Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Yodzilla posted:

This art style seems really loving familiar but I can't put my finger on it. Regardless that was still a really well done Kickstarter video and it seems like a cool idea.

I read it as faux Aztec like The Emperor's New Groove. Probably a better example though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Brawl in the Family creator Matthew Taranto has a new Kickstarter up for a game called Tadpole Treble, an action/music game headed to PC and Mac with a stretch goal for Wii U.

I won't be supporting this right now, but somewhere down the road I'll definitely throw some money his way. I adore BitF and Taranto's such a swell dude, so here's hoping he goes far with this Kickstarter.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Coldrice posted:

Hey guys I just launched my kickstarter fort game, Interstellaria

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coldricegames/interstellaria

It's a Starflight inspired space game using FTL like mechanics. I've been developing this game through the making games megathread so you can check my progress there. I'm really excited and super nervous :/

I've been following your development in the gamedev thread as well as on Facebook, voted with my dollars and good luck!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Coldrice posted:

It's a Starflight inspired space game using FTL like mechanics. I've been developing this game through the making games megathread so you can check my progress there. I'm really excited and super nervous :/

You should make your own thread for this. Meanwhile, I posted this on Reddit's less poo poo games reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1q3ab4/kickstarter_interstellaria_is_star_controls_open/

If any of you aren't too goon for goons to even admit knowing what Reddit is and how to get there, feel free to upvote! :angel: There is a lot of eyes there. Someone should post to /r/indiegaming as well, but I can't at the moment.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 7, 2013

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
You have my axemoney Coldrice. I probably won't enjoy your game as much as others but I have enjoyed your posts and gifs :)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

"I'm with you too!" followed by the soft, happy star wars score and a :):respek::) with Han

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Also tweet the game to PewDiePie. He has 1.7 million followers.

I just thought about it because he just tweeted about Stasis.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

theblackw0lf posted:

Also tweet the game to PewDiePie. He has 1.7 million followers.

No, let's not have horrible manchild rape apologists pimping something good, thanks.

diadem
Sep 20, 2003
eet bugz
Alteil is now funded!

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!

diadem posted:

Alteil is now funded!
Congrats!

Also, Kyrosiris, re: PewDiePie, c'mon, it would be a shame to derail into that discussion and detract from Interstellaria. Coldrice is making a cool game so let's talk about the cool game instead of that other thing.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

diadem posted:

Alteil is now funded!
Nice! Basically back to where you were last time, only now with 24 days to go.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Orzo posted:

Coldrice is making a cool game so let's talk about the cool game instead of that other thing.

Fair enough. It is a really drat cool thing that I wish I could throw more money at. :smith:

I at least linked it to all my FTL-loving friends on Twitter and such.

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Wow, somethingawful currently accounts for like 30% of all funds. You guys are amazing! I'm really happy you guys have my back and it really makes this all feel less scary/stressful knowing I got **goons**

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!
That's cool, how is it you can tell? Does it show something like 'traffic source for people who eventually backed'?

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Yeah. It shows it just like you said, percentage of sources. Obviously that's skewed because if someone on SA follows my twitter link it'll count that as a twitter source but that's alright, I think overall the numbers will speak for themselves!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I can't read Interstellaria and not thing of that Daft Punk anime. I guess that's a good thing.

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

I can't read Interstellaria and not thing of that Daft Punk anime. I guess that's a good thing.

My secret marketing plan

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Obduction announced that they are getting the band back together - Robyn Miller will do some acting for the game, and Ryan Miller (another brother who worked on Myst) will be helping with design/writing. Probably the big news is that Rand is going to be doing some acting as well.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

diadem posted:

Alteil is now funded!

Congrats, man! I'm looking forward to the alpha. :)

madjackmcmad
May 27, 2008

Look, I'm startin' to believe some of the stuff the cult guy's been saying, it's starting to make a lot of sense.

Coldrice posted:

Wow, somethingawful currently accounts for like 30% of all funds. You guys are amazing! I'm really happy you guys have my back and it really makes this all feel less scary/stressful knowing I got **goons**

That's because goons are the best.

Of all the media, I had imagined RPS would be the biggest for dmans because it's the type of game they and their readers would dig. But drat, seeing the numbers from here though was very moving, and it was a morale booster during times when the campaign was running pretty slow.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

madjackmcmad posted:

That's because goons are the best.

Of all the media, I had imagined RPS would be the biggest for dmans because it's the type of game they and their readers would dig. But drat, seeing the numbers from here though was very moving, and it was a morale booster during times when the campaign was running pretty slow.
Seconding all of that. I had similar assumptions going into Hot Tin Roof, but the numbers from SA blew me away. I've got a decently large Twitter following, but you guys still almost doubled their total pledges. :love:

Coldrice/Dropsy: You need to target the press. Make sure RPS / Kotaku / Joystiq / Northernlion / RockLeeSmile / RedPandaGamer / etc have a prototype in their hands tomorrow morning at the latest, if they don't already. Their direct traffic matters (see above), but the BIG reason you want coverage is that I'm pretty sure that's how you get good placement on the Kickstarter channels. Something like 40% of my pledges came from Kickstarter-internal traffic, and all I really did was "make a lot of noise." I never contacted anyone at KS directly (aside from when they asked me to pull the contest, etc).

