Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
morrowinds draw distance was just fine its the ash that made it look small

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Third World Reggin posted:

My draw distance is still poo poo. And it rains constantly in cyrodill where I took those photos so it may just be fog all the time.

So it may not be a lovely game but a game with lovely weather. Neither sounds good

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Know where the best pve is in elder scrolls? In pvp.

We ran around in a group, explored the place, found random events and things that did not reward us, or went into dungeons. It felt like a TES game.

We even went into dungeons and killed players from other teams.

That was fun. We entered a dungeon, found a whirlpool, got sucked in, found a boss guy, killed him, and on the way out found someone from another team, killed them, and left.

Then you go back to the pve zones and oh god is it boring.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Could I also get an invite with Ebonheart goons. It feels odd me being in Dagger Goons while playing as Dunmer. Name is @DiscoInfiva.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

We ran around in a group, explored the place, found random events and things that did not reward us, or went into dungeons. It felt like a TES game.

That was fun. We entered a dungeon, found a whirlpool, got sucked in, found a boss guy, killed him, and on the way out found someone from another team, killed them, and left.

if the game was pvp only it could be passable

except lmbo that relies on subscription numbers and babby casuals dont like pvp games

Dec 26, 2012

that sounds like it has potential

which probably means it was a happy accident and will be patched out pronto

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
this weekend is the last beta im going to stream this poo poo if anyone wants to watch again (you don't)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
thanks for moving this back to the good forum

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
relatively speaking obv

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

relatively speaking obv

gbs best forum

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

rainy day posted:

this weekend is the last beta im going to stream this poo poo if anyone wants to watch again (you don't)

Yes.

Gobblecoque posted:

gbs best forum

Yeah but then Demonius Darkblade's Retrogaming Dungeon was made so its not true anymore.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

kingcom posted:

Yes.

Yeah but then Demonius Darkblade's Retrogaming Dungeon was made so its not true anymore.

does demonius darkblade have any relation to demonius x?

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

kingcom posted:

Yes.

actually ddr is bad

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Did ESO somehow become awesome or is it the same bullshit from the first beta?

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

ded posted:

Did ESO somehow become awesome or is it the same bullshit from the first beta?

i tried to play it but it actually seemed worse this time

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

rainy day posted:

actually ddr is bad

Nah its so good it turned the dnd NEXT thread into the worst place in SA into a cool place about making GBS threads on star citizens and doobie.

rainy day posted:

i tried to play it but it actually seemed worse this time

How is that even possible?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

kingcom posted:

Nah its so good it turned the dnd NEXT thread into the worst place in SA into a cool place about making GBS threads on star citizens and doobie.

How is that even possible?

speaking of does dnd next still look like a disgusting amalgam of 4thed and 3.5ed in a desperate attempt to court the grognards angry that a version of dnd was somewhat playable

i say still despite not paying enough attention to pen and paper games to remember if this is why people think next looks like a poo poo thing

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

Neurolimal posted:

speaking of does dnd next still look like a disgusting amalgam of 4thed and 3.5ed in a desperate attempt to court the grognards angry that a version of dnd was somewhat playable

i say still despite not paying enough attention to pen and paper games to remember if this is why people think next looks like a poo poo thing

im curious about this as well, last time i checked wizards had realized 4e was bad but had no idea why so they ended up putting all the negative aspects of 3e into 4e w/o fixing any of 4e's problems so dnd next just looks like the worst of both worlds

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
everquest next is the only mmo that has interested me out of this entire new crop of crap

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

rainy day posted:

im curious about this as well, last time i checked wizards had realized 4e was bad but had no idea why so they ended up putting all the negative aspects of 3e into 4e w/o fixing any of 4e's problems so dnd next just looks like the worst of both worlds

Its the elder scrolls online of pen and paper rpgs. Its pretty garbage but its kinda fun if you just want to create a character (takes literally a minute) and go on like a fantasy vietnam suicidal comedy dungeon crawl. Preferably a little drunk. Playing it like the developers intend to is terrible because the developers are terrible.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

Zzulu posted:

everquest next is the only mmo that has interested me out of this entire new crop of crap

everquest next is gonna be bad. its minecraft combined w/ an mmo so its going to be hugely repetitive and EQN landmark already has mobile game-style microtransactions in alpha.

that nig hive mind
Mar 16, 2014

by Ralp

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The game is bad and costs $60 and goons are buying it

that nig hive mind
Mar 16, 2014

by Ralp

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

The game is bad and costs $60 + $15/mo and goons are buying it

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
*like a who talking the the grinch*
why hivemind, why? Why did you post that thing, why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Dec 26, 2012

man this thread got twice the love from the goatse fairy

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
If you want an image of the elder scrolls online, Imagine a man, opening his greasy rear end in a top hat, forever

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

If you want an image of the elder scrolls online, Imagine a man, opening his greasy rear end in a top hat, forever

:yum:

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Agrajag posted:

I took a look at a stream of ESO today and everything seems to be in coloured in different shades of brown.
Uhhhh, well it has to run on the consoles doesn't it? Making everything brown is simply common business sense.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Signed up for the beta. Chose the lizardman. Played 20 minutes, most of which were spent finding amazing loot such as "pile of dirt" and "old dirty bone" with the occasional talk to NPC > skip everything they have to say immediately because goddamn who gives a poo poo. Uninstalled. That was the TESO experience for me.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
you'd think, if they're going to doublecharge you for their game, that they'd at least front-load the beginning with really dynamic and exciting intro quests where you armwrestle a dragon or something

nope, its mud from top to bottom

i mean vindictus' tutorial has you climbing a tower and poking at a giant spider, and that was korean grind mmo monster hunter

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Neurolimal posted:

you'd think, if they're going to doublecharge you for their game, that they'd at least front-load the beginning with really dynamic and exciting intro quests where you armwrestle a dragon or something

i mean vindictus' tutorial has you climbing a tower and poking at a giant spider, and that was korean grind mmo monster hunter

But you see if you put in the work of trodding through the beginning crap you will get to the better bits of crap. At least that is what every "gamer" says in response to, "ESO is crap".

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Doflamingo posted:

Signed up for the beta. Chose the lizardman. Played 20 minutes, most of which were spent finding amazing loot such as "pile of dirt" and "old dirty bone" with the occasional talk to NPC > skip everything they have to say immediately because goddamn who gives a poo poo. Uninstalled. That was the TESO experience for me.

TESO is poo poo and all but honestly, how is that any different from a beginning play through of Morrowind or Oblivion minus the tutorial dungeon?

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Cliff Racer posted:

TESO is poo poo and all but honestly, how is that any different from a beginning play through of Morrowind or Oblivion minus the tutorial dungeon?

I wouldn't know, this is literally the only Elder Scrolls game I've played. Doesn't seem like I've been missing much, though!

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

I don't have to imagine as long as you're still posting!!!

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET

Cliff Racer posted:

Can you go on an indiscriminate murdering/stealing rampage in TESO?

Because if not, there's a significant difference.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Krotera posted:

Can you go on an indiscriminate murdering/stealing rampage in TESO?

Because if not, there's a significant difference.

you can't steal anything at all afaik

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neurolimal posted:

Age of Conan did this and I thought it was good

until you left the tutorial isle :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Epic Hamcat posted:

I don't have to imagine as long as you're still posting!!!

lol

hexic posted:

you can't steal anything at all afaik

fuckin' lol

• Locked thread