Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Ularg posted:

Never seen that sight before. Who knew Battlefield players were filled with anime and embarrassing attempts at "sexy" emblems.

It's the worst. There's always a million recolors of the same stupid ~sexy~ emblems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Dvsilverwing posted:

When a goon joins your match and turns out to be a bush wookie. :sigh:

Don't be hater, sometimes you just gotta scratch that itch.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011

WirelessPillow posted:

I don't understand all these "Never Run" rules, I get that one of the better ways to play shooters is to walk when not in combat, but sometimes you need to run from A to B to get to your team.

Making running a ban issue is retarded.
Yikes, don't bother with those servers. It isn't worth entertaining that poo poo.
Also can't servers like that be reported? DICE/EA's terms might not allow for stuff like that, since it deviates too far from the experience they want to sell.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Kachunkachunk posted:

Yikes, don't bother with those servers. It isn't worth entertaining that poo poo.

Especially if they have Second Assault maps in the rotation. Points on some of those are really spread out.

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal
I finally get a mic and get it working, and for the first time ever there is literally nobody on the mumble.

Thanks for the suggestion of the mic, DoctorStrangeLove.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I really wish they wold make the hand held smoke grenade a little less useless. Up the smoke and time it's deployed or somethig

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Rolling Scissors posted:

For the cost of BF4 + Premium you could get:

http://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1361

Dongle included!
Don't forget the sub-Battlefield 1942 graphics

Sprite Soldiers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVq6VUj_clk

Wait is this using the original Operation Flashpoint/ArmA CWC engine?

They mentioned it on the last Giantbombcast so I can't wait for a quick look

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Arbitrary bullshit rules?
Yes, please!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

mcbexx posted:

Arbitrary bullshit rules?
Yes, please!

I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "did he make nine kills or only eight?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a fragmentation grenade, the most powerful grenade in the world and it will blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Is he allowed to use it yet?" Well, can I, punk?

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal

n0n0 posted:

I finally get a mic and get it working, and for the first time ever there is literally nobody on the mumble.

Thanks for the suggestion of the mic, DoctorStrangeLove.
True to form, my cat ate through the new microphone cable. That didn't last long. Some day, I'll get to talk with other goons.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

n0n0 posted:

True to form, my cat ate through the new microphone cable. That didn't last long. Some day, I'll get to talk with other goons.

:bravo:

I never doubted you.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

n0n0 posted:

Coat the next one with poison.

LambdaZero
Nov 5, 2009

suck it
Just ordered Battlefield 4 because I need a shooter. (For some reason the physical copy was cheaper than a download.) I'll be playing with goons in a week, but I have to ask: How many times am I going to calling bullshit because someone is more deadly at close range with a sniper rifle than with a shotgun? Or how many times am I going to die because someone launched c4 half-way across the map?

I've been playing Black Ops 2 while I'm at my step brother's house, and the amount of times I call major bullshit on the ways I die is astonishing. I mean, I'm not great at the game but drat man. poo poo gets ridiculous sometimes.

Nissir
Apr 23, 2007
Man with no Title
NissirTY could use an LLJK invite, please and thanks.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Soviets posted:

Just ordered Battlefield 4 because I need a shooter. (For some reason the physical copy was cheaper than a download.) I'll be playing with goons in a week, but I have to ask: How many times am I going to calling bullshit because someone is more deadly at close range with a sniper rifle than with a shotgun? Or how many times am I going to die because someone launched c4 half-way across the map?

The game is mostly bullshit. The trick is to enjoy eating poo poo. Also, put c4 on everything.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Cardboard Box A posted:

Don't forget the sub-Battlefield 1942 graphics

Sprite Soldiers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVq6VUj_clk

Wait is this using the original Operation Flashpoint/ArmA CWC engine?

They mentioned it on the last Giantbombcast so I can't wait for a quick look

Sim rear end sim games don't need good graphics. That's how you know it's good.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Nissir, I show you as already having an invitation to Something Went Wrong. Check battlelog and see if it shows up?

LambdaZero
Nov 5, 2009

suck it

Raphus C posted:

The game is mostly bullshit. The trick is to enjoy eating poo poo. Also, put c4 on everything.

Guess I should have expected that answer. Doesn't matter, it's still an upgrade over Black Ops 2.

Nissir
Apr 23, 2007
Man with no Title
Weird, looks like I am now in it, thanks.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Soviets posted:

I've been playing Black Ops 2 while I'm at my step brother's house, and the amount of times I call major bullshit on the ways I die is astonishing. I mean, I'm not great at the game but drat man. poo poo gets ridiculous sometimes.

I mean, hit reg can sometimes be wonky, but you will rarely have those CoD sniper-beats-shotgun moments. There will be times you are completely outmatched, like when rolling as Assault and a tank shows up you have to hide or die.

