Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

Tommy 2.0 posted:

See that is the thing that is really driving me up the wall on this Z, the devs for this game are loving amazing. They REALLY are. Honest to god more successful MMOs wouldn't be where they are today if it wasn't from them cribbing massively from this game. I know Synapse is open to math and valid input but ask Oni, he knows from experience I can't argue a logical argument that well at times no matter how right it is. Especially when I am somewhat fervent about the thing. Not to mention I personally don't have the time to do more than compare sets side-by-side at 50. Even that was a chore. Believe it or not I do have a job and a family, and *gasp* I go to the gym. My anecdotal opinion on the set is based completely off what I am observing from gameplay. Actual. Gameplay. I'm not JUST killing pylons over and over, that test is done and the set will NOT be beat except on AV targets. Considering the state of the set before the nerfs I thought this was an acceptable trade.

edit: holy poo poo I am getting way to mad over this. The hell is wrong with me.

Quick, someone tell a dick joke.

You need a proxy.

Someone has to have a Tommy > pubbie translator.

(In all honesty, I'll paraphrase what you're saying to Synapse...minus the questionable photography.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

This just in:

Launch of summer event and availability of kb->kd IO combined with the reveal of a cyberpirate costume set on a stream all while Valve unveils Meet the Pyro at the same time is likely to cause hat based heat death of the universe.

How ironic that I'm wearing a new hat tomorrow.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

This also just in, Bio Armor perhaps not as terrible:

Synidel Castrapse posted:

So, for the greater part of the day I've been trying to find an elegant solution for adding value and distinction between the various Adaptations and I'd like to propose an idea and get your reaction:

1) Not having any Adaptation active provides no bonus.
2) Not having any Adaptation active AND owning Adaptation gives you a global Endurance Discount and a minor recovery boost.
3) Defensive Adaptation decreases damage by ~20%.
4) Defensive Adaptation increases defensive bonuses on powers by a flat percentage. Such bonuses include: +regen, +max HP, +def, +res and -dmg debuffs.
5) Offensive Adaptation decreases damage resistance by ~7.5% to 10%.
6) Offensive Adaptation grants a flat damage, to hit and recharge bonus. Additionally it will improve any offensive debuffs like -regen and -resistance. Damage on Genetic Contamination will be increased. Lastly, all owned powers that can be slotted for damage will proc a very small amount of toxic damage while this adaptation is active.
7) Regeneration will be removed from Hardened Carapace and the regeneration in Inexhaustible will be increased.
8) If it's possible I can also look into having Defensive Adaptation bonuses enhanceable. NOTE: If I do go this route, then this means I can only improve existing attributes in a power and can't add new ones. What I mean by this is a +Res toggle will have its +Res boosted. It will not get +Regen or +Defense as an enhanceable bonus.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Evil Z posted:

You need a proxy.

Someone has to have a Tommy > pubbie translator.

(In all honesty, I'll paraphrase what you're saying to Synapse...minus the questionable photography.)

Ask him if he wants the pics anyways. It's normally a selling point.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Abroham Lincoln posted:

This also just in, Bio Armor perhaps not as terrible:

Wow, you aren't kidding.

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Wow, you aren't kidding.

*note: even though I take full credit, please note that I had nothing to do with any changes or improvements.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Evil Z posted:

*note: even though I take full credit, please note that I had nothing to do with any changes or improvements.

Like seriously though, go give him a hug for me. Synapse, not Neil Harris. Well, him too.

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Like seriously though, go give him a hug for me. Synapse, not Neil Harris. Well, him too.

I'll hug NPH. At the very least for Dr. Horrible.

He's one of the few guys ANY man is allowed to have a Man Crush™ on.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Look, having a Man Crush on NPH is fine, but let's focus on the serious issues.
Robot Shoulder Parrot.
Glowing Eyes.
Someone get on this.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

WeX Majors posted:

Look, having a Man Crush on NPH is fine, but let's focus on the serious issues.
Robot Shoulder Parrot.
Glowing Eyes.
Someone get on this.

Is this for real? The robot pirate.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Is this for real? The robot pirate.

Don't gently caress around when it comes to robopirates.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I'm in love...:syoon:

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Ffffffff.....now I don't know if I want to go DB/Bio and re-roll my DB/SR, claws/bio and reroll my first 50, or TW/Bio and break all the melee DPS records.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Ffffffff.....now I don't know if I want to go DB/Bio and re-roll my DB/SR, claws/bio and reroll my first 50, or TW/Bio and break all the melee DPS records.

gotta catch 'em all!

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

If you want to see the full costume set watch us on Twitch tomorrow.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Tom Powers posted:

And also, I can't believe you get perma status protection with the pay-to-win buff, something they've been trying to keep out of the game for ages, one of the primary reasons Hybrid isn't a perma toggle.
Isn't T4 Clarion perma status protection? I swore it was 120sec duration/120 sec cooldown.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Evil Z posted:

If you want to see the full costume set watch us on Twitch tomorrow.

are you going to be wearing it?

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Pez posted:

And he doesn't mean your in-game character.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I am ready to electronically transfer my space doubloons.

