Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

irlZaphod posted:

Here's the GW4 results for TRP H2H3:

pre:
Big Brendans Boys FC	47 - 37	Daddy Mourinho
Ice Cream Kids		40 - 53	Physical Media FC
LaytownRulez		57 - 57	Vapor Genies
The Craven Cottagers	53 - 49	Arkansas Albion
wayth FC		55 - 38	Radish FC
Bankrupt & Relegated	59 - 41	Flaming Mou's
FC Porto Dragon		35 - 61	The Chosen Few
AFC Jigga		28 - 42	Teacup United
Game of Throw-Ins	46 - 54	Not in the face
Ding Dong XI		55 - 41	Sleeper Service
The Craven Cottagers maintain their 100% record, staying 2 points clear of LaytownRulez, with a further 5 teams just 1 point back.

Fixtures for GW5:

pre:
Not in the face	 	v	Big Brendans Boys FC
Physical Media FC	v	wayth FC
Daddy Mourinho	 	v	The Craven Cottagers
Ice Cream Kids	 	v	LaytownRulez
Teacup United	 	v	Sleeper Service
The Chosen Few	 	v	Ding Dong XI
Flaming Mou's	 	v	Game of Throw-Ins
Radish FC	 	v	AFC Jigga
Arkansas Albion	 	v	FC Porto Dragon
Vapor Genies	 	v	Bankrupt & Relegated
Tough away trip for Big Brendans Boys FC, to 4th place Not in the face. With Soldado having a bit of a dry patch, he may find himself losing his place in the squad and getting transferred out in favour of an actual good player. :mad:

Liverpool top of the league irl, me top of the league in a meaningless goon contest? :smug: :smuggo: :mmmsmug: :smugdog: :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

nice strawman

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Angel Puddin posted:

nice, strawman

Thank you.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Strawman posted:

Liverpool top of the league irl, me top of the league in a meaningless goon contest? :smug: :smuggo: :mmmsmug: :smugdog: :smugbert:

Um I'm top of the true TRP fantasy league :smuggo:

Suck it Mr. sucseed warez-bb.org, whoever you are

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Pasco posted:

Because I'm liking this additional thread content this year:

GW4 results for TRP H2H2:

A lot of super-close matches this week, and Wilfried Boner and Wenger Knows both make it 4 wins out of 4 at the top, while Borussia Boom Boom and Real Jolson are yet to take even a single point at the bottom.

Three points away from the upset of the season so far and actually getting points on the board :( And all because I bottled Ozil and put Walcott in because of the virus he had, then I turn the radio on at 5 o'clock and hear "Ozil was fantastic, Walcott should've had a hat trick".

If I can't get it done with Boruc, Reid and Clyne somehow scoring a combined 20 points...

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,
I'm pretty new to this, but I just yolo'ed in 66 points this round.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Daktari posted:

I'm pretty new to this, but I just yolo'ed in 66 points this round.

#swag

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

The Craven Cottagers maintain their 100% record, staying 2 points clear of LaytownRulez, with a further 5 teams just 1 point back.

Five of the teams above me have fewer total points. This must be how Arsenal feel when they lose to the likes of Villa.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

CaptainRightful posted:

Five of the teams above me have fewer total points. This must be how Arsenal feel when they lose to the likes of Villa.

Mate on actual points I would be 8th, but in reality I haven't won a game yet and sit 19th with nothing. Not a sausage.

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes
I suppose I could post the results for the original and best league... TRP H2H1:

pre:
Citizen Kone		31 - 61		Tekkerslovakia
Qatarlona Team Dubai	42 - 42		MD All-Starid
Stone Cold Stunners	46 - 37		Belgium Juniors FC
Sub-par Scots		25 - 33		TeamTeamTeam
Arse Mullet FC		37 - 40		HOW DO I PLAY FANTAS
The Duck Army		57 - 45		Robbing Cars FC
Foreign & Overrated	48 - 32		Woowar Superstar
FC Last Place		47 - 63		Hashtag FC Bootroom
The Tottenham Haters	58 - 35		Pro Bono Publica
What the FC		59 - 68		1706 Strong
Qatarlona Team Dubai continue thier unbeaten streak with a home draw against MD All-Starid leaving them top of the table with 10 points with 7 teams snapping at their heels tied on 9 points. What the FC were unlucky to lose with a score of 59 against 2nd placed 1706 Strong.

