Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Good Citizen posted:

it's really more a muffia than a cartel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

A while ago someone posted this long run-on sentence about something or other (I think it was just an E/N post about stuff that had been happening in their life) and another poster commented that it sounded like a verse of "Blinded by the Light" which it absolutely did. Does anyone have that quote?

The only two things I remember is that it was Fool of Sound that posted the second bit and that it was in a previous quotes thread.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I think someone asked for it earlier in this thread too, or maybe the Quote/Coat/Goats thread. Aren't archives still down though?

edit: PopeCrunch posted the original sentence in some LP thread.

edit again: found it

fool of sound has a new favorite as of 18:58 on May 8, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

blk posted:

Counselor: OK, for our next session I want you to think of a totem that symbolizes who you are - some object, icon or picture.

Me: OK

*later*

Counselor: OK, did you choose a totem?

Me: Yes, I chose Concorde.

Counselor: The plane? Why's that?

Me: We both spend more money than we make, both can't see past the end of our nose, the 1% ride on our backs, we both like to go fast and we both have a drinking problem. :v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

fool_of_sound posted:

I think someone asked for it earlier in this thread too, or maybe the Quote/Coat/Goats thread. Aren't archives still down though?

edit: PopeCrunch posted the original sentence in some LP thread.

edit again: found it

Archives are broken :confused:

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Because juice is literally magic. Apparently. I don't know, I know people who religiously juice all sorts of stuff because reasons and nutrients. A lot of it goes back to wellness centers and stuff like "this particular blend of juices will cure X ailment and rebalance Y thing." It comes down to marketing; juice companies managed to convince people that juice is magic so a lot of people have glommed onto it.

Darth Freddy posted:

So the fact that I like V8 juice means that I will never get sick or get cancer?

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

*bops a terminal, nearly skeletal kid on his deathbed*

Could'a had a V8!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Silly things you say to your pet when no one is around.

Slugworth posted:

Everything in this thread, basically. Ridiculously convoluted and constantly evolving pet names, full blown conversations, and non stop singing about the wiggliness of their butts, or how Dottie is the dottiest Dotty that ever dottied.

And then one day, my girlfriend came inside from smoking and said "you know people outside can hear you, right?"

Whoops.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Travic posted:

Soda is called soda because it contains a Sodium compound (Sodium Bicarbonate).

flakeloaf posted:

I thought it was called that because of the "pop" sound the bottles made when you opened them.

cowboythreespeech posted:

No, people just use the brand name to refer to any kind.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mans posted:

You know how there's this conspiracy theory that the United States, Saudi Arabia and Russia are all agreeing on not actually doing anything serious on Iraq and Syria because the civil wars are dragging an incredible amount of Jihadists into that area to be properly spied on via satelite and die like dogs by the thousands, meaning less Taliban in Afghanistan, less fundamentalists competing with Arabia's nutcase of a Sheikdom and less Chechens willing to blow themselves up in Moscow (preferring Allepo's Mediterranean weather)?

the fashion thread does to bad fashion what middle eastern civil wars do to islamic fundamentalists

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Cream-of-Plenty just totally surprised me with a clever turn of phrase.

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's ridiculous, who even pronounces sword as sword anyway :shrug:

omg chael crash posted:

I say sword, don't know about you people. Might be an East Coast thing.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I say "s-word" because swords are a taboo concept in my culture.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

dromal phrenia posted:

if koos is made admin i will probably post 'the koos is loose' a lot fyi

Just something to think about Mr. Kyanka.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Cygni posted:

< Message:[F-serve active! Type "!killme" for access! Unlimited leech! Sharing thousands of hot hot soul crushing pics of your ex significant others in deep relationships with other people, your racist uncle implying Obama was born in North Korea, and a literal neverending supply of engagement and baby pictures to make you feel even more alone!] - SysReset2.45

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i get a kick out of shooing futurewife out of the kitchen because i'm the cook and the kitchen is man's work and no place for a lady (as evidenced by the overwhelming majority of elite chefs being men)

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

whats more manly than knives fire and dead animals?

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

loving another dude

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
REQUESTING A QUOTE

something something Parisian catacombs something something nigga have you tried LSD

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

REQUESTING A QUOTE

something something Parisian catacombs something something nigga have you tried LSD

Triticum Guzzler posted:

its really amazing how the actions of goons and mods are so freaking far beyond the pale that its actually impossible for a bystander to believe.

proposal: i am going to make an environmentally sustainable yoga retreat in hawaii

reality: a y2k survivalist paid goons a "food stipend" to help me clearcut a rainforest, dig a road by hand, torture and mutilate animals to death on camera, and bathe in/drink from an improperly filtered kiddy pool that wild hogs poo poo and pissed in

proposal: i am going to make a fun zipline for kids at camp

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident

proposal: a fad diet thread in the exercise forum

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins.

proposal: a thread about animal husbandry in the pet forum

reality: a moderator unrepentantly killed animals with ac/dc hadoukens and probated people who asked questions

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction"

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Anyone have a link to the PI one? I'd heard of all the others but that one still managed to surprise me.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Jesus Christ, did those things happen in meatspace? How?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

door Door door posted:

Anyone have a link to the PI one? I'd heard of all the others but that one still managed to surprise me.

