Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Score: 36 out of 50

Potential score: 37

Ratings meter:
0-10: Not even NASL level
10-15: Average NASL player
15-20: MLS role player
20-25: MLS starter
25-30: MLS All-Star
30-35: Starter on mid-, low-table EPL side or role player on top team
35-40: A solid starter on a top EPL club
40-45: A legit star player
45-50: Messi, Ronaldo

There is nothing in between 'good in the MLS' and 'decent in the Premier League', and Jozy is just two steps below Messi and Ronaldo.

- a professional scout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Thanks for making all of us Americans look just so incredibly stupid espnfc...

edit: can somebody make a similar ranking system for posting? I want to see if I'm the worst poster in TRP

rats off to ya fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 17, 2014

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

rats off to ya posted:

Thanks for making all of us Americans look just so incredibly stupid espnfc...

edit: can somebody make a similar ranking system for posting? I want to see if I'm the worst poster in TRP

You're a two tool poster at best, sorry.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

oliwan posted:

Do European sports writers sound equally dumb to Americans when they write about American sports?

We neatly sidestep that problem by not writing or giving a poo poo about American sports

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Hi, I'm a professional scout and when evaluating centre-forwards I weight "Defense (marking, tackling)" equally to "Finishing"

and then he gives jozy 4 out of 5 for 'defense'. has he ever even filled in for 5 minutes in a defensive position? has he ever even had to man-mark anyone?

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
It was probably a FM scout.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
How can they say that Jozy is "A solid starter on a top EPL club" when in real life he is not even "Starter on mid-, low-table EPL side or role player on top team"?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like that it "isn't a question of whether or not Altidore will make it now", followed by a mention that his stint in Holland was literally his only stint even remotely successful.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

jyrka posted:

How can they say that Jozy is "A solid starter on a top EPL club" when in real life he is not even "Starter on mid-, low-table EPL side or role player on top team"?

I will have you know Sunderland are on the charge to the CL. According to the same ITK immigrants are the worst thing in England and steve bruce has a face like a bag full of smashed crabs.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

bow chicka wow wow posted:

Sunderland can hold MLS to ransom if he scores a couple goals (lol) in the World Cup, that's really the only way they're getting their money back on him IMO

MLS actually just blocked a transfer to Philly for Mo Edu, an actual good American player, the only way big Joze brings football home is on a $100,000 annual salary or less

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Byolante posted:

I will have you know Sunderland are on the charge to the CL. According to the same ITK immigrants are the worst thing in England and steve bruce has a face like a bag full of smashed crabs.

Two out of three ain't bad

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Jozy Altidores classy area falling has secured him a selection for the Sunderland Mackems vs Southampton today.

I'm quite excited.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

This is a good idea

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Dunban posted:

"Can we get the kid some service though?? I'm hoping if Lukaku moves back to Chelsea, Martinez will pick him and get some quality football around the kid. Give him a competent midfield, and Jozy is up there with anyone."

No please don't

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

NeoNaoNeo posted:

No please don't

Jozy falling on his rear end from a high Osman cross 24/7.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

hes fuckin bad

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
This game is a perfect example of how Altidore can't be faulted for his season. How can you succeed when you team can't get you the ball?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Altidore on the Johnson goal is amazing. First he shambles slowly into the area during the buildup taking zero part in the game and when Johnsons shot goes in he looks away in blatant disappointment. What a child.

Every game Altidore starts is 10 vs 11

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Flayer posted:

Altidore on the Johnson goal is amazing. First he shambles slowly into the area during the buildup taking zero part in the game and when Johnsons shot goes in he looks away in blatant disappointment. What a child.

Every game Altidore starts is 10 vs 11

I disagree. His run allowed for Johnson to get that lucky second goal. He took 2 defenders away. He makes runs to the end line and corner and he never gets the ball.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
The announcers durng the game this morning make me laugh. Jozy missing a ball was poor play. Fletcher doing it is unlucky.

They kept criticizing his runs. I as watching him a lot off the ball and he actually makes a lot of runs but his teammates never play it, put it where he isn't going or just loft it up to him. Then everyone boos when he loses a 4v1 aerial battle.

Regardless he needs to work on his body language. It looks like he gives up and yells at his teammates for mistakes. Not goin to get much love that way.

He needs to get out of this situation. The team with never play a passing fluid style with these long ball players.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Monday Bandele posted:

The announcers durng the game this morning make me laugh. Jozy missing a ball was poor play. Fletcher doing it is unlucky.

They kept criticizing his runs. I as watching him a lot off the ball and he actually makes a lot of runs but his teammates never play it, put it where he isn't going or just loft it up to him. Then everyone boos when he loses a 4v1 aerial battle.

Regardless he needs to work on his body language. It looks like he gives up and yells at his teammates for mistakes. Not goin to get much love that way.

He needs to get out of this situation. The team with never play a passing fluid style with these long ball players.

Wrong thread.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

America runs on Dunkin.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Destroy My Sweater posted:

America runs on Dunkin.

I don't think you have any proof that Jozy runs at all tbh

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Adulterous Hitler posted:

This is a good idea

Delicious

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Monday Bandele posted:

Please source your quotes

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I don't want to live in a world where Jozy doesn't not score.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

wheres the chart for his service

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

the chart really helps visualize how poo poo he is, thanks tbp

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Chris Samba who is literally Chris Samba scored more goals as a striker than Jozy has in England.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

lol the lad is absolute tripe

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'd love it if he only manages that 1 goal because it was Chelsea who he embarrassed

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Ponce de Le0n posted:

lol the lad is absolute tripe

Don't be so negative towards tripe.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
He just needs to be in real Madrid so people can ping balls at him that ricochet into the goal while he just stands or lies there like a big fat useless Jozy. With Ronaldo smashing balls off his face I'm sure he could score at least two a season.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
The lad is loving garbage. What a dick.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Von Linus posted:

He just needs to be in real Madrid so people can ping balls at him that ricochet into the goal while he just stands or lies there like a big fat useless Jozy. With Ronaldo smashing balls off his face I'm sure he could score at least two a season.

Its kinda funny the twisted logic of "well if he was in a better team he'd score more" because its the type of argument that you can use on any player and its totally meaningless.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
If jozy scored more the team would be better. The guy is a garbage loving fraud.

A con man fleecing football fans of their money while he swans around in his fancy car earning millions for being a terrible loving literal poo poo garbage loving fraud oval office footballer.

Also I dont think he does any charity work he makes it all up. loving idiot.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Pissflaps posted:

If jozy scored more the team would be better. The guy is a garbage loving fraud.

A con man fleecing football fans of their money while he swans around in his fancy car earning millions for being a terrible loving literal poo poo garbage loving fraud oval office footballer.

Also I dont think he does any charity work he makes it all up. loving idiot.
If Jozy joined Boro, what would your response be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Adulterous Hitler posted:

If Jozy joined Boro, what would your response be?
tut and scold until the lump is sold

• Locked thread