Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JERICHO VS KOMANDER 0 0%
SAMMY AND DANNY VS CASSIDY AND DARBY 8 11.59%
MAX AND ADAM VS BRIAN AND BIG 24 34.78%
RUBY VS SKYE 1 1.45%
NICK VS SWERVE 36 52.17%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I am 100% invested in this MJF / Cole stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

DARBY WHY ARE YOU CONSTANTLY TAKING DUMB BUMPS?!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well that wasn't the finish or result I wanted.

E: lol give it up, Sammy. Your face turn isn't going anywhere.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh my god MJF air drumming during the boom pose.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hell yes, MJF hulking up because Big Bill dissed the T-shirt. Even Cole is looking righteously furious. This is the best dumbest poo poo ever.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Holy poo poo, if they ever turn MJF all the way face, he's gonna be a god drat monster. It's absolutely incredible how good he is at this stuff.

E: MJF's hesitant little smile when Cole set him up for the "we're better than you, bay-bee!"

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 13, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So the referee saw Toni Storm attacking Skye Blue, and instead of calling for a DQ, is just ejecting the two? AEW referees justifiably get a lot of poo poo for how dumb they act.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Holy poo poo, Bullet Club vs FTR 2/3 falls for the titles on next Collision?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

How does QTV manage to get worse and worse?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Looking at the live thread and Shard I want to hug and pet your cat, that is a very cute little furball.

enigmahfc posted:

"referee discretion"

also, AEW barely does DQs, and that is a good thing.

100% agreed, but they should stop booking dumbass spots where the ref not DQing someone is such a bizarre move that it makes them look like the world's biggest geeks, like that poo poo with Don Callis getting ejected at the pape and then just being allowed to come back out to openly interfere in the match a few minutes later. That could've been done in any number of better ways.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

He's a goblin I love him

High five, fellow goblin owner. Here's mine.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

HOLY poo poo THAT AVALANCHE POISON RANA AND THEN THE NECKBREAKER

E: that match was excellent. Great move to have Wayne debut against Swerve considering the guys have work well together.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

PAC IS BACK! AND HE'S GOT A CHAIR! THE BASTARD!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That was a good, fun Dynamite!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

No, she (usually) likes belly rubs. But sometimes she just wants to play with my soft hand.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

If I find a picture of one of my cats yawning I'll add it to the Cats Booing Callis collection.

BOOOO DON CALLIS BOOOOO!

Oh my god is that Kota Ibushi?!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Boo

E:

Shard I gotta say as a cat enjoyer, your cat is cute as a button.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

hotep botnet posted:

so don should be able to take a bump to end this saga, what are we thinking? i'd like to see an OWA off the top of the seating area balcony through some tables, make it happen boys

A second huge vertical gash on his head, next to the last one. Then eventually he can have a Switchblade logo on his head.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So let's pretend someone here hasn't seen Kota Ibushi wrestle and doesn't know what he's about. Obviously I know everything about him and I've memorized all his matches, but let's pretend it's some clown who hasn't seen any of it.

Would you explain the basics of Kota to that clown?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

yea ok posted:

insane athlete, also just insane. smooth movement, can do acrobatics with the best of them, and generally has no regard for his own safety. can also be as intense as anyone, really hard strikes and kicks. will gladly beat the poo poo out of anyone. was banned from sumo hall for years for doing a moonsault off the balcony after being told he would be banned from sumo hall for years if he did a moonsault off the balcony.

DLC Inc posted:

Imagine a jacked af guy who can do Last Rides and phoenix splashes with equal talent. Possibly one of the dumbest people in wrestling in the most charming way, he doesn't like fiction because he gets angry at books "lying to him" and got lost once for hours when he was just a block away from his hotel. He is the son of a wealthy family and could have done anything and he chose to light himself on fire while moonsaulting into bingo hall tables. He has exchanged every single brain cell for more wrestling prowess. He is, imo, the most pure wrestler imaginable because there is nothing else this man wants to do, or is capable of doing, and he's one of the greatest in the world at it.

lol that sounds great.

I mean obviously I already knew all that, but on behalf of this clown thank you.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

yea ok posted:

i'm sure Ibushi vs Nakamura from wk9 is on bilibili or something. just go watch it

OK that owned. Those guys worked STIFF.

What the hell kinda gimmick was Nakamura doing there though? Wrestling Michael Jackson?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That weird loving top rope leaping German Suplex was one of the craziest things I've ever seen.

