Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Monolith. posted:

What key site would you all recommend to get this game for cheap(er)? Specifically NA heroic or whatever package gets me all the in game goodies.

20% off from Green Man Gaming may be your best bet.

Edit: That's what I get for getting distracted.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoorWeather
Nov 4, 2009

Don't worry, everybody has those days.
I really just adore the symbolism of even the wreckage of Scarlets dumb drill ship completely flattening what little is left of GW1 Lions Arch.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Double Monocle posted:

So any news on the skins- will you just get 1? Will they be account unlocks?

Cause they are overall good, the hammer is kickin rad but the dagger is comically large for some reason.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready-for-wvw-spring-tournament-2014/

If you complete the WvW season 2 meta, you get a chest that includes tickets. The number of tickets you receive is based upon how your world performs in season 2. 300 tickets are required to purchase a mistforged weapon skin. If Maguuma comes in last place again, no one on Magumma will get a mistforged skin as sixth place only pays out 275 tickets. Instead, you can buy one of the components, then buy another component after the next season occurs, and use the mystic forge to combine them to create a mistforged skin.

I see Maguuma is currently ranked number five, so hopefully we can come in fifth place in gold league or we're all screwed.

If there are any other sources, they have not revealed them.
vvvvvvvvvvvv

GI_Clutch fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 19, 2014

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

GI_Clutch posted:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready-for-wvw-spring-tournament-2014/

If you complete the WvW season 2 meta, you get a chest that includes tickets. The number of tickets you receive is based upon how your world performs in season 2. 300 tickets are required to purchase a mistforged weapon skin. If Maguuma comes in last place again, no one on Magumma will get a mistforged skin as sixth place only pays out 275 tickets. Instead, you can buy one of the components, then buy another component after the next season occurs, and use the mystic forge to combine them to create a mistforged skin.

I see Magumma is currently ranked number five, so hopefully we can come in fifth place in gold league or we're all screwed.

Is this the only source for these tickets?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Why are we in the goddamn gold league still?

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
We're that good.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
Apparently the troll boss in HotW path 1 has been changed to the troll from AC. As in literally the same boss as it drops bags with ascalonian tears.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/HotW-Path-1-Troll-boss

Nuudoru
Mar 1, 2013

This mini is everything I dreamt it would be :allears:

Nuudoru fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 19, 2014

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Isorenieratane posted:

Apparently the troll boss in HotW path 1 has been changed to the troll from AC. As in literally the same boss as it drops bags with ascalonian tears.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/HotW-Path-1-Troll-boss

See? They don't totally ignore dungeons !

(that's a most bizzare and random change though)

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
Someone really likes their copy/paste functions.

The change doesn't really make it much harder if your familiar with the AC troll though, it'll make pubs who aren't used to dodging cry but hes got obvious tells for the big damage moves and you can 'safely' melee him.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Considering the amount of players getting pulled into the assault knights every time at the end of the event, I think this change could cause some rage.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Dugong posted:

Considering the amount of players getting pulled into the assault knights every time at the end of the event, I think this change could cause some rage.

As someone who is pretty awful at this game this change sounds pretty fun. The rage part might come from the hilariousness that it still gives ascolonian tears rather than bear bucks.

daspope
Sep 20, 2006

I don't think anyone else has mentioned it yet, but it looks like they're finally working on that wardrobe function.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/20q8or/datamining_upcoming_features_from_battle_for/

code:
109717_0286 	Your favorite look. Your favorite stats. Build your combination!
109717_0361 	Single-use. Gives you transmutation charges, which can be spent in the wardrobe to change appearance.

daspope fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 19, 2014

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Dugong posted:

That always raises so many questions with me. 'can they not see the warning texture on the floor?' 'do they think they can block it?' 'do they just not care about the damage?'

Maybe I just expect way too much of the average PvE player but this does go a way to explaining most of the other MMOs on the market.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

daspope posted:

I don't think anyone else has mentioned it yet, but it looks like they're finally working on that wardrobe function.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/20q8or/datamining_upcoming_features_from_battle_for/

code:

109717_0286 	Your favorite look. Your favorite stats. Build your combination!
109717_0361 	Single-use. Gives you transmutation charges, which can be spent in the wardrobe to change appearance.

