Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

There was some quote in this topic recently about how Jozy wasn't doing that badly when there have been other terrible signings. One listed was Wilfried Bony, who scored the same number of goals today in 45 minutes that Jozy has scored in 45 premier league games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not so sure how to defend Jozy anymore.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

oliwan posted:

I'm not so sure how to defend Jozy anymore.

Ask any premiership defender. It's really easy.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

jyrka posted:

Ask any premiership defender. It's really easy.

Except John Terry, Jozy merked him

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

NeoNaoNeo posted:

There was some quote in this topic recently about how Jozy wasn't doing that badly when there have been other terrible signings. One listed was Wilfried Bony, who scored the same number of goals today in 45 minutes that Jozy has scored in 45 premier league games

swap teams and they swap stats, simple as that.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
This thread is good. Unlike Jozy Altidore

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Jozy played in a game today.

Jozy did not score today.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Jozy played in a game today.

Jozy did not score today.

I'll believe it when I see the chart

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Modus Trollens posted:

I'll believe it when I see the chart

Same, let's not jump to conclusions please

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
How can you possibly score on the best keeper in the premiership, Brad Guzan?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

80085 posted:

How can you possibly score on the best keeper in the premiership, Brad Guzan?

The immobile force meeting the unremarkable object

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Jozy is anything but unremarkable

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
no he's the immobile force

too fat to move + always on the ground

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Four goals, that's all I wanted. Four. You useless shitbag even central defenders occasionally bag 4 in a season.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

a quick search for "altidore" on twitter brings up some enlightening findings

Talksport presenter adrian durham wonders

@talkSPORTDrive 28 Dec
- Honestly, Jozy Altidore. Seriously? What an agent he's got

American Juan has a different view though...

@ElChosenJuan94 13h
- Gotta love how even in just 22 mins of play Altidore does fine and creates many chances, and yet has "fans" blaming him for the loss. Myopic

Sunderland fan rob sees it differently though

@robc304 11h
- These people retweeting Altidore creating 4 chances,gently caress me man just give up on football

Also check out http://talksport.com/football/court..._medium=twitter at 7.05 for Graham Courtney, talkSPORT's man in the north east take on the whole altidore situation .

"I don't know why he continues to play Altidore," Courtney said, speaking on Extra Time. "He is getting worse. He really is."

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Altidore also searches for his name. Some angry mackem tweeted about how he'd like to see Altidore get a move to LA Galaxy and then

https://twitter.com/JozyAltidore/status/418445450627547138

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

Altidore also searches for his name. Some angry mackem tweeted about how he'd like to see Altidore get a move to LA Galaxy and then

Fantastic to see he's really behind sunderland in their relegation battle time of need.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

IIRC someone said earlier that he would outscore Nicklas Bendtner this season, but that doesn't seem likely tbh. Even he has managed to get two league goals despite barely playing.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Peter Crouch, Charlie Adam, Oussama Assaidi and Stephen Ireland. Just some of the luminaries currently ahead of Jozy on league goals.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

euroboy posted:

IIRC someone said earlier that he would outscore Nicklas Bendtner this season, but that doesn't seem likely tbh. Even he has managed to get two league goals despite barely playing.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

St Evan Echoes posted:

Bendtner scored more goals (8) at Sunderland in 28 appearances than Jozy has in all of his Premier League appearances put together.

Jozy Altidore: Shitter than Bendtner.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sunderland are poo poo. Jozy is poo poo. I hope they go down to League 2 where Josmer can maybe find his level.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Sandwolf posted:

Sunderland are poo poo. Jozy is poo poo. I hope they go down to League 2 where Josmer can maybe find his level.

Jozy didn't even find his level in MLS and I think even Guernsey FC would pass on his services.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

euroboy posted:

Yeah my Altibet was him getting 1 more than B52, which unfortunately is the opposite of the standings right now. I didn't expect B52 to get this much playtime or Jozy to be THIS bad

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

It's B23 now btw. A legend reborn.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

The Mash posted:

Yeah my Altibet was him getting 1 more than B52, which unfortunately is the opposite of the standings right now. I didn't expect B52 to get this much playtime or Jozy to be THIS bad
B52 has had pretty much no playtime at all. He's started 1 match and been an occasional sub.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I love reading the bigsoccer thread about jozy it's my guilty pleasures.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I tried to find a list of goal scorers in the Premier League that included Jozy, but even the most inclusive one cut off at two goals.

Jozy only has one (1) goal.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Pissflaps posted:

English football fans can be far more ruthless than the most diehard Red Sox or Packers fans. Jozy just needs to relax and let the comments roll off his back like water on a duck. Only wins and his coaches matter now. Would be good for him to spend time with Howard and Cameron and breathe deeply. Twitter and email live forever. So count to one thousand before responding.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I cant blame Jozy for namesearching himself on twitter, I do the same

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
We should have known all along, after all you can't spell 'Josmer Altidore' without 'Torrid Jasom Lee'

and that's closer to brilliance than anything he'll do on the pitch for the rest of the season so just shut up ok

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Vando posted:

We should have known all along, after all you can't spell 'Josmer Altidore' without 'Torrid Jasom Lee'

and that's closer to brilliance than anything he'll do on the pitch for the rest of the season so just shut up ok

I don't understand this post.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Pissflaps posted:

Post some posts about Jozy from bigsoccer.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Pissflaps posted:

He'd be riding pine behind European superstar Robbie Keane

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
Jozy just needs to wait it out and he'll be the star signing of new club New York City Football Club.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Pissflaps posted:

he's even worse then jason lee, it says it in his own name

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Pissflaps posted:

Jozy

Jozy is shite

He is worse than Jason Lee

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

belgend posted:

Jozy

Jozy is shite

He is worse than Jason Lee

Lol!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knoddus
Oct 30, 2007
Born in a crossfire hurricane
It really is a great scoring chart, but the pictures are starting to show a thinner Jozy, shouldn't it be the other way around?

• Locked thread