Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KTBush
Sep 22, 2012
New Dark Harvest and Whispered Faith:

DH:
http://youtu.be/EcthhRZgmzA

Jessie is dead

WF:

http://youtu.be/_eHxeDpMjUM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

phenom64 posted:

Jessie is dead

I saw that coming a mile away. The whole beating the poo poo out of him and using him as a message to the cult clearly made them think he was a liability.

Honestly at this point, they have no leads, they've been told that they'll be left alone if they leave it alone....in their case I'd actually just accept it. And just keep trying to avoid Slender Man and the rogue cultists.

KTBush
Sep 22, 2012
New Tribe Twelve:

http://youtu.be/f-Vg7oCZvlA

So apparently HABIT/Evan from Everyman Hybrid was the one who freed Firebrand/Noah from the Collective

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I feel like TribeTwelve would hands-down be one of the best vlogs out there, if it weren't for his unbearably long videos and mediocre acting. The composition and editing on the Collective videos is genuinely pretty impressive, and there's still an objective that the series is working to (however slowly), which is more than can be said for some of the other series out there.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

New Marble Hornets entry coming soonish

@whatatroy posted:

Uninteresting, unspoilery screenshot from MH Entry #72: pic.twitter.com/qTvtTYW0cz

Looks like they're...heading for a walk in the woods :ssh:

QuestWhat
Nov 11, 2012

MockingQuantum posted:

I feel like TribeTwelve would hands-down be one of the best vlogs out there, if it weren't for his unbearably long videos and mediocre acting. The composition and editing on the Collective videos is genuinely pretty impressive, and there's still an objective that the series is working to (however slowly), which is more than can be said for some of the other series out there.

This. When I first saw TT, I began to loose interest really quickly because it was another ripoff of Marble Hornets. When it started branching out into it's own story and improving the special effects, I regained interest in the series but Noah (or whatever is his actor's name is) is bad at acting and relies too much on saying "gently caress" all the time. These "Collective" videos however, are excellent and create a level of unease that most spooky Internet videos fail to capture. They're pretty much the only reason I still pay attention to TribleTwelve.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Docjowles posted:

Tim doesn't look happy about it.

Tiamat
Jul 25, 2008

yer a wizard, harry

Docjowles posted:

I am kind of amused that they could use 75-100% of each video for these "unspoilery" screenshots...

Forte
Oct 22, 2009

Where is your Belmont clan now?!
New tweet:

MH Twitter posted:

TTA in control of the MH Twitter again?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Forte posted:

New tweet:

TTA in control of the MH Twitter again?

IMO Jay passed out in his hatchback again and sent a butt-tweet

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
I think it's a zipcode

e: let's all go there now that's obviously what they want us to do

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Looks like a credit card number, let's use it to finally give the Operator what he's wanted all along.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Troy accidentally posted his password.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

IrvingWashington posted:

I think it's a zipcode

e: let's all go there now that's obviously what they want us to do

It's a series of zip codes, idiot.

e: thought it maybe have been a computer timestamp (if you drop all the 0s) but that didn't work out after doing a few possible conversions.

fullroundaction fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 8, 2013

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

MrSmokes posted:

Looks like a credit card number, let's use it to finally give the Operator what he's wanted all along.

He just wants a new suit, guys. Is that so much to ask for?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Docjowles posted:

IMO Jay passed out in his hatchback again and sent a butt-tweet

I would honestly love it if they did that. Just tweet out some cryptic digits and then like an hour later tweet "oops. not TTA, just sat on my phone".

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Unfiction seems to think it's a cipher for a previously unsolved code. There's 26 digits, it could mean 3 = E, 4 = D, 5 = B, C or L, etc. But then that'd mean 0 = the whole second half of the alphabet and H. If the phrase mostly had letters from the start of the alphabet, fair enough, but it doesn't seem likely. I don't think it's latitude and longitude either because I can't break it up into minutes and seconds and if it's decimal it's somewhere in north-west Russia.

The string of numbers starts and ends with 65, which is A in ASCII, not sure if that means anything. Certainly if you split it up into pairs of numbers and convert it you don't get anything meaningful.

At least it's got 9s in it so we know it's probably decimal? :shrug:

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
If you drop most of the 0's (operator symbols :tinfoil:), in 1337 5p34k you can get:

GSSAETPOBBTGSOO

Which anagrams to "Got Babes, Go Post".

I guess that's the TTA version of "gently caress you, got mine". This series is getting a little egotistical.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I solved it you guys! It comes out to

code:
BESURETODRINKYOUROVALTINE
...a crummy commercial? Son of a bitch.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

The Rokstar posted:

I solved it you guys! It comes out to

code:
BESURETODRINKYOUROVALTINE
...a crummy commercial? Son of a bitch.

