Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Vintersorg posted:

Is this some compromised FB account thing? I dont think my cousin who posted it has ever wrote a status like this.

Someone's taking Facebook way too seriously. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Someone on my feed who usually is pretty awesome posted this today:

Goddamnit.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

taiyoko posted:

Goddamnit.

Well, there is an argument to be made for over-diagnosis (which is where I thought that was going at first), especially in kids, but implying all mental health problems are made up is pretty terrible, yeah.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Orgophlax posted:

Well, there is an argument to be made for over-diagnosis (which is where I thought that was going at first), especially in kids, but implying all mental health problems are made up is pretty terrible, yeah.

It's an argument for homeopathy straight up. Guarantee you this person believes weed cures cancer and I'll give you good odds on crystal healing too. The concept of over-diagnosis is a bit much for your average idiot on Facebook.

What amazes me is these people are often times very close to an actual good point (the war on drugs isn't working and treating addicts like criminals doesn't help anyone) and then jump the tracks and go plowing through a station full of crazy (doctors are intentionally pushing meds on us maaaaaan).

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

taiyoko posted:

Goddamnit.

What the gently caress kind of point is Max Emum trying to make?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Double Plus Good posted:

What the gently caress kind of point is Max Emum trying to make?

That the house wife, who is also an addict, isn't labeled one since her drugs were legit prescribed by a doctor, regardless of how it was acquired.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011
Also, don't try and make sense of stoners on hitler day, it's pointless.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

Orgophlax posted:

That the house wife, who is also an addict, isn't labeled one since her drugs were legit prescribed by a doctor, regardless of how it was acquired.

Is the "pull her skirt up" part supposed to refer to getting prescriptions in exchange for sexual favors? Do these people think that that's how people get drugs for things they don't need, rather than just lying about their symptoms? It's like the usual anger toward overprescribed prescription drugs diatribe with a weird "loving sluts :argh:" thrown in.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
I thought it had something to do with female hysteria.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Well, as any woman will tell you, when we go to the doctor they examine us through our vaginas and assholes. MY doc tells me it's the only way to get an accurate assessment of our temperature, blood pressure, sugar and spice levels, and to make sure our lady juice is well stocked.

Thanks for reading!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Arguably ADD/ADHD isn't even overdiagnosed, because plenty of people who do suffer from it never get diagnosed because they manage to present like they don't have it even if they're struggling, don't report it to a doctor/family because they're afraid they won't be believed, are discouraged from getting treatment by anti-psychology nutjobs, just plain can't afford mental health care, etc. Saying overdiagnosed instead of misdiagnosed or falsely diagnosed implies that everyone who really has it can/does get help for it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Someone posted this link on facebook:
http://www.gurl.com/2014/04/22/common-phrases-offensive-mean/

I need to make a serious point here, time to break out my collection of gif disappointment to help me out, also

quote:

(Note: if you DO suffer from some of the illnesses mentioned below, these don’t apply to you!)

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

"Greta" is my younger brother and only sibling. He's studying criminal justice/law enforcement/whatever it's called. He's basically my political polar opposite. The "no real justification" especially made my stomach churn. What can I point his way?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Someone posted this link on facebook:
http://www.gurl.com/2014/04/22/common-phrases-offensive-mean/

I need to make a serious point here, time to break out my collection of gif disappointment to help me out, also

I find it ironic that they describe calling something gay as lame and then in the next point criticize the use of retarded.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

"Greta" is my younger brother and only sibling. He's studying criminal justice/law enforcement/whatever it's called. He's basically my political polar opposite. The "no real justification" especially made my stomach churn. What can I point his way?

http://benswann.com/nypd-twitter-mynypd-campaign-goes-horribly-wrong/

The original role of the police was (and remains to be) protecting private property. Once the commons became private and people started the process of urbanization, the cops were necessary to ensure "social control", which didn't mean maintaining the safety of the working class public from murderers and rapists if you know what I mean. :eng101:

Also if you want a really tragic police brutality story, look up the murder of Charles McGillivary in Toronto.

computer angel has a new favorite as of 01:36 on Apr 23, 2014

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

I know the red box person and she's as loving stupid as this picture suggests.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

bucksmash posted:

I know the red box person and she's as loving stupid as this picture suggests.

