Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

The elf buildings in the LOTR movies had curved gabled roofs, so our elf building must also have curved gabled roofs. How else are people gong to know elves live here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Lonely Virgil posted:

The elf buildings in the LOTR movies had curved gabled roofs, so our elf building must also have curved gabled roofs. How else are people gong to know elves live here?

LOTR movies are the worst thing to happen to fantasy since LOTR.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

ForeverSmug posted:

why

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nah that was the fake lore

this is the REAL lore

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
stream is finished. hope you enjoyed!

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

nah that was the fake lore

this is the REAL lore

$200,000,000

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

rainy day posted:

drat I just turned it on to see a naked Argonian try to (I presume) kill someone.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
there's only so many hours of this bullshit I can take.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

rainy day posted:

gg bg

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
I actually kind of like it. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Seems like it could be a good couch MMO for awhile on PS4.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

GOOCHY posted:

I actually kind of like it. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Seems like it could be a good couch MMO for awhile on PS4.

The problem is that you like mmos

I suggest doing something more productive like suicide

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

GOOCHY posted:

if you pay irl money for teso you deserve everything that comes your way

hopefully cancer

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
Is there a way that I can pay for it with Bitcoin? :goonsay:

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

GOOCHY posted:

:barf:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

So why was your character so skinny rainy day, that seemed really unlike you

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

GOT A EXTRA TITTY posted:

So why was your character so skinny rainy day, that seemed really unlike you

you didnt see my other character

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

rainy day posted:

you didnt see my other character

haha figures

I can never decide how your weird fat animes make me feel

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
did you see mudcrabs

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ForeverSmug posted:

please let me hear more of your incredibly nerdy opinions

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

They're horrible things.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
for a genre about things beyond the realm of possiblity fantasy sure is cut and dry

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

stoutfish posted:

for a genre about things beyond the realm of possiblity fantasy sure is cut and dry

nerds are unimaginative anal-retentive fucks

fantasy is just nerd power fantasy; they can pretend that in another world they'd be slaying monsters and loving elf tits in a week (unlike in this world where nobody understands how great they are)

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i mean gently caress look at dnd

a group of people that can't play pretend without having rules about producing 1d4 shits for every pound of food eaten

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

stoutfish posted:

morrowind wasn't, then bethesda fired everyone who had any kind of creative spark or something, i don't know what the gently caress happened between morrowind and oblivion but dear lord

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
TES is a D&D setting with house rules scabbed on. 100% of the lore is them playing tabletop fantasy and writing down what happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

morrowind was really cool, there's a whole series of lengthy, 4th-wall breaking, philosophical books ingame written by a crazy person

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Fallom posted:

morrowind was really cool, there's a whole series of lengthy, 4th-wall breaking, philosophical books ingame written by a crazy person

Everything cool about Morrowind was very clearly an accident that will never be replicated.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

they had to try real hard to make vikings really loving lame and goofy but by god they did it with skyrim

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fallom posted:

they had to try real hard to make vikings really loving lame and goofy but by god they did it with skyrim

well they were also goofy in morrowind to be fair

SEEN ANY ELVES!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i mean gently caress look at dnd

a group of people that can't play pretend without having rules about producing 1d4 shits for every pound of food eaten

D&D and pooping are cool and fun though.

Unless you mean the forum (obviously).

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

D&D and pooping are cool and fun though.

Unless you mean the forum (obviously).

Also unless you mean like when one of your regular players is all "hey I know a guy who wants to play next week" and you're like "yeah sure man the more the merrier" and then he shows up and he's basically a sphere with a beard attached and the night ends when he sharts himself

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

The White Dragon posted:

Also unless you mean like when one of your regular players is all "hey I know a guy who wants to play next week" and you're like "yeah sure man the more the merrier" and then he shows up and he's basically a sphere with a beard attached and the night ends when he sharts himself

TMI dude

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

TESO needs a mechanic where twenty or thirty players can roll Bosmer and do a wild hunt, permanently turning their characters into deformed monstrosities like in The Thing.

The White Dragon posted:

Obviously you shouldn't do both at the same time.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Why is it when i search for game play video it just links to lovely cutscene videos that dont tell me anything?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

kingcom posted:

Why is it when i search for game play video it just links to lovely cutscene videos that dont tell me anything?

They don't want to ruin the surprise of how great the gameplay is bro

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
It's such a boring loving world, but somehow nerdasses in the game will defend everything about it.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Nothing can kill you. Nothing is risky. Stealth mechanics are retarded. The way you get skills is retarded. NPCs all look like those mods that make everyone "beautiful". I gave the beta a good two hour shot, but it's just another mmo with boring mechanics. It also has the thing that makes world building pointless in MMOs where you and five other "CHOSEN ONES" sit around trying to do the same quest to reinforce the point that nothing you do is meaningful and you are paying money to be a cog in a machine that does nothing. gently caress MMOs forever.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

kingcom posted:

its that bad

neither weed nor alcohol help

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Age of Wushu was a fun MMO because it was broken enough in areas that I went into it looking to play something that tried to be an MMO and ended up different.

Good? No. Fun? Sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
in any given elder scrolls game you could be jumping a billion feet across the map, stealing high level poo poo from the kings castle, or murking around with the dark brotherhood within 15 minutes of play. Within 15 minutes of play in TESO you can feel like you finished some arbitrary fetch quests in WoW and played a TESO combat sim at Universal Studios with a poorly calibrated light-sword.

• Locked thread