Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly the more I delve into this thing the more i'm just flat out dumbfounded it ran at all, what with the timing tensioner being unhooked when I got it, to no advance, to absolutely hosed up carb linkages, to all of it. And it's only ever left me stranded the one time the ballast resistor failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

SierraEchoBravo posted:

Apparently that thing only lasted a couple feet before grenading one of the motors and the gear box. The video poster (read: father of the year) casually mentions that there were pieces of copper embedded in the seat the kid was sitting on. :stare:
There's also this one that sometimes throws sparks when the gas pedal is depressed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivCx_CKNOZE

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Initial results from today: with the vaccuum advance working and the butterflies adjusted, fuel and idle screws set. Not really any more power, but (hah) low to midrange performance is much improved and so much smoother. It just feels smoother in general. Before it took an act of god to get over about 73mph and anything over that would steadily climb my temp gauge into concerning territory and now it actually just kept pulling until just shy of 90 :neckbeard: temps are noticeably cooler across the board, especially on freeway exiting and hitting stop lights. A good day.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The hamsters needed to breath man.

IronCastKnight
Jul 27, 2013
That's just the magic of Honda. Goddamn things are near unkillable, as exemplified by my t-boned Insight that still drives perfectly.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

SierraEchoBravo posted:

Apparently that thing only lasted a couple feet before grenading one of the motors and the gear box. The video poster (read: father of the year) casually mentions that there were pieces of copper embedded in the seat the kid was sitting on. :stare:

That's............ scary.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
The concept of going 90 in that tiny box scares me.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

13 INCH DICK posted:

Before it took an act of god to get over about 73mph

In case anyone else was curious about this it turns out hurricane-force winds are considered an act of God by most insurance policies.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

veedubfreak posted:

The concept of going 90 in that tiny box scares me.

One of these:

Will do an indicated 105mph (which is funny when the thing is gear limited to ~96mph) downhill with a tailwind along the M45. It's exactly as pants-shittingly terrifying as you'd expect, somehow that air dam on the front didn't do jack squat to stop the car going light at those speeds. Colour me suprised.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Gas door hinge decided today was the day it couldn't go on any longer and sheared off. Due to the unlikely nature of finding a similar door quickly, I repaired the hinge as best I could with a section of coathanger. Aint pretty but it works.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hello new thread title :c00lbert:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
You know, I've never seen John Waters and Steve Buscemi in the same room together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPZmPaHme0

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You know, I've never seen John Waters and Steve Buscemi in the same room together.

Columbo has gotten to the bottom of this mystery for you.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
This thread continues to impress. I wish I could contribute to its Kickstarter.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

jammyozzy posted:

One of these:

Will do an indicated 105mph (which is funny when the thing is gear limited to ~96mph) downhill with a tailwind along the M45. It's exactly as pants-shittingly terrifying as you'd expect, somehow that air dam on the front didn't do jack squat to stop the car going light at those speeds. Colour me suprised.

One of these:

will do 130 on the same chassis, with a 0-60 of around 8.5 seconds. I don't recommend cornering at anything like that speed though. On the bright side, the weight of the engine does keep the front wheels down pretty well.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

13 INCH DICK posted:

Gas door hinge decided today was the day it couldn't go on any longer and sheared off. Due to the unlikely nature of finding a similar door quickly, I repaired the hinge as best I could with a section of coathanger. Aint pretty but it works.

Pigfoot sighted.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

dubzee posted:

Pigfoot sighted.

My coworkers absolutely hate it :v:

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.
You need some new coworkers :)

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 392 days!
Man I never post in AI but this is my favorite thread

You've got somebody in this forum working on Koenigseggs and a thousand-horsepower Corvette, a man who welds manifolds to spit in the eye of god, someone who's put a turbo the size of an island nation into a rattly civic, all kinds of poo poo.

Then there's 13 inch dick, happily scribbling in his notebook "minor victory today: barbed wire on the steering wheel is rusting off. feel like the car is getting too reliable, might have to buy a new one soon."

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

13 INCH DICK posted:

Smart man. Pissing off co-workers whilst appeasing the girlfriend? Win-win.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
How could anyone hate that thing? It's loving awesome.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Still need eyebrows.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

13 INCH DICK posted:

That is one awesome color of tool box. If my coworker had a primus looking pig on his tool box I would pet it every day.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

Wolfsbane posted:

One of these:

will do 130 on the same chassis, with a 0-60 of around 8.5 seconds. I don't recommend cornering at anything like that speed though. On the bright side, the weight of the engine does keep the front wheels down pretty well.

One of these:

Will do about 85 mph if the sunroof is closed and the road is level. And I even lived to tell the tale!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hit my emblems with some cheap paint just to try and make them a little more readable.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Cakefool posted:

Still need eyebrows.

Seriously. I could prolly walk into that shop and put them on if he refuses to.......

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Negromancer posted:

Seriously. I could prolly walk into that shop and put them on if he refuses to.......

Please, do.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The pig is probably going to end up kidnapped and sent on a round-the-world goony adventure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

The pig is probably going to end up kidnapped and sent on a round-the-world goony adventure.

It should be like a chain letter. Everyone gets a week with the pig.

And then a year later half a dozen goons reveal they hosed the pig.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Rhyno posted:

It should be like a chain letter. Everyone gets a week with the pig.

And then a year later half a dozen goons reveal they hosed the pig made a deposit.

:gonk:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Felt the car needed something.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
:patriot: The center image needs to be a Black Widow, though. I'll be on the lookout at the dollar stores.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Want to trade up to a slightly larger old civic?

1982 Honda Civic Wagon - $1095 (kirkland)

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
That pig looks like something from a Primus video.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Rectal Placenta posted:

That pig looks like something from a Primus video.

I'll just leave this here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtffv9bpB-U

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Someone broke into my loving garage last night and stole the GF's bikd, my leather jacket, a box of DVDs, my bluepoint multimeter, and my loving spider shift knob. Doors were all closed this morning but noticed my car door was hanging open and then found it all missing.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
WTF!
Does the complex have any sort of security!

It's a terrible feeling when your things go missing, been there done that.
(sounds like dumbass kids considering the things that were taken)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

13 INCH DICK posted:

Someone broke into my loving garage last night and stole my loving spider shift knob.

That's hosed up. Renter's insurance? How do you protect irreplaceable property? At least you still have the pig.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

13 INCH DICK posted:

Someone broke into my loving garage last night and stole the GF's bikd, my leather jacket, a box of DVDs, my bluepoint multimeter, and my loving spider shift knob. Doors were all closed this morning but noticed my car door was hanging open and then found it all missing.

Wow that is loving terrible, what the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

God thats lovely, people are assholes :(

• Locked thread