Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Warbadger posted:

By having pretty much anybody he can shoot into Israel and pulling whatever strings he can in Gaza to stir the pot.
Fair enough, but I don't think that's the deciding factor in this - or even that significant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Miltank posted:

Haha this guy looks super professional when he confuses a Palestinian fishing boat with a warship.

Edit: if those are actually fishermen then they are the dumbest fishermen in the world.

One of the locals said they were fisherman, he isn't so sure.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I keep hearing rumors that the Israelis are going to cut off the internet and other communications in Gaza. It wouldnt surprise me, after the webcams that were up during operation cast lead, and now the webcams that are up beaming this new conflict to people all over the world I dont think Israel is too happy about it and would prefer to keep this under wraps. After all, its hard to claim you werent dropping white phosphorous rounds when its clearly on video.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Miltank posted:

Haha this guy looks super professional when he confuses a Palestinian fishing boat with a warship.

It's not like he's got night vision goggles or anything, and if he has a pair of brain cells in his head he's getting the shortest peep at them from the most sheltered place he can find.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women

Miltank posted:

Edit: if those are actually fishermen then they are the dumbest fishermen in the world.

He's super professional and you seem to misunderstand the desperation of Gazan people.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Warbadger posted:

By having pretty much anybody he can shoot into Israel and pulling whatever strings he can in Gaza to stir the pot.

This is a pretty ridiculous conspiracy theory given that this isn't the first time Israel has pulled this on their own right before an election cycle.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Paul MaudDib posted:

Ambulances incoming apparently.

I guess it's time for the IDF to move from stationary to moving targets.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

R. Mute posted:

Fair enough, but I don't think that's the deciding factor in this - or even that significant.

It might not be, but the timing is impeccable. Attacks have definitely been ramping up this year since the Syrian civil war kicked off and there have been several blatant attempts by Syrian government forces (the fake protests, this week's artillery attacks) to do just that. There's a lot of actors in Gaza and Syria is a major player in the region, so it's not something that can be discounted.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Harry Fear's social stream hijacked by Hezbollah operatives! :tinfoil:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

shitthedd posted:

What does this mean? Are you the kind of bigoted gently caress that considers immutable characteristic to be determinative of a person's worldview?

Yeah, I'm Jewish, but not Israeli. If you don't like Jews, take a fat, dull knife up your rear end.

"I don't like Israel, I just defend their genocide because I was raised to believe that Israel was the holy land"
That kind of guy.

I saw a lot of your kind in vidoes with Norman Finkelstein. Crocodile tears spring to mind.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Miltank posted:

Pretty easy mistake to make at first glance. The Israelis don't have all that large of ships given that they don't really need anything larger than a corvette. The Israeli Navy ships off the coast of Gaza are likely either patrol boats or missile boats, which are generally about the same size as your typical fishing vessel.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women

Deceitful Penguin posted:

"I don't like Israel, I just defend their genocide because I was raised to believe that Israel was the holy land"
That kind of guy.

I saw a lot of your kind in vidoes with Norman Finkelstein. Crocodile tears spring to mind.

For anyone who's curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5drXEXkf9s

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Crasscrab posted:

Pretty easy mistake to make at first glance. The Israelis don't have all that large of ships given that they don't really need anything larger than a corvette. The Israeli Navy ships off the coast of Gaza are likely either patrol boats or missile boats, which are generally about the same size as your typical fishing vessel.
Also, I don't think he expected anyone to be fishing at the moment.

Volkerball posted:

Hasbara.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Deceitful Penguin posted:

That kind of guy.

"I can't tell whether Goering or Ahmadinejad gives me more of a chubby, totalitarian groupie that I am."

That's very nice, son.

The Read Menace
Apr 4, 2003

shitthedd posted:

My support isn't frothing. Netanyahu is a oval office, and Israel behaves very badly and unwisely. I'm also American, but don't accept this. I don't know how you, much more critical than I am, think you tacitly do.

What are you critical of, exactly? I haven't seen anything other than vague platitudes like the above statement.

In case you haven't noticed, the state US politics is in today has zero criticism of Israel. In fact, the two parties fall over each other to say how much they love Israel and will shower it with gifts. So as a so-called "critic" of Israel, you should not be satisfied with the situation. Therefor, by doing noting to change this Israel love-fest, you are tacitly agreeing with our unwavering support for Israel.

What I'm trying to say is, we are responsible for what our government does. Even if we did not explicitly support it. It's not as if you could just say: "Well, I disagree with the atrocities in Vietnam, but I am against the war. Therefor I am blameless! I can just do nothing." We didn't end the atrocities in Vietnam because everyone independently decided they were against the war. It stopped because thousands of people worked very hard for years and years to educate others and take actions that weakened support for it.

There were also a few other paragraphs you forgot to answer. Are the ANC and East Timorese President also self-haters? I don't think they are attracted by the cool outfits.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Well he's saying that these most likely people paid by the Israeli government to attempt to interrupt what he's doing, something that has been done in the past by Israel, and given that he's getting upwards of 40,000 viewers I wouldn't be surprised if that were in fact the case.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rinkles posted:

Is there a particular reason why things are suddenly intensifying?

