Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013

E-Tank posted:

I suspect that is the case. Maybe TO is eating their bodies, or just simply shoving it into some other extra-dimensional space or some BS like that. We've never seen a living person taken, but that doesn't particularly mean that it can't happen.

Tim got taken through it in entry 65, he even saw the body of the one guy Alex brained but he came out of it so it's safe to say TO can teleport just about anyone, living or dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarington Grey
Dec 4, 2007

Subtle but delightful.

E-Tank posted:

We've never seen a living person taken, but that doesn't particularly mean that it can't happen.

In Season Two we see the Operator teleport Alex out of his bedroom, right after he called Jessica to let her know he "got in touch with Amy."

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Indubitable Leg posted:

Tim got taken through it in entry 65, he even saw the body of the one guy Alex brained but he came out of it so it's safe to say TO can teleport just about anyone, living or dead.

Clarington Grey posted:

In Season Two we see the Operator teleport Alex out of his bedroom, right after he called Jessica to let her know he "got in touch with Amy."

Fair enough.

Though Tim might also be because he's got that brain chemistry.

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
That or maybe it's "harder" for The Operator to keep someone living in the slenderverse. Perhaps being in there too long is what gives them the broken/corrupted personalities, as Tim's face started becoming contorted and distorted while in there.

Also going back to what someone said earlier about Jay possibly being the bad guy in all this, I doubt it, but he, along with Alex and Tim have all been behind the camera and both of them were shown to be lying while being narrators (Tim more out of necessity than Alex), and TTA has called Jay out on withholding/omitting information, so while I don't think he'll become the villain, he could be called an unreliable narrator though, like both Tim and Alex and could be hiding something still.

Indubitable Leg fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 16, 2013

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
This was posted in the funny pics thread. Are you loving kidding me?

http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/Uw-Slenderman-Standard/

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Stryder posted:

This was posted in the funny pics thread. Are you loving kidding me?

http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/Uw-Slenderman-Standard/

"Stalker Man." It's not even like Slender Man is a copywritten name or anything.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

'Ole Slendy is making a statement with that pinstripe suit

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
/product/Uw-Slenderman-Standard/

:ninja:

I'm waiting for the deluxe edition.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

birdlaw posted:

I think you come across as creepy, a bit robotic and 'not quite there'. Dunno, always seemed like an acting choice, especially after seeing the comedy bits.

Same thing I thought. Figured that was how Alex was supposed to be. Is it really bad acting instead? :v:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CloFan posted:

'Ole Slendy is making a statement with that pinstripe suit

Why is it pinstripe? Why is it blue? Do any of the popular versions use a blue suit?

Besides, it is just a suit. Why buy a $50 one-size-fits-none cheap fake suit? You can probably rent a suit that actually fits you for about that price. Or put the $50 toward a real suit, you'll need one sooner or later. Or just borrow one from your grandpa.

This is dumb.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
For $50, the suit should have extended legs and 2-foot stilts. As it is, that costume would make you look like some kind of genetic mutant. And, obviously, the drat thing should be solid black.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

It should also include Forget-Me-Nows to properly complete the execution.

QuestWhat
Nov 11, 2012
It should also have tentacles.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

QuestWhat posted:

It should also have tentacles.

It's probably best to not have tentacles on a halloween costume, rather than have cheap floppy things. It is hard to do tentacles right, and even harder if you are trying to do it out in the real world surrounded by assholes.

QuestWhat
Nov 11, 2012
I was thinking they should be more along the lines of those small fairy wings that are made of wires and wear like a backpack.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

That would be pretty cool if you could rig it up kinda like a bunch of mini Wacky-Waving-Inflatable-Tube-Man, to where they're constantly flailing about.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CloFan posted:

That would be pretty cool if you could rig it up kinda like a bunch of mini Wacky-Waving-Inflatable-Tube-Man, to where they're constantly flailing about.

You could, but having a gas powered leaf blower strapped to your back to power the thing might make you less welcome at parties.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Angela Christine posted:

You could, but having a gas powered leaf blower strapped to your back to power the thing might make you less welcome at parties.

