Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

S-Alpha posted:

Edit: Oh, and apparently that's only for the JP PSN release. So there isn't even a release date on the US version. :smith:

Confirmed to be in November "sometime" :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Mr. Fun posted:

Confirmed to be in November "sometime" :(

Call me overly enthusiastic, but I'm just pretty freakin' thrilled we get a new Guilty Gear game at all. I'm sure BlazBlue has its merits and all, but I've been missing Faust and his big-rear end scalpel

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Yeah, I just think that the wait is going to way worse when all those XBox guys are posting youtubes & stuff while I grind my teeth.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I was just really excited to get it next week. I was planning on getting it from the JP PSN, even if there was only gonna be a one week delay, but a two week delay before even the JP PSN release is just unnecessarily cruel.

And yeah, knowing the XBox guys are gonna be funning it up just makes it worse. :(

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
Personally I'm happy that given a choice between delaying it and (presumably) rushing it, they chose the former.

The Sheriff Jake
May 8, 2006
Saw this the other day on flipboard, CVS2 and Rival Schools possible remakes.
http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/10/18/hideaki-itsuno-teases-at-remake-of-cvs2-and-rival-schools.html

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ZackHoagie posted:

gently caress Hori, you can custom build a VO stick for about 100-120 if you know what you're doing.

The sticks were going for 70-90 (each) the last time I checked. Sanwa brand at least. Just getting a saturn or dc twin stick (used) looks to be 120-140 on ebay these days.

edit: hmm, I guess people are using knockoffs these days - http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/imported-joysticks/299-import-flight-stick.html

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 20, 2012

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Is this actually the "Plus" version? I thought that was gonna be patched in at a later date.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Accent Core Plus is just a slightly tweaked version of regular AC, it came out on the PS2 originally. That's the version that's coming to XBL/PSN.

AC+R is the new arcade revision, that's the one that's going to be patched in at a later date.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Accent Core Plus is just a slightly tweaked version of regular AC, it came out on the PS2 originally. That's the version that's coming to XBL/PSN.

AC+R is the new arcade revision, that's the one that's going to be patched in at a later date.

Is this change list complete/up-to-date?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Nah, that's from the early June loketest. I'm pretty sure a fair amount changed between then and now, but I can't find a full complete change list from AC->AC+R.

If you dig into the character forums on Dustloop, some of them have some lists of final changes.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 20, 2012

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Paradise Arcade sells Eurosticks and the full IL button range. Their color selection on sticks can sometimes be iffy but they usually have all the buttons in stock. They have Yenox buttons in there as well, which are decent low-profile American style buttons made in Asia. They also have a large variety of switch options for decent prices (20's for a more Japanese feel, 125's for Start/Select/Player buttons).

There's also eBay if you're looking for some more serious American/Euro style parts (Suzo 500's come to mind).

There's not a lot of info on mainstream FGC sites about American control setups. I am a huge fan of them for certain games (Muscle memory pretty much prevents me from playing SF2 in anything that isn't straight six) and I personally use hand adjusted Yenox pushbuttons and a custom actuated Eurostick in my Mortal Kombat setup. Ultimarc does a lot of crazy specialty American style parts like the Magstick as do the guys at Groovy Game Gear.

Thanks for this. I've seen Paradise Arcade before, and wasn't sure if they'd take my money and run because of the awful site design.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Bovineicide posted:

Thanks for this. I've seen Paradise Arcade before, and wasn't sure if they'd take my money and run because of the awful site design.

Look at this guy who didn't read every goddamn word of my precious OP!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
GGXXAC+ now out on XBLA. But... not in every region?
https://twitter.com/Yamanaka_ARC/status/261107147008512001

quote:

Currently Available: Japan, United States, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Portugal. Delivery to other regions is not yet determined.

Supposedly the netcode has issues (again).
EDIT: no online lobbies either apparently???

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 24, 2012

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Yeah apparently the netcode is realllly jank. I guess whatever they do for p4a/BB just can't be ported over.

Zero000
Mar 8, 2008

Woof.

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah apparently the netcode is realllly jank. I guess whatever they do for p4a/BB just can't be ported over.

Those games are built to play alright in slight lag, lots of frame precise tings in GG

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Brosnan posted:

Look at this guy who didn't read every goddamn word of my precious OP!

Sorry, man. Haven't read the OP since Lizard Lick was a thing :(

Sucks about GG netcode. Why the hell are Japanese companies so goddamn weird about licensing middleware like GGPO? I'll never understand that.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Evil Canadian posted:

Welp, as excited as I was about GG, I guess I get to save some money.

If that CvS2 re-release actually happens, that'll be the best thing. I pretty much live for skillionaire streams.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Bovineicide posted:

Sucks about GG netcode. Why the hell are Japanese companies so goddamn weird about licensing middleware like GGPO? I'll never understand that.

Japan is tiny and has near-perfect broadband penetration.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Platypus Farm posted:

If that CvS2 re-release actually happens, that'll be the best thing. I pretty much live for skillionaire streams.

iPlayWinner streams CvS2 pretty regularly. Or at least they were in the recent past. But yeah, I wish Skillionaire would happen more frequently. A lot of fun to watch.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Japan is tiny and has near-perfect broadband penetration.

