Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Every player in the Eredivisie is poo poo, all the clubs are poo poo, the supporters are poo poo, barclays all the way, ughahaalagagaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

oliwan posted:

Every player in the Eredivisie is poo poo, all the clubs are poo poo, the supporters are poo poo, barclays all the way, ughahaalagagaaa

You don't have to get upset because Jozy is failing so miserably, I think you just took the initial criticisms to heart and don't want to back down - but let's face the facts that Holland isn't consistent with strikers from its league

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

oliwan posted:

we just got done establishing the eredivisie has produced some outstanding defensive talents over the years. sheesh.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

tetsman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fimRn4cZ-Q8

And this is PSV. Just imagine the shittier teams that get dominated by them.

:stare:

That's incredible. It looks like they've been bribed.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 8, 2013

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
ah-zed alkmaar

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sorry guys I was reacting to the haters I'm a very emotional person and my posting game reflects this

Knoddus
Oct 30, 2007
Born in a crossfire hurricane
I just played co-op fifa as the US and Jozy scored a world-class header against Hoffenheim, playing the rest of the game like his usual poo poo, fat self.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

oliwan posted:

Sorry guys I was reacting to the haters I'm a very emotional person and my posting game reflects this

You're not the first little boy that jozy has let down. It's ok to be sad oliwan.

It's ok.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Knoddus posted:

I just played co-op fifa as the US and Jozy scored a world-class header against Hoffenheim, playing the rest of the game like his usual poo poo, fat self.

have you reported this bug to EA?

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

It's amusing reading the contributions from Americans on the Sunderland message board about Jozy.

It's also informative to read a quote from a Hull City fan on the subject on the same board:

so at least it's not just here that this happens.

Why would you read a Sunderland message board?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

All Of The Dicks posted:

Why would you read a Sunderland message board?

Because I crave sweet pubbie tears.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://www.thefantree.com/products/jozy-altidore-keepcalm-t-shirt

"Don’t panic! Just give it to Jozy. He’ll take care of the rest." - Gustavo "Gus" Poyet

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Did Josmer do the Usain Bolt pose for a goal celebration at some point? idgi

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
it has his twitter handle on the back what the why

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I hate anything with 'Keep Calm And' but it should really say either Keep Calm and Jozy or Keep Calm and Altidore.

It's clumsy as it is. A bit like Jozy. Fat lad, bad footballer.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Can you be fat and a good striker? Fat Ronaldo wasn't good when he got fat I always thought.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
If Ronaldo had played instead of Jozy this season he would have scored a goal by now.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Ok but does 1 goal make you a good striker pissflaps please answer my initial question

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I didn't say one goal?

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
"He would've scored A goal by now" that implies 1 goal in 7 games which does not make you a good striker.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
No, scoring 'a goal' means he would have scored a goal. That doesn't limit the number to one. You can score several goals and still have scored a goal.

Is English your second language?

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
If you truly meant he would have scored multiple scores you would have said "he would've scored goals by now". Deep down you knew inside that fat strikers are not good strikers so you limited his goal count to a single goal. So all of this could've been avoided if you simply said "no" to my initial question of "Can you be fat and a good striker?"

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

80085 posted:

If you truly meant he would have scored multiple scores

No. I did not truly mean he would have scored multiple scores.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Hmmm interesting...so again you agree with me. Fat strikers are poo poo indeed.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Ronaldo isn't fat anymore though

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

euroboy posted:

Ronaldo isn't fat anymore though

Good point maybe Jozy can get into shape like Ronaldo and be slightly less poo poo

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

80085 posted:

Hmmm interesting...so again you agree with me. Fat strikers are poo poo indeed.

You speak neither football nor English it's difficult to know what you're trying to say.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
No one else seems to have any problems but I will take your inquiry to heart and try to improve so you can better read my posts about Jozy Altidore. I will admit though it will be hard to please you regarding Jozy Altidore posts seeing as you spend most of your day looking them up on the internet to hilariously re-post in this thread.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

80085 posted:

No one else seems to have any problems but I will take your inquiry to heart and try to improve so you can better read my posts about Jozy Altidore. I will admit though it will be hard to please you regarding Jozy Altidore posts seeing as you spend most of your day looking them up on the internet to hilariously re-post in this thread.

Hmmm you should be more careful with your accusations imo.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Hmmm you should be more careful with your accusations imo.

Yeah, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have called Ronaldo fat earlier.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

quote:

He does not even look anything like Premiership class, it's not as if you can see it being a possibility.

quote:

He's a useless big pillock.

quote:

He is our Emile Heskey

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Why does Emile Heskey always get compared to Jozy? Heskey at Jozy's age was much much better. Even old Heskey put up more goals.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Pissflaps posted:

I hate anything with 'Keep Calm And' but it should really say either Keep Calm and Jozy or Keep Calm and Altidore.

It's clumsy as it is. A bit like Jozy. Fat lad, bad footballer.

Keep Getting Fat And Never Score

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Keep Fat and Altidore

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Stay Dench or Get Frimponged

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

80085 posted:

Why does Emile Heskey always get compared to Jozy? Heskey at Jozy's age was much much better. Even old Heskey put up more goals.

Jozy would have scored a goal in the Australian Soccer League.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Jozy is a perfectly decent striker for a bad football league. Perhaps he could've learned a thing or two playing for a Championship side though.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

tetsman posted:

Jozy is a perfectly decent striker for a bad football league. Perhaps he could've learned a thing or two playing for a Championship side though.

He'll have that opportunity next season

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

pik_d posted:

He'll have that opportunity next season

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Jozy would have scored a goal in the Australian Soccer League.

He would struggle imo, its a very physical league and he's a big weak shithouse. Kevin Muscat would snap him in half.

• Locked thread