Alright, no need to go lording over the rest of us because you go to the posh parties.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Nah, he just goes to parties hosted by hardcore costumers :v:

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I've started filming myself constantly so that by Halloween the real slenderman will be following me and then I can just take him to the party. Problem solved.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
This just popped up as a Facebook ad:

http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/md-bloody-slendr-man-inflatabl/

I'd probably get this if it wasn't $99.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

7 feet tall :stare: That is pretty awesome.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

We got this in the mail the other day.

Yea.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm not gonna be happy until I see a Sexy Slenderman costume.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

axleblaze posted:

I'm not gonna be happy until I see a Sexy Slenderman costume.

Protip: Don't google "sexy slender man" trying to look for this.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Atoramos posted:

We got this in the mail the other day.

Yea.

What are you talking about? All I can see there is:

All you really need for a Slenderman costume is the lycra/spandex head covering and perhaps some white gloves. The rest of the costume can be purchased from any decent thrift shop. I am guessing it will wind up costing you much less than what these costume companies charge, as well.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
Dark Harvest just uploaded a continuation of the previous video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSAXOmCGvaM

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Murphys Law posted:

Dark Harvest just uploaded a continuation of the previous video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSAXOmCGvaM

"WHAT THE gently caress?!"
"WHAT THE gently caress?!"

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Murphys Law posted:

I'M ACTING!

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Murphys Law posted:

This entry sucked. I can't watch a bunch of kids yelling gently caress and stomping around for 12 minutes.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

El Scandelouse posted:

This entry sucked. I can't watch a bunch of kids yelling gently caress and stomping around for 12 minutes.

In that case, let me be the first to tell you to avoid Tribe Twelve, since that basically sums up the last 3 years of dialogue.

QuestWhat
Nov 11, 2012

Docjowles posted:

In that case, let me be the first to tell you to avoid Tribe Twelve, since that basically sums up the last 3 years of dialogue.

At least watch the entry where you see Noah stab some bushes with a switchblade. That was unintentional comedy gold.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Docjowles posted:

Tribe Twelve at least has the cool visual effects. The fake freak outs are the worst. If I was confronted with that type of horror I would probably be completely quiet and go curl up in a corner.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Dark Harvest may be a bunch of entries of kids yelling "gently caress" everywhere, but they do have an interesting story going at least. Or maybe I just have a very low bar for internet video series, I don't know.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Rokstar posted:

Dark Harvest may be a bunch of entries of kids yelling "gently caress" everywhere, but they do have an interesting story going at least. Or maybe I just have a very low bar for internet video series, I don't know.

To be honest they've all been so long and mediocre that the bar is set pretty low.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Troy made a new blog post. The interesting tidbit for me was confirmation that the last entry was new footage (in real life, not within MH) and not something they had been sitting on for the last 2 years. They were able to get Jessica to come in and do some more shooting. I'd be much more excited about that as ammo for my Jessica == Skimasky theory if the entry hadn't played out the way it did, but oh well. Very cool of her to stay involved with a goofy internet project after all this time.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I'm really surprised there haven't been any movie updates recently. Not even a "can't tell you guys anything yet but ..."

Maybe it's off the table? :(

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

fullroundaction posted:

I'm really surprised there haven't been any movie updates recently. Not even a "can't tell you guys anything yet but ..."

Maybe it's off the table? :(

From a couple pages back:

Caseman posted:

Doug Jones mentioned on the Nerdist Podcast that he "can neither confirm nor deny" finishing filming for the Marble Hornets movie. DOUG JONES!

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013

The Rokstar posted:

Really what did it in for me towards Dark Harvest was them explaining their TTA as a Slender Cult. I get it that since MH started everyone needs their own TTA but atleast with the original, there's still an air of mystery in regards to TTA's role within the film's story/world. Dark Harvest instead went "we worship Slender Man as an egyptian god and have all these godawful rites and what not and wear masks cause Marble Hornets did it first." which made me go all :rolleyes:.

Indubitable Leg fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Sep 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

Indubitable Leg posted:

Really what did it in for me towards Dark Harvest was them explaining their TTA as a Slender Cult. I get it that since MH started everyone needs their own TTA but atleast with the original, there's still an air of mystery in regards to TTA's role within the film's story/world. Dark Harvest instead went "we worship Slender Man as an egyptian god and have all these godawful rites and what not and wear masks cause Marble Hornets did it first." which made me go all :rolleyes:.

Interesting. I thought that was more of a copy of Tribe Twelve's "The Order" than anything in Marble Hornets.

• Locked thread