I get that part, but surely rollback-based netcode is better than delay-based even with fat Nihon pipes?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Bovineicide posted:

I get that part, but surely rollback-based netcode is better than delay-based even with fat Nihon pipes?

I'm sure it is, it's just that between that and arcade culture they have no reason to care. Like, if you port a console FPS to PC it's better to have exact numeric-enterable control over mouse sensitivity, ways to adjust acceleration and disable smoothing, but 99% of your playerbase isn't going to give a poo poo, so why bother?

Add in the Japanese media industry being irrationally set in its ways about everything because :japan: and it's a miracle we get any rollback-based games at all.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Evil Canadian posted:

I put ~40-50 games in last night and the netcode feels *exactly* like P4A/BB, I would wager money that it's the same design on the backend. In general I think people are noticing two things... one, GG is way faster and its inputs are less lenient so the delay isn't masked as well when you have a terrible connection to the other dude, and two, sometimes you'll be playing a set with someone and everything is going great, but maybe one in ten games the game runs at a lower FPS that makes it basically unplayable but as soon as you rematch it's back to being great again.

That said so long as you don't get an FPS drop the game is pretty close to offline if you're playing someone in the same region, blocking and confirming/executing combos are slightly harder because of delay but not to the degree that it's frustrating/unfun/broken like Marvel/KOF, everything still feels like Guilty. If you're mainly playing with people <1k miles away from you and not having lobbies isn't a deal-killer you're missing out if you skip this port.

Bovineicide posted:

On top of arcades not being dead yet in glorious Nippon, their SF4 online for example is virtually the same thing as SF4 offline because everyone's near everyone else and their delay is on the order of ~1f-2f. Rollback is always slightly better but no JP developers ever saw the need to put in the work.

Anyway for all of the bad poo poo you can say about SFxT it does have rollback netcode that does a pretty good job of masking lag, I think we can reasonably expect that Capcom will reuse that same tech for new games. Would be nice if Arcsys got on board (and French Bread ahahahaha who the gently caress am I kidding).

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Someone make a thread for GG. I can only make OPs for bad games.

Also, thanks to the London scene I won't have to ever play GG online.

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 26, 2012

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Is anyone here going to be at Youmacon Battle Opera?

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

quote:

Eltnum is actually a modified test character from "Melty Blood HD." They had some time after the early stage of development and they wanted to add one more character but they didn't have enough time to make a complete new character. They had permission from TYPE-MOON.
I sure hope Melty Blood HD would've actually turned out better than UNIB!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Is anyone here going to be at Youmacon Battle Opera?
This guy was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcyxFNuQlwo

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Anyone know what's up with Guilty Gear? I thought it was supposed to be on PSN this week, and the only information I can find says it was gonna be released november 1st. Am I just blind or something?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I want to say it was released on JP PSN only, but I'm not sure.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Countblanc posted:

Anyone know what's up with Guilty Gear? I thought it was supposed to be on PSN this week, and the only information I can find says it was gonna be released november 1st. Am I just blind or something?

It was released in Japan on the 1st and there is no news on if/when it's coming to other countries as far as I know.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Speaking of GGXXAC+ releases, for those that who lived in a country that it wasn't released in for XBLA (:canada:), it should be out on the 9th.

Edit: Fixed release date.

Krakhan fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 8, 2012

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Oh poo poo, I just fought gootecks! A few seconds into the match I noticed the name and then completely forgot how to play. Not like it would have mattered of course.

that Vai sound
Mar 6, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Oh poo poo, I just fought gootecks! A few seconds into the match I noticed the name and then completely forgot how to play. Not like it would have mattered of course.
What name can we watch for on the next Gooplays?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

that Vai sound posted:

What name can we watch for on the next Gooplays?

Ol Crunchy, but I dont think anyone wants to see me wildly flailing about in an incompetence fueled by both rustyness and starstruck panic.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Countblanc posted:

The only solid information I've been able to dig up was that it was going to come to XBL on Oct. 24 (which happened), it would come to Japanese PSN on Nov. 1st (which also happened) and it'll come to US PSN in "November". So everybody who doesn't want to buy it through the japanese PSN is pretty much sitting on their hands and waiting.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Coca Koala posted:

The only solid information I've been able to dig up was that it was going to come to XBL on Oct. 24 (which happened), it would come to Japanese PSN on Nov. 1st (which also happened) and it'll come to US PSN in "November". So everybody who doesn't want to buy it through the japanese PSN is pretty much sitting on their hands and waiting.

I don't really know poo poo about japanese PSN, is there a reason I wouldn't want to use it? Well, beyond the game being in japanese, but it's a loving fighting game.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Countblanc posted:

I don't really know poo poo about japanese PSN, is there a reason I wouldn't want to use it? Well, beyond the game being in japanese, but it's a loving fighting game.

I think they only take Japanese credit cards or something.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Actually, the Japanese version of the game has options to be fully in English. I went through the story mode to unlock a couple EX characters, and that's all translated. As far as I've seen, the only stuff not translated are the names of the specials in the move list.

Really, the only reason you wouldn't want to get it off the JP PSN is that the sites who sell JP PSN cards have some awful markup on their cards.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

You can buy a couple 1000 yen PSN cards from places like Play-Asia but with the way they hike up the prices on those, you'll be paying about $40 for the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

My friends use http://www.japan-codes.com/ for their PSN point card needs, so I assume it's a good place to buy.

• Locked thread