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

Pez posted:

If I could wear something like this I wouldn't actually work.

I would sail the stars, looting and pillaging the galaxy.

Or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Otaq2tmNMM

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

motoeisen posted:

Isn't T4 Clarion perma status protection? I swore it was 120sec duration/120 sec cooldown.
For the most part, yeah. But you're giving up some awesome buffs to get it. This was brought up one the forums and ignored. I'm just going off what I've heard as the "official" response as to why Hybrid isn't perma, that being one of the primary reasons, apparently.

Initially the version from Destiny wasn't going to be perma, but they gave in and let the khelds have their fun.

And so they added something like mag 40~50 status effects, that stack, in UG to make up for it.

I'm still not seeing what the problem is of having the mag 10 protection from Melee Core at all times. Heck, I'd be happy with mag 2. You'll still get stunned if a few stuns make it through your Defense, it happens to a lot of actual armor sets, too.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
That Space Pirate silhouette looks cool enough for me to throw my NC funbux at, and Bio Armor looks fun again, Christ how many handjobs do we owe Zwill now? It's like a US deficit in handies now.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Tommy 2.0 posted:

See that is the thing that is really driving me up the wall on this Z, the devs for this game are loving amazing. They REALLY are.

Yeah. We give the devs poo poo on occasion, but honestly, CoX gets more free content and QoL improvements in a year then most MMOs get in a lifetime. Not to mention the devs not only go to cons, but hang out on the forums a lot and answer questions. Most MMO devs consider themselves head and shoulders above the unwashed masses of players... assuming that the bean counters haven't fired them after launch.

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012

Gynovore posted:

Yeah. We give the devs poo poo on occasion, but honestly, CoX gets more free content and QoL improvements in a year then most MMOs get in a lifetime. Not to mention the devs not only go to cons, but hang out on the forums a lot and answer questions. Most MMO devs consider themselves head and shoulders above the unwashed masses of players... assuming that the bean counters haven't fired them after launch.

Quiet Pleb.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Evil Z posted:

If I could wear something like this I wouldn't actually work.

I would sail the stars, looting and pillaging the galaxy.

Or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Otaq2tmNMM

Zwill you're more awesome on line than you are in person...

(I'm Nate's friend from Minnesota)

Rixen
Feb 18, 2005

Have you had your Reich today?
I'm told that space pirate set is gonna be part of a new series of booster packs.

oh god. oh god no. I finally have enough points to buy powersets DON'T DO THIS TO ME

Or at least lemme use reward tokens for them right off the bat. PRETTY PLEASE.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

So we're getting a robo pirate, and the Nemesis horse is in game, but we can't get horse heads?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Concurred posted:

So we're getting a robo pirate, and the Nemesis horse is in game, but we can't get horse heads?

Do you REALLY want to open those particular furry floodgates?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Patware posted:

The goals of the Taboinc Union are not to be confused with the goals of the unwashed, fursuited masses.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Patware posted:

On the other hand, how many characters would we get based off the horse from Bravestarr?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Concurred posted:

Only if we get to put them in Boss Marcone's bed.

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Man I really want to come back and play, but I wish they would release more than one loving powerset at a time. An armor set like bio just isn't enough to get me back into the game. Armor sets are way too passive and just don't change the feel of the game for me like a support, offense, or control set does. I'll be back when they release a few more powersets (half a year at the rate they are slowly feeding them out).

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Free Headcrab posted:

Man I really want to come back and play, but I wish they would release more than one loving powerset at a time. An armor set like bio just isn't enough to get me back into the game. Armor sets are way too passive and just don't change the feel of the game for me like a support, offense, or control set does. I'll be back when they release a few more powersets (half a year at the rate they are slowly feeding them out).

They... often do? Water Blast is coming out before Bio, which will likely come out at the same time as Nature Affinity, three new sets came out relatively recently (Staff Fighting, Darkness Control, and Darkness Affinity), which were on the heels of Street Justice and Titan Weapons and Beast Mastery and Time Manipulation and Beam Rifle and and and...

I mean, even though you have to pay for most of them, the number of powersets they've put out since they went F2P has increased enormously, and complaining that they're going too slow is just kinda silly and I'm not sure what your basis for comparison is.

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Because a lot of them get done and sit on the shelf for a long time. Like staff.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Free Headcrab posted:

Because a lot of them get done and sit on the shelf for a long time. Like staff.

So the problem is more that you hate anticipating anything and have no patience?

What a horrible goony existence. :smith:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
And numbers aside, Staff is a fun set.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
So the Summer Event is starting today. Anyone know the stats on the Universal Damage set that's part of the reward for it? I want to know if I should try for more than just the "Knock Back becomes Knock Up" proc.

Evil Z
Jun 14, 2012
New Trailer for the Summer Event is up on Gametrailers.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
From the forums, it sounds like the knockback to knockdown IO works on Bonfire and Tornado, but doesn't work against high-con enemies. :toot:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Out of curiousity, do I need to be logged in for the invite to the super secret goon chathouse to be sent? I don't think this game is really going to hold my attention for very long without dick jokes crossing my screen as I play.

• Locked thread