GW5 Fixtures:
pre:
Tekkerslovakia	 	v	The Duck Army
Belgium Juniors FC	v	Arse Mullet FC
MD All-Starid		v	Sub-par Scots
Stone Cold Stunners	v	Citizen Kone
Pro Bono Publica	v	Qatarlona Team Dubai
Hashtag FC Bootroom	v	1706 Strong
Woowar Superstar	v	What the FC
Robbing Cars FC		v	The Tottenham Haters
HOW DO I PLAY FANTAS	v	FC Last Place
TeamTeamTeam	 	v	Foreign & Overrated
Gameweek 5 has top vs bottom with Pro Bono Publica hoping to get off the mark and bring an end to their losing streak.

This week is clearly just a preparation for gw6 where the giants of Belgium Juniors FC and Sub-par Scots battle for national pride.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Maybe it will be like last season where Qatarlona stayed in the top spot all the way until GW32 and then crashed to 5th in a spurs-style meltdown of epic proportions.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Used my wildcard already because half of my team was injured and/or poo poo (Aspas, Okore, Coutinho, Walcott, Canas, Chadli, Shaw, van Wolfswinkel).

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Seksiness posted:

Gameweek 5 has top vs bottom with Pro Bono Publica hoping to get off the mark and bring an end to their losing streak.

Christ, am I really bottom? Come on, Ozil...!!!

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I am having the worst time with midfielders. First Silva got crocked, now it's Coutinho. Who the hell do I put in for him? Hazard maybe?

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

I put in Eriksen for Coutinho and I'll use the extra million or so elsewhere, but I am doing really badly so maybe you should avoid that.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Antti posted:

I am having the worst time with midfielders. First Silva got crocked, now it's Coutinho. Who the hell do I put in for him? Hazard maybe?

I'm struggling too. I was thinking Ramsey but im worried about arsenal's midfield coming back from injury and him not getting as many minutes.

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes
I would go Coutinho -> Moses and use the cash to upgrade other players. With Coutinho out Moses will be guaranteed more playtime and if his form holds out might still play when Suarez is back.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Seksiness posted:

I would go Coutinho -> Moses and use the cash to upgrade other players. With Coutinho out Moses will be guaranteed more playtime and if his form holds out might still play when Suarez is back.

I was thinking Moses before you posted. I decided to go with him and to save the money this week.

Here is what I went with.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

FC bible pimp holding strong in 69th place. No I've not made one transfer or lineup change.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
I'm putting in an absolute piss poor performance so far this season and will probably be loaned to Blackpool by GW7 at this rate.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leighton Baines you absolute beauty

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Brought in Collocini and Krul because Hull had only scored once and Newcastle had 2 CS at home....I give up this year.

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
Baines single handedly saved my game week because Benteke died, Snodgrass was dire and I cried

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

aluko ;_;

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I spent 8 points last week adding Benteke and Sturridge so sorry if you have those players

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

MoPZiG posted:

Brought in Collocini and Krul because Hull had only scored once and Newcastle had 2 CS at home....I give up this year.

Don't double up on defense, especially for a lovely team like Newcastle.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Swapping out Capoue and Mata for Eriksen and Oscar. That should help a bit.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
yahw*h bless you leighton baines

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Thank goodness Lukaku shows himself as Best Belge striker

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I am so thrilled I traded Mata for Ozil.

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID
No RvP. :negative:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Guess I'll jump on the Mata out bandwagon. God dammit, Mourinho, you racist prick

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!
Walcott and Rvp. gently caress my life.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I brought in Ramsey and Mertesacker just the other day, because I am a genius.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Glad I took the 4 point hit to get Ozil in as captain :getin:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

My front three are Dzeko (not playing), Benteke (injured after 20 minutes) and RVP (injured). A grand total of 1 points between them for this week.

Ozil and Baines keeping me in it this week with 27 points between them.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Chuffed to have big Yaya in my team now, dunno why I waited until now to sign him.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Van Persie isn't playing, oh no! Wait a minute, who's my vice captain again...

:getin:

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
I'm done with soldado i thought with service from that spurs midfield he'd score all the goals but apparently he can't unless he gets a penalty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Ozil best vice captain ever. Defeated once again in H2H2, by a 2 point margin for the second week in a row.

Psybro fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 23, 2013

• Locked thread