistic case, yes, he's done

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Intruder posted:

That's 100% it for his season then right?

I'm seeing 4-8 weeks, so it sounds like worst case scenario he'd still be back for September and a potential postseason run?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
it's Mike Trout. search your heart, you know the truth

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don't really understand why they are rushing him back

Because Atkins and Shapiro are loving idiots

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sydin posted:

a potential postseason run?

it's the Angels

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Just saw that Lane Thomas is top 5 in batting for the Nats. Another Cardinals asset that develops into a useful player away from the team

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

maffew buildings posted:

it's Mike Trout. search your heart, you know the truth

It's also the Angels so the worst possible thing will happen

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Intruder posted:

it's the Angels

lmao point:

https://twitter.com/Alden_Gonzalez/status/1676388746835681280

We really need :mets: but for the Angels.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Angels somehow make the WS but neither Trout or Ohtani are healthy enough to play a single game.

They still lose the series 0-4.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Man, Dustin May is out for the year. Every season we think we have too much pitching and then 80% of the rotation ends up getting hurt.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Ha-Seong Kim is ridiculous and the Padres are lucky as hell to have him. What a play to end the game. :eyepop:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Sydin posted:

Ha-Seong Kim is ridiculous and the Padres are lucky as hell to have him. What a play to end the game. :eyepop:

To think had Tatis Jr. not have gotten hurt and then suspended Ha-Seong Kim probably doesn't get the chance to prove himself and turn into possibly the best 2B in either league.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Mike Ford’s birthday was today & he had a single, HR, double, then another double. Announcers wondered if he’d try to stretch the last double to a triple but noted he might be out by 50ft.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Marlins scheduled Bark at the Park and post game fireworks on the same night because dogs love explosions

https://twitter.com/BecauseMiami/status/1676370834699571201

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Popete posted:

To think had Tatis Jr. not have gotten hurt and then suspended Ha-Seong Kim probably doesn't get the chance to prove himself and turn into possibly the best 2B in either league.

And still the best SS on the Padres.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I just found a full box of 36 unopened packs of 1990 Donruss cards and I could not be happier if you gave me a car

Edit: oh poo poo it's two boxes. 72 packs

mdemone fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 5, 2023

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Angels are completely absurd to me

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

mdemone posted:

I just found a full box of 36 unopened packs of 1990 Donruss cards and I could not be happier if you gave me a car

Edit: oh poo poo it's two boxes. 72 packs

young me is losing his drat mind

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Intruder posted:

young me is losing his drat mind

I'm gonna open one

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

mdemone posted:

I'm gonna open one

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4009527

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I didn’t even know trout had been hit when I made my last post.

This loving sucks. I will never, ever get over the fact that he’s likely going to end his career with a total of twelve postseason ABs and very few full seasons.

He should go in first ballot nonetheless.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMojok posted:

I didn’t even know trout had been hit when I made my last post.

This loving sucks. I will never, ever get over the fact that he’s likely going to end his career with a total of twelve postseason ABs and very few full seasons.

He should go in first ballot nonetheless.

He'd be first ballot if he retired today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Diamond Kings Bo Jackson #1, mint condition