Also, Origin has the game on sale for like half price, how was physical cheaper?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
A friend and I are assignment cheesing on the following server if anyone wants to join:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/22542960-df59-4cf1-95c9-bf0ae37bd2f5/blabla-4netplayers/

LambdaZero
Nov 5, 2009

suck it

Lazyfire posted:

I mean, hit reg can sometimes be wonky, but you will rarely have those CoD sniper-beats-shotgun moments. There will be times you are completely outmatched, like when rolling as Assault and a tank shows up you have to hide or die.

Also, Origin has the game on sale for like half price, how was physical cheaper?

Awesome. That's what I needed to know.

To be honest, I completely forgot Origin was a thing. I never used it until now, so I went to other non-Steam places. Amazon had the download at 39.99, and a physical copy for the PC at 29.99. Either way, it's not a huge deal. I've got finals coming up and the later I actually get the game, the later I get hugely distracted.

It's your LP that made me buy this game, by the way. So thanks for giving me a new thing to be awful at.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

n0n0 posted:

Seriously, who has a cat that eats through stuff? I recently had to teach a puppy not to chew up my 75foot ethernet cable that keeps my PC wired.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Grondoth posted:

Sim rear end sim games don't need good graphics. That's how you know it's good.
Pretty sure VBS2 has better graphics than that. Also no doom-era sprite people.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

So now that naval strike is out what's the consensus on premium? I've started playing the game again and some more map variety sounds nice.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Ularg posted:

Seriously, who has a cat that eats through stuff? I recently had to teach a puppy not to chew up my 75foot ethernet cable that keeps my PC wired.

My ex's cat chewed on my X-Box 360 power cable. Tiny little teeth marks all over it.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Lazyfire posted:

I mean, hit reg can sometimes be wonky, but you will rarely have those CoD sniper-beats-shotgun moments.
And if you do, you'll get kill-traded anyway.

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:
I spent a map tk'ing wookies who were 500 miles from any flags with supply crates as commander.
Does this make me a horrible person?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Catpants McStabby posted:

I spent a map tk'ing wookies who were 500 miles from any flags with supply crates as commander.

Yes, it makes them horrible people. Good job, commander!

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Catpants McStabby posted:

Only if you didn't announce it and then poo poo talk the friendly wookies afterwards. We watched one commander do that and then promise to keep doing it for as long as they stayed away from the flags.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I'm a shaaaaaark
suck my diiiiiick
I'm a SHAAAAAARK

It's 2:15am and I'm pretty tired, so that guy freaked me out for a second.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Ularg posted:

When I first got kittens, I left the mistake of leaving them in a room with my electronic drum set. RIP in peace drum set cords.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

mcbexx posted:

I'm a shaaaaaark
suck my diiiiiick
I'm a SHAAAAAARK

It's 2:15am and I'm pretty tired, so that guy freaked me out for a second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_IFymXS9o

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Soviets posted:

It's your LP that made me buy this game, by the way. So thanks for giving me a new thing to be awful at.

That's always really cool to hear.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Soviets posted:

To be honest, I completely forgot Origin was a thing. I never used it until now, so I went to other non-Steam places. Amazon had the download at 39.99, and a physical copy for the PC at 29.99. Either way, it's not a huge deal. I've got finals coming up and the later I actually get the game, the later I get hugely distracted.

To expand on your specific concern, BF4 uses a locational damage system. Headshots at close range will always kill but the only other way to kill someone in a single shot at close range with a sniper rifle is to hit them in the chest. There's even a defence against that, as well. Without getting too long winded there are various perk trees for each you can gradually unlock and select and which level up through 4 different perks with the gain of squad points in an individual game, and you always get level 1. The level 1 perk of the perk tree that all classes get at the start reduces chest damage by 10%. With that on, a sniper rifle will bring you to incredibly low health but won't kill you.

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.

Clevermuldoon posted:

So now that naval strike is out what's the consensus on premium? I've started playing the game again and some more map variety sounds nice.

If you're going to get any DLC at all, just go ahead and get premium. As a bonus you get all the premium items, access to pre-patch hilarity, and 40 layers ooooh.

Recently I've been playing aggressive GOL wookie more. I should feel shame but making heads explode is so satisfying. :ohdear:

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Soviets posted:

Lazyfire (Broman Jenkins) is the coolest motherfucker and you should play with him as much as possible,

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Soviets posted:

That sucks, cause it's $24.99 straight from origin right now.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

tehinternet posted:

Lazyfire (Broman Jenkins) is the coolest motherfucker and you should play with him as much as possible,

Speaking of cool people to play with, when do you get back?

Also, I miss Openlayer and his sexy, sexy Scottish voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Tasoth posted:

Speaking of cool people to play with, when do you get back?

Also, I miss Openlayer and his sexy, sexy Scottish voice.

Gav has been sucked into Day Z, much as I will be for a good minute.

I'll be back in early May. Boy do I have some stories for you; you could listen to our lovely poo poo podcast if you want to hear some of them.

• Locked thread