Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiP1l7jlIIA

https://www.apple.com/apple-events/event-stream/

This is the Apple Event thread! It starts at 10AM Pacific, and these generally run an hour, give or take.

Why watch:
New iPhones!
New AirPods (maybe)
Schadenfreude over the EU forcing the death of the Lightning connector!

This is the place for posts about the event. As always please keep things civil and remember you're arguing about tools and toys. Shitposts, as long as they're good-natured and funny, will not eat a probe as they would at other times. We want you to enjoy yourself, after all. The other rules apply unless they get in the way of a good discussion.

I may temporarily close the other Apple threads for the duration of the event to avoid polluting them with GDT-style posting.

Mr. Mercury fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I doubt I'll be getting a 15 as my 12 Pro Max is still good enough for me and has been running the iOS 17 betas just fine (except for StandBy not working reliably :argh: ), but I'm still excited to watch this :cheers:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I'm the weirdo still using local music on my iPhone, crossing my fingers for a 2TB model today so I can finally copy my whole library over with no downconversion whatsoever! Also my 11 Pro has a terrible battery at this point and my Saddle Brown is falling apart, so I am DUE.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Who has the best/better live blog for people who can’t watch but can refresh a page a million times

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Boris Galerkin posted:

Who has the best/better live blog for people who can’t watch but can refresh a page a million times
I think either Engadget or Gizmodo, usually.

https://www.engadget.com/how-to-watch-apples-iphone-15-event-153656934.html

https://gizmodo.com/apple-iphone-15-how-to-watch-1850719532

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

I usually use Mac Rumors. It has live updates.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
:bahgawd:

thats the iphone mini's theme music!!!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Soul Glo posted:

:bahgawd:

thats the iphone mini's theme music!!!

:pray:

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

The Verge with their event quiz: https://www.theverge.com/c/23855309/apple-event-quiz-september-2023-iphone-15-history

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
Today's one more thing: an Apple TV sized Mac Mini

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Cannot wait to hear how Apples version of USBC will cure cancer.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

TraderStav posted:

It requires courage to switch to a standard the entire rest of the world is using.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

https://twitter.com/MacRumors/status/1701623312802054498

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

TraderStav posted:

Explains why Tim Apple didn’t release it during Steve Jobs lifetime.

Mixed feelings about USB C because I’m enjoying my 13 Pro. Turns out the 3D scanning isn’t great so maybe I’d trade it in for a 15 regular or whatever.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

YouTube stream is live!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Apple will always be cowards for turning off comments in their YouTube videos. :argh:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

This commercial is boring.

Oh I see it is Apple patting themselves on the back.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

the apple site stream is really far ahead for some reason. added to op

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

smackfu posted:

Apple Watch discovers tumors!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

smackfu posted:

if your product saved lives you would pat yourself on the back as well. :colbert:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you don't have a Apple Watch and iPhone, I'm not exaggerating, you are literally going to die.

Do you want to die? :colbert:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
For every of these success stories, there's 100 ER nurses spitting fire for Apple Watch wearers panicking for nothing. I have to listen to these complaints, should I accidentally praise my AW too much in hearing distance of a friend of mine working the ER.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

I've had my iPhone Xs for over four years at this point and finally cracked the screen. Hoping the 14 gets enough of a discount today to grab one. The rumors of the significant price hike for the 15 are warding me off

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
All of these "Satellite SOS saved my life" seems dipshits that would have been Darwin awarded in a just world instead of people in need.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My dad had a real heart scare last year and his Apple Watch picked up on it and alerted him about it. It’s loving great :unsmith:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I am here to hoot and holler about Apple.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Let’s get to the iPhones please, I have a meeting at 11 sharp :ohdear:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

How does Tim not have a coach to tell him to just speak loving normally?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

As much as these products are luxury goods, it's pretty much impossible to argue against these things phoning emergency services when you're incapacitated, or detecting things that you would otherwise chalk up to "feeling under the weather", etc.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I don't wear my watch every day so I'm obviously going to die on one of those days

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Uhhhhh Apple... You may not want to hype the Vision Pro lmfao.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lmao, Apple Vision Pro

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do not enable Marques Brownlee.

poo poo, iJustine too. STOP IT!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Apple Vision Poo

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Camera is a little too far away from Tim.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
lmfao at continuing to pretend that anyone cares about Apple Vision Pro

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

The Dave posted:

How does Tim not have a coach to tell him to just speak loving normally?

Reptilians don’t have lips, so he’s probably doing his best.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Dark Ultra! I think. Because contrast and all.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I literally forgot about the Apple Vision Pro until just now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Apple Vision Pro is a mistake. No one wants to wear this poo poo. The only people hyping this garbage are crypto metaverse grifters (and now Apple). Just make a fucken car instead, you'll sell millions of them.