Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Boba Phat posted:

...and whoever the Seahawks end up cutting. Welcome to Florida, Sidney Rice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UcVtuwcKOo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

If he can get over his injuries he can be pretty good. He just struggled a lot in the 3-4 but was a good 4-3 MLB.

lol the falcons just switched to a 3-4.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

the gently caress is Patty Griffin

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

commy gun posted:

Can't be worse than Kathy Griffin.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Can't be worse than Kathy Griffin.

I hope Robert takes that challenge this year

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Just the tip?

Beat me to it, so here's a work safe illustration

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

commy gun posted:

y'all motherfuckers need some class

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Is Jacksonville really going with Toby Gerhart as the feature back this year. This has to be one of those things where he starts off and gets gently caress all YPC and shits the bed right? Didn't he do pretty much nothing, anywhere for the start of his career.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
In other depressing Jacksonville news, consistently useful WR Ace Sanders has been suspended for 4 games for 'Undisclosed Reasons'. I'm going to imagine it's for his clandestine off-season CIA sting operations against the Cholo. That's gotta violate some contract.

edit: gently caress Benne covered that already, sorry.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 23, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo!

My long national nightmare is over.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Grittybeard posted:

They've already given up on big free agents as an organization if you believe the company line (until they need another quarterback at least).

You're also forgetting Justin Houston there.

This is what pretty much all consistently good franchises do so I wouldn't be too upset about it tbh

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers signed Danny Woodhead to a two year extension, keeping him in San Diego through the 2016 season.

San Diego signed Donald Brown to a three year deal earlier in the offseason, and will be here through 2016 as well.

This is the last year of Ryan Mathews' rookie deal.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

My long national nightmare is over.

According to this article it's been over for a few years

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
back in v2 i was one a them no-click ni--but we've all grown much more mature since then

Except me, im not clicking that link

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

According to this article it's been over for a few years

There's a big difference in having it confirmed.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

This Is A Browns Fan Pissing On Art Modell's Grave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrs08bp-2i4

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet

BlindSite posted:

Is Jacksonville really going with Toby Gerhart as the feature back this year. This has to be one of those things where he starts off and gets gently caress all YPC and shits the bed right? Didn't he do pretty much nothing, anywhere for the start of his career.

He was backing up this guy named Adrian Peterson who is pretty good so he didn't get many carries. I know this forum likes to laugh at him but he always played fine whenever Peterson got hurt, he has a 4.7ypc career average on 276 carries over his 4 years. I don't think he's going to set the world on fire or anything but I can see why the jags might think he'd be alright in a larger role.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Petite Dinklage posted:

So "texas catheter" is a nice way of saying a tube that lets you piss without getting an indecent exposure charge?

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

BlindSite posted:

His YPC numbers were pretty respectable backing up AP. His career line (276 carries for 1305 yards and 5 TDs) would be a pretty good season if he got that many touches in a single year. He could be a good player, it's just, y'know, they spent a second-round pick on a guy to sit on the bench behind Adrian Peterson.

I mean, I never saw Gerhart do anything in a Bears-Vikings game that made me sit up in my chair, but he looked like a credible power back. I would bet on him going over 1000 yards just from volume, if nothing else - it sounds like they're going to run him like 20 times a game. I think his floor's probably something along the lines of Cedric Benson on the Bengals, and his ceiling might be a halfway decent impression of Michael Turner on the Falcons.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ProfessorGroove posted:

He was backing up this guy named Adrian Peterson who is pretty good so he didn't get many carries. I know this forum likes to laugh at him but he always played fine whenever Peterson got hurt, he has a 4.7ypc career average on 276 carries over his 4 years. I don't think he's going to set the world on fire or anything but I can see why the jags might think he'd be alright in a larger role.

Gerhart is the definition of replaceable and was running into defenses that had just been mauled by a hall of famer.

He won't do poo poo in Jacksonville and they'll struggle to win 5 games with that confederacy of assholes.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

gohuskies posted:

Two Seahawks fans are trying to raise $250k to "Build The Tip":

A conceptual sketch of the statue:

Do they seriously call themselves 12s?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So wait? If the Chiefs don't give Smith a contract. Who the gently caress is going to play QB?