I hope this isn't like everything else that's data mined and never put into place. This game needed a wardrobe at launch. It's probably going to be a gem store thing and per character. Hopefully they will give us several tabs but this is doubtful.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The feature patch must have some decent things in it, wardrobe, scavenger hunt, pvp rewards etc.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
I'd be up for a wardrobe system where you unlock stats (e.g. ascended berserker stats for helmets) for all future helmets on your account, rather than making a single ascended helmet for one character.

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius
Although they've been pretty vague about the upcoming changes to PvP rewards, what they have said would all be consistent with introducing a wardrobe system, so I'd be pretty surprised if that's not what we're getting in the big feature patch. The data-mined strings would be pretty good confirmation of that.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Batham posted:

I'd be up for a wardrobe system where you unlock stats (e.g. ascended berserker stats for helmets) for all future helmets on your account, rather than making a single ascended helmet for one character.

Oh that would be so nice. But it'd cut out of their transmutation stone sales, which doesn't make sense from a business point of view.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
Unless transmutation stones were used to add or remove skins from the wardrobe.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Is there an updated promotion spreadsheet anywhere? Or is there no longer any profit in promotion?

Sprite141 posted:

Oh that would be so nice. But it'd cut out of their transmutation stone sales, which doesn't make sense from a business point of view.

One way of doing it would be that it keeps a running record of every saved skin, but you still need the stones to make them. (besides who doesn't have like 50 xmute stones wasting space in bank)

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Where's the horrible goonmade fanfic I've heard about posted?

ShadowMoo posted:

Is there an updated promotion spreadsheet anywhere? Or is there no longer any profit in promotion?

For most stuff I use this fancy one. For low tier common mats this one seems best. Be sure to check actual prices as gw2spidy can be delayed by a while.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Hey look I found 90% of GW2 players' fashion condensed into a single image.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Do you still need to spend gems to switch servers? I'm on TC and there aren't many guilds I'm seeing doing dungeons/fractals now that I have 3 classes at 80 (thief, guardian, mesmer) and want to just do end game stuff.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

You don't need to switch servers for that. Also tc may be the most populated server in the game these days. But yes is the answer to your question.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The trade-off for the troll was making the boss easier, he has less health and the totems don't come back as often.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Alteisen posted:

The trade-off for the troll was making the boss easier, he has less health and the totems don't come back as often.

Wow, they actually reduced that dude's health? That was the only part of Hotwa 1 I really didn't like, because that last boss was so loving long.

Do you have to kill the dog/icebrood adds around the troll boss now? Or can you still skip?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LtSmash posted:

Where's the horrible goonmade fanfic I've heard about posted?

You'll really have to be more specific, I'm pretty sure that SFD has Fanfiction Fridays.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You'll really have to be more specific, I'm pretty sure that SFD has Fanfiction Fridays.

Nah, we have Fuckball Friday when everyone is mean to Cletus because of his goddman bullshit. Erotic fanfic is an ongoing project, one day Tactius is going to be published.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Then dibs on the concept, I feel as though Fanfiction Friday could go far

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Asura butt shall live on!

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You have no idea... :cry:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Ooh, can we make the first erotic fanfic include Moustache Feelin'?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

J3ng4 posted:

I hope this isn't like everything else that's data mined and never put into place. This game needed a wardrobe at launch. It's probably going to be a gem store thing and per character. Hopefully they will give us several tabs but this is doubtful.

They better get this out quick so that I might play again. God knows how long the supposed make-eles-OP balance update will take, with all the foosball breaks.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Unless you're talking about spvp eles have been numero uno for a long time now.

Alteisen posted:

Oh nice, even though p1 is really short I hate it cause it's so dull.

If you're an asura with the juggernaut get the punk hair!

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 19, 2014

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

They better get this out quick so that I might play again. God knows how long the supposed make-eles-OP balance update will take, with all the foosball breaks.

Eles are awesome, Mr. Gandle "failfucker69" Thorpe, come back and play with us.

vvv Ask Cletus for a spec, he will make you good.

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 19, 2014

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

My ele sure doesn't feel awesome outside of the time I am holding a fiery greatsword.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Mine sure does, doing way more damage and giving out more useful boons than any of the other 7 classes I have at 80. Not to mention WvW meteor showers. :getin:

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
If I'm downed in WvW it's usually because I'm immobilized under a meteor shower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vencja
Feb 27, 2013

Yoink!
Well I sure know which class I'm going to be playing in WvW this season.

• Locked thread