Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

This thread is yet another reminder of the terribleness of American plastics, jozy is poo poo, he couldn't score in the premiership or la liga and he's a striker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Hashtag Nascar posted:

This thread is yet another reminder of the terribleness of American plastics, jozy is poo poo, he couldn't score in the premiership or la liga and he's a striker.

He did score one goal in the Premier League.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Has any player single-handedly got a club relegated before?

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Has any player single-handedly got a club relegated before?

Adam Johnson, this season

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

80085 posted:

Adam Johnson, this season

How dare you. Jinky just needs to have the right players around him. I suggest that some time playing for Real Madrid or Bayern Munich would bring the best out in him.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Are we not allowed to say anyone on Sunderland is awful just because Jozy is poo poo? gently caress me this is going to be hard pretending they can play football.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Woosh.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Yeah it did go over your head. Disappointed really.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Boo

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Sunderland fans believe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbTT1kC-xd4

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Well, six of them do at least.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
There's more than 6 Sunderland fans? I never knew

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Well, six of them do at least.

That's a record attendance at the Stadium of Light iirc

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

80085 posted:

There's more than 6 Sunderland fans? I never knew

Sunderland are historically one of the best supported clubs in the country. The point is that in that video you can only see and hear only a handful of supporters joining in with that song.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Pissflaps posted:

Sunderland are historically one of the best supported clubs in the country. The point is that in that video you can only see and hear only a handful of supporters joining in with that song.

Manchester United brings big traveling supporter numbers what can I say. All Sunderland fans in the stadium were chanting in that video

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Awful stuff.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
I agree they were a bit off pitch but for fucks sake pissflaps they aren't professional singers

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Would Jozy make a good keeper? Other American keepers have only scored once in the PL, and the whole not scoring while not letting anyone around you score is kind of what you want from a shot stopper imo

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Modus Trollens posted:

Would Jozy make a good keeper? Other American keepers have only scored once in the PL, and the whole not scoring while not letting anyone around you score is kind of what you want from a shot stopper imo

Well he falls down a lot for no reason so maybe

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

this could reinvigorate sunderland imo

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
If you want to find out if Jozy Altidore has scored in the Premier League, reference the chart, otherwise the trolling is unwelcome. Thanks.

K U N T Z
Dec 29, 2008

The Lot Of You...

80085 posted:

Well he falls down a lot for no reason so maybe

Some would say he's flopped at every club he's played for.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
I hope he scores four goals because that is what I predicted I think

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The USMNT fans are making me cringe so hard. It's one thing defending Jozy, but it's another bringing up fluke victories from a few years ago, in a non competitive competition.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Haggis Heed posted:

The USMNT fans are making me cringe so hard. It's one thing defending Jozy, but it's another bringing up fluke victories from a few years ago, in a non competitive competition.
I think you'll find that because the ball once bobbled in off Jozys arse in one of those fluke victories a few years ago in a non competitive fixture he's clearly a world beater and everything is Sunderlands fault.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
i'm reliably informed by my extensive network of ITK sources that by signing Jozy - an Adidas athlete - into a league that is getting a big push at the moment in American markets they got a nice deal on Italian international Emanuele Giaccherini - also an Adidas athlete - who would normally be coveted by several clubs at least somewhat better than loving Sunderland.

Sad to see Jozy being made a puppet of Big Shoeshop, i'm sure Adidas will make some money in the short term but is it right for Altidore to have his reputation destroyed when he could be playing perfectly well for a decent wage in Holland, Scotland or Luxembourg? I'm not so sure it is #askquestions

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Redundant posted:

I think you'll find that because the ball once bobbled in off Jozys arse in one of those fluke victories a few years ago in a non competitive fixture he's clearly a world beater and everything is Sunderlands fault.

maybe the answer... is in the middle

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Jozy supports the qatar world cup bid i've heard.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
now why would he support a world cup in qatar as opposed to his home country of the united states of america (for whom he bangs em in internationally i might add)

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
i feel like jozy would jump at the chance to play in a competitive international fixture on his home soil

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Your Weird Uncle posted:

Nah mate, with a competent centre forward (not even good, just competent) Sunderland would be definite title contenders.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Redundant posted:

Nah mate, with a competent centre forward (not even good, just competent) Sunderland would be definite title contenders.

expertly played. i am humbled.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Your Weird Uncle posted:

I don't think a better Sunderland midfield would help Jozy score.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Your avatar is misleading

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Jozy has been doxxed and the findings aren't pretty. He scored one goal for Hull which he calls his "little Jozy."

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

vyelkin posted:

I don't think a better Sunderland midfield would help Jozy score.

but.. jozy loves scoring like a fat kid loves cake...according to you

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Your Weird Uncle posted:

but.. jozy loves scoring like a fat kid loves cake...according to you

Go google that phrase

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Paddyb posted:

Go google that phrase

i had some joke planned where i screencapped myself googling what i wrote, as per your request, but decided that was too much effort. besides, this thread is about how averse josmer altidore is to scoring

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Your Weird Uncle posted:

i had some joke planned where i screencapped myself googling what i wrote, as per your request, but decided that was too much effort. besides, this thread is about how averse josmer altidore is to scoring

That's too bad because this thread is repetitive as hell and 35 pages long and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

That's very altidorian of you.

• Locked thread