Tim is a Masky

Slenderman's slave

Hit him with boulders

Burma Shave

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

@marblehornets posted:

uploading entry 72 tomorow night

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
The all lower case and the misspelling in that tweet, especially following a strong of mysterious numbers, seems to indicate the next video will be pretty wacky, as the tweets only have errors when TTA has taken over the account or Jay is in some kind of altered state.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus it's June and this never really progressed.

The fact that this is a free show made by busy people doesn't stick when they actually went through a lot of effort and made a lot of videos that were nothing but circular trite.

Pick up the pace!

KTBush
Sep 22, 2012
If anyone cares, Jeff from EMH's short stories that are published on Amazon are going to be free for the next few days.

http://jeffkoval.com/post/52521441452

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Speaking of Jeff, he posted on Facebook that V/H/S 2 was awesome, and I didn't even know it was a thing (let alone already out). Going to watch tonight, looking forward to talking about it here at some point.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
V/H/S/2 really has nothing to do with Marble Hornets or Slenderman or anything of the like, so it probably doesn't belong in here.

If you want to post your thoughts after seeing it here.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Thanks for your suggestion, I really appreciate it.

Sometimes I get confused about where I should talk about found footage horror videos that were made popular by the internet.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008
^ Meh about VHS2.

So we're still nowhere? Literally? Sorry, I've been away a while.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Entry 72 posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FITooL9WegA

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Oh, ho hum, it'll just be another walk in the woods or something where they find another ta-:stare:

That was pretty good. The time warp in the basement was an unexpected twist for me. Good entry!

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

MeccaPrime posted:

Oh, ho hum, it'll just be another walk in the woods or something where they find another ta-:stare:

That was pretty good. The time warp in the basement was an unexpected twist for me. Good entry!

Been away a bit, but how long has Slendy been so...cut and pasted?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
So... yeah, this was easily the best entry of the season.

Azraden
Oct 26, 2010

Ooh - a crevice
I loving love when Jay puts down the camera and Slenderman is just chillin' out in the grass. :allears:

When Jay is freaking out over seeing someone, does he think he's seeing Slendy or Alex? I don't recall if that was clarified, I just remember him saying "He's there!"

e: I also felt like the dialogue between Jay and Tim seemed more natural than previous entries.

Azraden fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 10, 2013

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

Pehther posted:

Been away a bit, but how long has Slendy been so...cut and pasted?

He's always been a mannequin of some kind. They've actually stated in the past that they tend to avoid long overexposure just for exactly that reason, although I think that it wasn't as bad as they made it out to be. Still looked pretty awesome. I think that's the most direct shot we've ever had.

EDIT: (This contains episode spoilers) I think there were two very notable things disclosed this episode. One, the possible reasoning behind why Alex gave him the tapes, and what the deal with all of that was, and two, the situation with The Operators possessions. Tim mentions that he thinks that Alex gave him the tapes that he did in order to revise his role in the whole situation, which I think is a pretty interesting framework to look at season 1 in, in light of the events of the last two seasons. The thing that really wigged me out was seeing the papers. Here is what they say: "BRIAN Sees me, TIM, CAN'T SEE, STAY INSIDE, SARAH, Pictures of the Operator and the woods at night, JAY, SETH BRIAN and one other name that I can't see before the camera pans, it might be Jessica. Basically, it's a list of posessions the Operator has attempted, and I think the implication is that it's a list of people who are able to see it, and possibly also the suggestion that maybe the Operator has issues with possessing them, perhaps an inability to inhabit the bodies for long periods of time, and to be able to maintain his cognizance(ability to see seperate for the possessee's personality) in the body.

Yeah, this episode seems pretty massive, in terms of explaining what's going on. Must be approaching the end times.

Nails fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 10, 2013

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Seems like Tim was trying to stand up to The Operator. Almost like he was fighting whatever force was making Jay pass out.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Pehther posted:

^ Meh about VHS2.

So we're still nowhere? Literally? Sorry, I've been away a while.

Agree about VHS2. Still enjoyed it though. Welcome back (again).

That was a fun little romp. I don't really feel like we got anywhere but it was well shot and executed.

Did anyone ever crack the tweet code?

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Nails posted:

Must be approaching the end times.

As long as I find out what happened to Alex's dog, I'll be happy.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Way better entry than the last few, good pacing, good acting, interesting the whole way though. Slendy kind of lost his impact when he stood right out in the open there, but the effects when he teleported away were great

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
Tim once again shows that he's the best actor on the whole team. No offense to the other guys... but goddamn, that was the best 'standing up to a puppet' performance I've about ever seen, if nothing else. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Commissar posted:

Slendy kind of lost his impact when he stood right out in the open there, but the effects when he teleported away were great

Yeah, I didn't enjoy the long shots of Slenderman either. Until now in the series it was easy to imagine that it wasn't just a huge mannequin, but it's pretty obvious from those shots that he's completely stationary. I didn't like that one bit.

• Locked thread