Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

DQ7 is slow and terrible anyway.
Remake 3.

No it's got good pacing and is a lot of fun, you have pretty terrible opinions despite your username/av combo.

Seriously though, the remake is fantastic. It's got beautiful graphics, uses the symphonic rendition of the soundtrack, and is absolutely chock full of content. I'm really sorry for you guys if it's true that the game won't be localized.

I assume the guy who tweeted that message is someone in the know and not just a random twitter user?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Keito posted:

I assume the guy who tweeted that message is someone in the know and not just a random twitter user?
A little of both.
Just A Guy, but he has contacts.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

jeez i hate these kind of comments. it's like the gaming equivalent of slut-shaming. making games is hard. and JP producers QA like motherfuckers; it takes time.
Play the whole or don't bother in the first instance. :colbert:

This is 2013, loving well act like it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rexroom posted:

Where are you getting this release date?

Whoops, just used the usual place I buy stuff online from but looking around everyone has a different date (though they're all in August) so, uh. 5th isn't even a Friday so that's almost definitely wrong. :sweatdrop:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Genpei Turtle posted:

Whoa, streetpass works on cross-region? Maybe I ought to turn mine on, I figured I'd never be able to streetpass anyone since I have a Japanese 3DS and only spend maybe a couple weeks a year there. Figured I was just wasting batteries if I kept it on.

Not that I'd be able to use in-game streetpass functionality for anything though...

Yeah, keep your streetpass on. I've gotten streetpasses from several foreigners before, which is always nice because it tracks what regions you have and haven't encountered people from.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

dudes, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ01Voi3Plk

used to play the gently caress out of link's awakening and oracle, this is going to be awesome

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

JazzFlight posted:

Ahhhhh!!!!

Jake Kaufman (virt) posted the soundtrack to Mighty Switch Force 2 already on his bandcamp for a pay-what-you-want price!

Check it out!
This album is like a electro-disco orgasm.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Source on Nintendo dropping DQ7 is an NOE Translator and a second source told him 8-4 picked it up.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 14, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Source on Nintendo dropping DQ7 is an NOE Translator and it a second source told him 8-4 picked it up.

Oh my god please be true.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

8-4 did Nier and REVENGEANCE, right?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Level Slide posted:

8-4 did Nier and REVENGEANCE, right?
Here's the whole list on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-4

Since they did the translation for DQVI, I guess it would make sense for them to pick up the sequel.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Holy poo poo just look at that pedigree behind them. How did I never know about 8-4 until now?!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Policenaut posted:

Holy poo poo just look at that pedigree behind them. How did I never know about 8-4 until now?!

They have a pretty decent podcast too. They're good people.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

A MIRACLE posted:

used to play the gently caress out of link's awakening and oracle, this is going to be awesome

Man this looks so good

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

A MIRACLE posted:

I'm actually kind of disappointed that the overworld seems to be an exact copy of Link to the Past's. The dungeon looks pretty rad though.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Shear Modulus posted:

I'm actually kind of disappointed that the overworld seems to be an exact copy of Link to the Past's. The dungeon looks pretty rad though.

The overworld is identical to LLTPs, except for certain obstacles (those big grey rocks, for example). The dungeons are different, and the progression through the world is different.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

Funkmaster General posted:

The overworld is identical to LLTPs, except for certain obstacles (those big grey rocks, for example). The dungeons are different, and the progression through the world is different.

Which I think is awesome fan service. I just played through LTTP again couple weeks ago, and it will be really cool playing a new adventure in the same world.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's been a long time since I've played LttP so the world will probably be unfamiliar to me, but playing a new adventure in a new world is vastly more appealing.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

McFunkerson posted:

Which I think is awesome fan service. I just played through LTTP again couple weeks ago, and it will be really cool playing a new adventure in the same world.

I do hope it keeps the slight non-linearity from the first release of Link to the Past where you could go into some of the dungeons early to explore and find some stuff. In the GBA port of the game they toned down some of the puzzles but also made some slight changes to the game world so that you had to do the dungeons in order. :(

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Is there a way to make download later less lovely? I buy AC, take a nap for an hour, it gets to 15 percent. Since then it hasn't done a loving thing. I always get stuff in the end but this has to be the spottiest download system I have used for years.

Unoriginal
May 12, 2001

Jakse posted:

Is there a way to make download later less lovely? I buy AC, take a nap for an hour, it gets to 15 percent. Since then it hasn't done a loving thing. I always get stuff in the end but this has to be the spottiest download system I have used for years.