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 7, 2013

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Windforge launched a Kickstarter to essentially finish the game.

I remember seeing that pre-alpha video they have down the page a few months ago and thinking "...this looks stupid and janky as hell". Now it's honestly looking kind of neat.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Came across this today. It's a $1000 campaign for an album of original SNES-style boss battle music. Already funded and ending in six days. The guy posted two of the songs as samples, and they actually sound pretty decent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REPqDWz6FM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCU-rSdZF3g

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Interstellaria is closing in on 25% funded in under 36 hours! Thanks you for everyone who backed so far, but really thank you to everyone who took it on yourself to tell others - I feel like that natural "buzz" gets more backers than anything!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

kuroiXiru posted:

Came across this today. It's a $1000 campaign for an album of original SNES-style boss battle music. Already funded and ending in six days. The guy posted two of the songs as samples, and they actually sound pretty decent:

This is a really cool idea, but contrarily I don't like either of those compositions at all. They sound totally tone-deaf and lacking any musical structure.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
On one of the blogs I follow I just saw that allegedly some rear end in a top hat has been pledging at high tiers on tons of projects and then doing credit card chargebacks after the kickstarter is over, often after rewards have shipped out.

Anyone hear about this? It might not be hitting game kickstarters, but poo poo that's an unbelievingly lovely thing to do. Losing a big pledge after the fact can literally ruin some projects.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
http://indierpgs.com/2013/11/back-to-back-indie-rpgs-to-fund-9/

Man, Kickstarting an indie rpg is kinda tough.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but it looks kinda interesting: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1892480689/insomnia-tactical-online-rpg-in-dark-dieselpunk-un

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Faëria is into its last 48 hours of funding now, you should check it out! I've been having a lot of fun with it, the resource system feels a lot less random than, say, Magic, but not as static and predictable as Hearthstone's. And the board adds a lot to the game, I see far more surprising turn-arounds and comebacks from very far behind than I'm used to in similar games.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Next Car Game's first week: $56,664 out of $350k. Hmmm. Might be the first KS that I've backed to fail. I mean, I've looked at it's Kicktraq and it needs to gain $13k per day to hit its mark: something it's achieved precisely once so far. :ohdear:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
The Mandate looks like it might not make it and I have no idea why. It looks awesome. :smith:

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

Tarquinn posted:

The Mandate looks like it might not make it and I have no idea why. It looks awesome. :smith:

It has 23 days and is halfway there. There's a pretty good chance it will make it.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Hakkesshu posted:

This is a really cool idea, but contrarily I don't like either of those compositions at all. They sound totally tone-deaf and lacking any musical structure.

The difference is really stark if you listen to those two tracks and then listen to corresponding tracks from the actual game. They just have zero impact.

Great Rumbler fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 8, 2013

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Great Rumbler posted:

The difference if really stark is you listen to those two tracks and then listen to corresponding tracks from the actual game. They just have zero impact.

It's like when you were a kid and started humming something from your favourite game, but couldn't remember the exact melody and so you just went off in totally random, atonal directions. The tempo and style is there, but none of the craft or energy. I hate harshing on that guy, but it's just really poor, boring music.

diadem
Sep 20, 2003
eet bugz
For those of you who have a lot of funding from SA, did you post only on this thread, did you have a banner, or did you have some other means?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Raindrop has 3 days to raise ~$90k. :sigh: Hopefully they relaunch with a lower goal. It looks awesome but >$100k was kind of a stretch.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

diadem posted:

For those of you who have a lot of funding from SA, did you post only on this thread, did you have a banner, or did you have some other means?

I have a banner ad, this thread, and made a post in the adventure games thread. There's also a thread in games. I'm sitting at ~12.5% goon funded, which is probably higher due to the high percentage of "no referrer" backers. It's also Dropsy, so people around here kind of know about him anyway.

madjackmcmad
May 27, 2008

Look, I'm startin' to believe some of the stuff the cult guy's been saying, it's starting to make a lot of sense.

diadem posted:

I'd been working on Dungeonmans and posting about it in the roguelikes thread since 2010, but I also dropped by the Greenlight thread, this thread, and also got clearance to create a thread just for Dungeonmans. I did also buy two banner ads, I'm not sure if they were useful but I did see someone post about seeing the ad and of course it's nice to help the site.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
I think voting for which is the best cat for Hot Tin Roof's latest update is probably one of the more interesting/unique backer updates I have had to date.Also nice to see further call-out to more goon projects in that update as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Coldrice posted:

Looks like it's retro styled for retro style's sake, why obviously jagged diagonals, why does the interface take that much of the screen with empty grey panels, why use the font straight out of DOS era?
Retro is fine, but some retro things are better left in the past, where they belong.