Find out next week on: As The Football Spins

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

A Man and his dog posted:

So wait? If the Chiefs don't give Smith a contract. Who the gently caress is going to play QB?

A lifesize version of an electric football QB

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So the 12th man thing is quickly becoming the most insufferable thing in sports isn't it?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Find out next week on: As The Football Spins

It's an extension. He's already contracted through this year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grozz Nuy posted:

This is what pretty much all consistently good franchises do so I wouldn't be too upset about it tbh

I'd say good franchises tend to develop a quarterback somewhere along the line in any given 30 year period, but yeah I wasn't really complaining too much. Although I will note that this front office had one offseason where they brought in a ton of people and one offseason where they were up against the cap and couldn't do much of anything, so I'm not sure how true that line is for KC yet.

The three headed monster of Chase Daniel, Tyler Bray and Aaron Murray obviously.

Actually Smith's signed through this year and isn't holding out and Daniel's contract is up, so Bray or Murray, whichever one wins the third string job this year. Which is frightening enough to make you want to pay Alex if he'd be at all reasonable.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So the 12th man thing is quickly becoming the most insufferable thing in sports isn't it?

p much yeah

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Patriots fan has NO credibility to call things insufferable.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The best part about the 12s stuff is the Seahawks pay Texas A&M to make it A Thing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

The best part about the 12s stuff is the Seahawks pay Texas A&M to make it A Thing.

And the Seahawks fans who make fun of A&M because of it.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I know hes under contract this year. Was talking next year and pondering the next move by the Chiefs.

Yeah should have drafted Bridgewater....

Oh god, that 12th man dispute poo poo is actually real between Seahawk and A&M fans?!?!

A Man and his dog fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 23, 2014

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Spoeank posted:

All six thousand dollars a year directly to the trademark department whose purpose is to ensure that the legal fiction of it being a unique idea is ongoing.

The Seahawks basically rent the Aggy legal department.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

There are a lot of intriguing QB choices for the Chiefs and Bengals in the next draft, I'm not at all surprised that they're reluctant to extend their current guys. Winston, Mariota, Hundley, Cook, Hogan all could go first round (THIS IS NOT ME MAKING A GUARANTEE SO gently caress U).

The real question will be whether Lovie Smith will pick Alex Smith to run the Bucs in 2015 or Andy Dalton. Alex has that VETERAN MOXIE, he Wins Games, I would say put him in the creamsicles!!

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 23, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Neither the Bengals nor the Chiefs will be bad enough this year to have a shot at a top QB. the Bengals with JP Lossman would win 6 games.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah but I'm saying it runs deep. Sure in eight months we'll probably hate every QB prospect but in the pre-season we love them!!!!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Petite Dinklage posted:

Sorry about those Superbowls.

Not.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted:

Neither the Bengals nor the Chiefs will be bad enough this year to have a shot at a top QB. the Bengals with JP Lossman would win 6 games.

I could see the Chiefs being pretty bad if the O line doesn't come together and the corners and new FS don't work, but yeah it's hard for me to see them being Jameis/whoever ends up being the top QB bad. QfG is right that it looks like there's some depth next year and maybe they'll like a few different guys though.

Unless they have one of the top few picks or Smith plays as bad as Parm thinks he is it would strike me as pretty brave to let Smith walk in free agency not knowing who might fall to you.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hogan will be the guy to watch this year in terms of rising/falling stock because everyone wants him to be in that Luck/Bortles mold but he has not really had the training wheels taken off at Stanford yet and we assume that happens in 2014.

I feel like most teams already have their minds made up about Winston and Mariota at this point and another year won't change a lot for them.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ProfessorGroove posted:

They might see the second coming of Mike Turner in his situation. I remember being impressed with him the few times I got to see him play.

He's probably going to be a fine bell cow back for a few years while they ease Bortles into his comfort zone and draft him some WR's.

Honestly, the similarities between the current Jags and the Falcons ~2008 is scaring the poo poo out of me. Those two ball clubs collude pretty loving hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Toby Gerhart really reminds me of a Brian Leonard, a Danny Woodhead, a Peyton Hillis or a Wes Welker.

• Locked thread