I have no idea. It took me 2 hours to download it using the download later function. I've never had much trouble so I'm not sure it's just Nintendo's servers.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

A MIRACLE posted:

Man talk about gimmicky, every time you want to change your items you have to fumble around with the touchscreen?? You do that roughly five zillion times in a Zelda game.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Bigass Moth posted:

Man talk about gimmicky, every time you want to change your items you have to fumble around with the touchscreen?? You do that roughly five zillion times in a Zelda game.

You didn't play Ocarina of Time 3D, did you? Touch screen item selection is way faster than navigating a menu and makes switching way less annoying.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Bigass Moth posted:

Every time you want to change your items in Ocarina of Time you have to fumble around with like three different menus. You do that roughly five zillion times in a Zelda game, and one zillion times in the Water Temple.

E:f;b

EDIT: Okay I can see how fiddling with the stylus and the touchscreen would be annoying, but the buttons look big enough you could use your finge-*stares at screen full of fingerprints* Oh.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 15, 2013

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Nah I agree with him. I really hate touching the screen with anything not the stylus, and pulling that out every time you want to change items is a pain.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
Looks like Level5 is teasing another new game. If you click it enough time, you will end up finding a magnifying glass. Click on the keyhole and you will see something.

http://level5ia.com/beyondthedoor/

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I think touch screen menu is way better. I can quickly shuffle my items around right there without having to open up a separate menu and pause all the action. Although I don't have an issue touching the screen with my hands, I rarely ever used my stylus on my DS for Pokemon White.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

SgtKirby posted:

Looks like Level5 is teasing another new game. If you click it enough time, you will end up finding a magnifying glass. Click on the keyhole and you will see something.

It's definitely Layton related: I recognize the logo.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

A MIRACLE posted:

I know it's a small touch, but I love what happens to the music when you use the "flat against a wall" ability.

Shear Modulus posted:

I don't mind that it's the same overworld since it's supposed to take place in the same version of Hyrule as LttP (I don't think they ever stated if it was a sequel or prequel unless I missed a press release or something). :)

Bigass Moth posted:

Ditto... I hope they do let you use the regular controls for item management since having to grab the stylus every five seconds can be a pain.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

ahaha what the gently caress are you on about. this is 100 times more intuitive than pausing the game all the time just to switch weapons.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Put your fingers on the goddamn screen, get your filthy fingerprints all over it. Touch screen inventory management is the greatest.

SgtKirby posted:

Definitely Layton.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm 99% sure it's Layton Brothers, the iOS (box-pushing?) game.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Touch screen menu ruled in OoT. Made switching so much faster. It's a toy, don't be afraid to touch it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'm 99% sure it's Layton Brothers, the iOS (box-pushing?) game.
Oh yeah, mystery solved

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Color Printer posted:

EDIT: Okay I can see how fiddling with the stylus and the touchscreen would be annoying, but the buttons look big enough you could use your finge-*stares at screen full of fingerprints* Oh.

I'm going to use my fingers. I always use my fingers unless it's something tiny and fiddly like a virtual keyboard. I don't think I'd be able to survive playing Monster Hunter 3U if I had to use the stylus.

I would just love it if the next-gen DS (if Nintendo sticks with the dual-screen, one touch model) has a capacitive screen though. I don't like the mushy feel of a resistive screen.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If it's anything like OoT 3D you will have multiple face buttons devoted to items as well as touch screen buttons, so if you are weird about touching the screen with your fingers you can easily set the touch screen buttons to stuff you only use every so often like bottle fairies or switching in and out of the different boots.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I officially have the Dual Scream ringtone on my phone :D.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What exactly does Nintendo Zone do? The one time I found one, at Dulles International Airport, it took twenty minutes to connect, dropping twice, then loaded a bunch of blank pages and an X on the top of the screen and froze my 3ds XL.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
What confuses me is why the item selection screen isn't the default menu on display in this and OoT3D, with just a mini map showing. Why not have all the items at the player's fingertips, like in the Wii U Zelda tech demo from 2011?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RBA Starblade posted:

What exactly does Nintendo Zone do? The one time I found one, at Dulles International Airport, it took twenty minutes to connect, dropping twice, then loaded a bunch of blank pages and an X on the top of the screen and froze my 3ds XL.

You still have to accept the wifi terms in the internet browser before anything will load.

It has shows and quizzes apparently and is being reworked to make streetpass more viable in the western world

• Locked thread