E:

also genuine lol at this story

Like StarkRavingMad says:

StarkRavingMad posted:

I just love the progression from "I'm going to Chicago and nothing bad will happen this time" to instantly "I've lost everything I own"

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 13, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

:psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWjE5NiWpv0

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Yep, Nakamura often cites Michael Jackson as one of his main inspirations

Well he nailed it then!

e: I now love Kota Ibushi.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 13, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sisal Two-Step posted:

My favourite part about that story is that Ibushi tweeted through it without bothering to text Kenny, so Kenny's mentions get blown up by people telling him that Ibushi is having some issues and he needs to be collected. Kenny said these sort of calamities only befall Ibushi when they aren't travelling together (i.e. when Kenny is around to make sure Ibushi doesn't drop his passport in the lake and lose his wallet to a bird). Kenny says that they found his wallet at least.

lol that owns

Did he ever explain how he lost all his worldly possessions in a couple of hours?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Popy posted:

finally PAC found his way out of a bog

He visited Finland?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Good luck with all of that.

Two months before he's I dunno, Brian Jumpo in NXT.

E: "two months", they obviously can't put a completely green rookie into NXT, give it two years at the Performance Center first. THEN Brian Jumpo.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I think WWE is a good fit for B**pie.

Yeah they both suck at being entertaining.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Watching Collision.

First off, just lol at putting on a one hour PPV main event quality match to start your Saturday night free TV show. Tony is a madman and for once in a way that benefits all of us.

Match was really good, although not AS good as the FTR - Briscoes 2/3 falls. I think a part of that was that I didn't believe for a moment FTR were dropping the titles, until the Sharpshooter spot towards the end of the match, when I bit. But that's comparing to one of the literally best matches of all time, so not being as good isn't a huge slam.

What a great showcase for Switchblade and Robinson. A ton of good stuff from them, and I loved Switchblade doing the Shawn Michaels superkick tune up and then going into a Sharpshooter instead for nuclear heat. Also enjoyed Robinson's weird shrieking standing sentons.

I have to say I like the commentary booth of Riccaboni and McGuinness a lot better than McGuinness and Kelly.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Holy poo poo, I would NOT have called this finish to the Women's Owen finals.

Match was decent, love seeing Willow win it. Hopefully this is the start of a big push for her in AEW.

E: cowboy Tony Khan lol god drat

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hail Satan, murder these geeks.

E: and another commentator who can't pronounce "Idolo".

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jul 16, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ricky SHOULD win this, he's overdue for a real push. But Punk is probably going to win.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yay Ricky. Match wasn't great but at least the right guy won.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Suplex Liberace posted:

"its genius and i hate it!" is a great call from Nigel when he realized why Dax pulled his kneepad down

That commentary booth was not only miles better than Kevin and Nigel, but it was legit GOOD. Probably too much to hope that they keep Riccaboni in the booth going forward.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MassRafTer posted:

Someone told me Kevin Kelly is slowly morphing into Peter Griffin so I had to investigate.

"Holy crap Lois, remember that time I tried to pronounce that Mexican wrestler's name?"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

DLC Inc posted:

Ruby gained a lot turning heel but the Outcasts in general is just a lame group. Toni is phenomenal but Ruby's not really on the level and Saraya is outright awful in all respects

Yep. Their actual wrestling content is lame beyond belief, because they just act like middle school bullies who go around making L signs at the people they don't like.

Meanwhile Saraya keeps putting out poo poo like this T-shirt and acting like she's somehow a bad rear end iconoclast monster heel, when people just don't like her dipshit boyfriend.

It's so pathetically tryhard and she's dragging Toni and Ruby down with her.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bard Maddox posted:

“the Outcasts act like oblivious lame annoying middle school bullies who haven’t grown up” is a weird criticism of the act because that’s the entire point?

Well then maybe the commentators should stop talking about them like they're an existential threat to the women's division, because those two things don't fit together.

Also I hope Brodie gets to choke someone out again.

https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/1681025492214861829

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

fez_machine posted:

The Outsiders can be fixed simply by becoming French. I hear a spot in that type of stable is opening up.

Now you've got me wanting a NEO Biishiki-gun in AEW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xynqLSjZBYg

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Malcolm Excellent posted:

How big was he??

About 6 foot 10 inches, or 208cm.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A Fancy Hat posted:

Tony Khan, I know you read this thread. Let them hit a BTE Trigger onto a Zorb-encased Don Callis.

While we're fantasy booking maybe the Bucks' flight gets delayed and they get replaced by cooler guys, like... I dunno, the Beaver Boys, or Butcher & the Blade. Or Aussie Open. Just someone that would be fun to cheer for, because you know the Elite are winning this and I just can't take Buck #1 and Buck #2 badly doing hero spots and selling their backs for 30 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The only replacements I would accept are CM Punk and Ace Steel

That would finally be the right arena for Ace Steele!

Ivypls posted:

personally i think the young bucks kick rear end to watch wrestle and when they do their cool moves i clap

Heel Bucks? 100% I like the cool moves they do as faces as well, but since they switched there's been a lot more not as cool back selling.

MassRafTer posted:

Me Watching Anarchy in the Arena: These loving guys and their back selling and bad hero spots. What the gently caress is this exploding shoe!

Yes if we get more exploding shoes and less "Buck #2, brave face in peril", then it will own.