I don't have a quote but, IIRC, one of the PI mods left a bird over a heater overnight and it died and then they probated people after posting about it.

weird
Jun 4, 2012

by zen death robot

Mighty Stalker posted:

Snoop Dog had been shooting up so much that when they recorded his new album he had to be propped up on one of those Hannibal Lecter things. When they held up the microphone to his face for him, Snoop dog instinctively started singing "smoke weed everyday" in a low monotone voice. After about 20 minutes, snoop dog nodded off into a junk induced coma. The recording studio autotuned it anyway, note for tortured note.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs

Triskelli posted:

The internet makes you stupid.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Triskelli posted:

All of them literally happened except the last one which is slightly exaggerated in that the skeleton was actually someone who was still alive but physically resembled a skeleton.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I've heard about one and two, but never in detail.

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo

cock hero flux posted:

All of them literally happened except the last one which is slightly exaggerated in that the skeleton was actually someone who was still alive but physically resembled a skeleton.

The FYAD thread dedicated to following the Low Carb megathread is, post for post, completely quotable.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Effectronica posted:

jesus could kill you with a touch, being the first fist of the north star

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Squirrel Burger posted:

The FYAD thread dedicated to following the Low Carb megathread is, post for post, completely quotable.
Dear Friend,

Hello! I am very sorry that you are reading this page right
now instead of posting hilarious comedy on the internet.
I'm sure this issue will resolve itself soon.
Thanks,

SA Support Robot

:(

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Kavak posted:

I've heard about one and two, but never in detail.
A goon tried to build a zipline for a summer camp but built it with such a steep downslope on it that it was less a zipline and more a railgun that fired children.

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Dear Friend,

Thanks,

SA Support Robot

Looks like the whole site is hosed up, I can't even access YLLS.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

TetsuoTW posted:

A goon tried to build a zipline for a summer camp but built it with such a steep downslope on it that it was less a zipline and more a railgun that fired children.

It was a zipline that fired children directly at giant wooden posts that he wanted to wrap in mattresses to cushion their impact.

Raskolnikov38 has a new favorite as of 06:53 on May 10, 2014

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.

Squirrel Burger posted:

Looks like the whole site is hosed up, I can't even access YLLS.

yeah heads up, if you have archives and you used that little dropdown bar to change years on a board, you won't be able to access any board until you log out and back in.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs

HOW COULD YOU posted:

yeah heads up, if you have archives and you used that little dropdown bar to change years on a board, you won't be able to access any board until you log out and back in.

Did this, still broken.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Dear Friend,

Thanks,

SA Support Robot

If you search for the thread URL, you can still view Google's cached versions of old threads. It's not perfect since you can only see a few pages, but it's something.

cock hero flux posted:

If it's the poster I think you're talking about, she's probably an actual skeleton by now since it was pretty obvious her addiction was going to kill her and last I heard she hasn't posted in very long time.

Kimmalah has a new favorite as of 20:17 on May 10, 2014

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It was a zipline that fired children directly at giant wooden posts that he wanted to wrap in mattresses to cushion their impact.
Jesus, I keep forgetting just how thoroughly retarded that whole thing was.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Meursault Horny posted:

That poo poo looks Treepunk as hell

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Kimmalah posted:

If it's the poster I think you're talking about, she's probably an actual skeleton by now since it was pretty obvious her addiction was going to kill her and last I heard she hasn't posted in very long time.
She hasn't posted since February and she was slamming dirty junk into her muscles because her veins were all ruined. She's probably fine.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

She hasn't posted since February and she was slamming dirty junk into her muscles because her veins were all ruined. She's probably fine.

WELL IF ONLY SHE HAD TAKEN A TON OF LSD SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE

obviously man

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I don't know, I don't exactly follow TCC and last post I saw was from last June or something. :shrug:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Kimmalah posted:

Yes, her. A former mod told her to try LSD to get off her addiction, and that rehab was bad.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Someone's gonna have to post a breakdown of each of those you guys

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Honestly surprised the goon who convinced other goons that rubbing cum on your face acts as a pheromone to attract women isnt on there. Other goons willingly lathered their faces up with spunk and tried to chat up women. however i've never actually seen the thread this happened in does anyone have a link to it, at this point i think its probably a joke right?

Something that definitely happened was, proposal: a mod challenge to poo poo on a dreamcast

Reality: goons don't believe the op, they think he just poured beans on a dream cast so scores of goons set about showing him how its really done and begin submitting nintendos and ps2s full of poo poo to the thread, goons even begin cumming on remote controls, another begins blowing them up.

Ponce de Le0n has a new favorite as of 00:58 on May 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Something that definitely happened was, proposal: a mod challenge to poo poo on a dreamcast

Reality: goons don't believe the op, they think he just poured beans on a dream cast so scores of goons set about showing him how its really done and begin submitting nintendos and ps2s full of poo poo to the thread, goons even begin cumming on remote controls, another begins blowing them up.

If I'm not mistaken, that's the thread in which someone lost a fingat.

• Locked thread