The Israeli government hasn't done anything sufficiently stupid in a while to their fulfill their apparent goal of pissing off everyone else in the Universe.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Crasscrab posted:

Well he's saying that these most likely people paid by the Israeli government to attempt to interrupt what he's doing, something that has been done in the past by Israel, and given that he's getting upwards of 40,000 viewers I wouldn't be surprised if that were in fact the case.
3,000 viewers. The 40,000 is total views ever.

e: please stop responding to shitthedd, tia

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

shitthedd posted:

If Israel didn't care about civilian casualties, it would have exterminated the Palestinians decades ago.

You are an absolute idiot.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

nevermind, I fell for a troll.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Durgoc posted:

In case you haven't noticed, the state US politics is in today has zero criticism of Israel. In fact, the two parties fall over each other to say how much they love Israel and will shower it with gifts. So as a so-called "critic" of Israel, you should not be satisfied with the situation. Therefor, by doing noting to change this Israel love-fest, you are tacitly agreeing with our unwavering support for Israel.

I'm not satisfied with the situation, but that's not the issue here. The US should suspend aid to Israel AND the Palestinians, both of whom receive too much of our tax money.

quote:

What I'm trying to say is, we are responsible for what our government does. Even if we did not explicitly support it. It's not as if you could just say: "Well, I disagree with the atrocities in Vietnam, but I am against the war. Therefor I am blameless! I can just do nothing." We didn't end the atrocities in Vietnam because everyone independently decided they were against the war. It stopped because thousands of people worked very hard for years and years to educate others and take actions that weakened support for it.

Do you consider Gazans equally responsible for the actions of Hamasniks, whom they voted into power?

quote:

There were also a few other paragraphs you forgot to answer. Are the ANC and East Timorese President also self-haters? I don't think they are attracted by the cool outfits.

I don't know where you're going with there, or even what is your point of origin with the line of inquiry.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Palestinians: Worth less than video game people.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

LP97S posted:

That's pretty racist.

Seems like it's the majority sentiment toward Israelis here though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

LP97S posted:

:catstare: Jesus Christ, did the IDF just hashtag black ops? Talk about desperately trying to get ahead of the narrative.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Crasscrab posted:

He said Hezbollah at first. I thought he was saying that people in the social stream were accusing the "Palestinian apologists" of being Hezbollah operatives.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

shitthedd posted:

What does this mean? Are you the kind of bigoted gently caress that considers immutable characteristic to be determinative of a person's worldview?

Yeah, I'm Jewish, but not Israeli. If you don't like Jews, take a fat, dull knife up your rear end.

Get hosed, I'm ethnically Jewish and the vast majority of my family is extremely disgusted by Israel's actions. You can be a Jew and not a Zionist, because implemented Zionism has been an absolute clusterfuck for human rights. That's why people her dislike Israel, not for any other reason.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

shitthedd posted:

"I can't tell whether Goering or Ahmadinejad gives me more of a chubby, totalitarian groupie that I am."

That's very nice, son.

Hahaha, you're even more inept at grammar than trolling. And a literal LOL at Göring, did you have help with that invocation of Godwin?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Volkerball posted:

He said Hezbollah at first. I thought he was saying that people in the social stream were accusing the "Palestinian apologists" of being Hezbollah operatives.
Hasbara. He said Hasbara

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

LP97S posted:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

The gently caress? What exactly are they thinking? This is official right?

e:Well it has a "certified" icon.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

shitthedd posted:

That's pretty racist.

Seems like it's the majority sentiment toward Israelis here though.

I was paraphrasing the IDF with their claims that a million Israelis are at risk as they get ready to bomb 1.7 million people.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

LP97S posted:

This is terrible.

I did only figure it was an amount time before we see the game Tom Clancy's Palestinian Threat gets released

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Rinkles posted:

The gently caress? What exactly are they thinking? This is official right?

e:Well it has a "certified" icon.

They're thinking social media blitz campaign!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Crasscrab posted:

Does anyone actually give a poo poo about the chat to the right of the stream? It's full of terrible people without paid Israeli trolls and it's not like it impacts what he is doing in any way.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

SWITCH HITLER posted:

Get hosed, I'm ethnically Jewish and the vast majority of my family is extremely disgusted by Israel's actions. You can be a Jew and not a Zionist, because implemented Zionism has been an absolute clusterfuck for human rights. That's why people her dislike Israel, not for any other reason.

Sure you can - I'm also a non-Zionist Jew, and have no desire to make aliya. Israel is not my country. It's problematic for human rights, but the only country in the region that approaches a standard that comes close to what I consider acceptable.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I like the new Black Ops, but I thought the level where I blew up an ambulance was really out of place.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Amos Moses
Oct 13, 2012

by Ralp
Who is this Harry Fear fellow? Other than a bunch of "Might haves" and "Could haves" "Someone thinks they saw.." he hasn't really confirmed much of anything.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Isn't one of those a nazi fur too?

I keep thinking about what a fuel-air bomb would do in an urban area.... it's a massacre. Are they trying to kill everyone? Is that Netanyahu's plan?

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

LP97S posted:

I was paraphrasing the IDF with their claims that a million Israelis are at risk as they get ready to bomb 1.7 million people.

If you're paraphrasing, surely you can cite the source that you're paraphrasing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

VanSandman posted:

Isn't one of those a nazi fur too?

I keep thinking about what a fuel-air bomb would do in an urban area.... it's a massacre. Are they trying to kill everyone? Is that Netanyahu's plan?

I've always figured that these outings let Israel test new weapons they've picked up in the last few years. If you have it, you've gotta use it, right?

• Locked thread