"embarass 'you're' rear end..." :ironicat:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
That is literally the best thing to come out of the NYPD in years.
:cop:"Post pictures of you with the NYPD"
"ACAB Kill all cops" https://twitter.com/VICE/status/458724788085616640/photo/1

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Royal W posted:

"embarass 'you're' rear end..." :ironicat:

To be fairer than is fair, Red was clearly mocking Black.

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

DoctorWhat posted:

To be fairer than is fair, Red was clearly mocking Black.

You give Red far, far too much credit. This is the same person who posted about keying her ex's car, then got mad at everyone who suggested she delete her post because talking about your crimes online is retarded.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I don't think he's entirely off base, I know lots of cops who genuinely try and do a good job, and it's certainly an important part of our society as it stands. Not that police brutality isn't serious, however.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Austrian mook posted:

I don't think he's entirely off base, I know lots of cops who genuinely try and do a good job, and it's certainly an important part of our society as it stands. Not that police brutality isn't serious, however.

Every time a cop or some cops do some hosed up poo poo, the police department in question comes out with a public statement that says they're just a couple of bad apples. They say this as if to make you think they don't know the second half of that idiom, but they know. They literally admit that the entire police force is spoiled every time some bullshit happens.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
My uncle went into the police force a relatively well-adjusted person, and is now a social-Darwinist holocaust-denier who believes that black people are genetically inferior. I dunno if he was just suppressing it or he learned it at work, but it doesn't reflect well on the department.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

It may only be 2-5% of police being shitholes, but the fact that they are institutionally protected and that the good ones never do much to stop or change the system (or get spanked if they do) means gently caress the police as a general institution.
This lack of institutional integrity coupled with a history of brutality, incompetence, criminal activity and an Us vs. Them system of self believed superiority (a cop believes he is better/more valuable/special than you citizen.) is a simple explanation for why people hate the police.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I like the police. I'm white and they uphold my values and protect me from villainous urbans

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Why the hell would you try to reconnect with your ex in youtube comments?

"We're in the same soul group"

"BB O my odin"

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
The Google+/Youtube merger seems to be producing some hilarious results.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

nippythefish posted:

The Google+/Youtube merger seems to be producing some hilarious results.

Imagine if you got posts like we get here with personal arguments going on for pages between people on Facebook, except interspersed are random strangers shouting "FAKE AND GAY"

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Modern Day Hercules posted:

Every time a cop or some cops do some hosed up poo poo, the police department in question comes out with a public statement that says they're just a couple of bad apples. They say this as if to make you think they don't know the second half of that idiom, but they know. They literally admit that the entire police force is spoiled every time some bullshit happens.

Of all the complaints to raise against cops you're going with semantics?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Segmentation Fault posted:

Imagine if you got posts like we get here with personal arguments going on for pages between people on Facebook, except interspersed are random strangers shouting "FAKE AND GAY"
Teens Migrating From Facebook To Comments Section Of Slow-Motion Deer Vide

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

NotAnArtist posted:

I like the police. I'm white and they uphold my values and protect me from villainous urbans

I like the police because something civilization something :shrug:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The concept of police isn't terrible. We just suck rear end at the execution.

In social media news, Justin Bieber decided to post a picture of himself at a shrine in Japan. Unfortunately for him, his dumbass chose the Yasukuni Shrine where some of the worst war criminals from WWII are enshrined.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

In social media news, Justin Bieber decided to post a picture of himself at a shrine in Japan. Unfortunately for him, his dumbass chose the Yasukuni Shrine where some of the worst war criminals from WWII are enshrined.

The comments are priceless

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Please keep Mr. Bieber. I breathed a sigh of relief when the petition to deport him at change dot org was passed over by the white house, despite some 270k signatures.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Lol at "say sorry in Chinese"

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I bet you he asked someone which shrine he should go to and they trolled the poo poo out of him. That's the only way I can think that out of the billion shrines in Japan he manages to pick that specific one.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Modern Day Hercules posted:

I bet you he asked someone which shrine he should go to and they trolled the poo poo out of him. That's the only way I can think that out of the billion shrines in Japan he manages to pick that specific one.

"Truly inspiring to be able to come here. [War criminal] was a great guy. Hopefully he would have been a belieber,"

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Shannonmcn posted:

Lol at "say sorry to Chinese"

fixed

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Bieber goes to Bitburg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Looks like somebody's agent is getting fired, unless this is a controversy generation type dealie. Pissing off most of East Asia is going to be a lot of publicity.

• Locked thread