Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Sounds like a mobile game. Probably gonna be like the Injustice mobile game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I don't know guys, the game obviously has great hitsparks so it must be good!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

UNIEL stuff because that Marvel game is gonna be bad.

Here's some midscreen Byakuya combos I put together based on stuff I saw in videos and my own ideas:

5A 5B 5C XX 236A~4A~A~C, Dash C(8 hits) XX 214B~A~A, 2B XX Rekkas [2835 / 3375]
5A 5B 5C XX 236A~4A~A~C, Dash C(8 hits) XX 214B~B~B (whiff j.A), 2B XX Rekkas [2833 / 3373]

5A 5B 5C 2C XX 236A~4A~A~C, 214C~C~B (whiff j.A), 2B XX Rekkas [2857 / 3397]
5A 5B 5C 2C XX 236A~(slight delay)4A~A~C, Dash C(8 hits) XX 214B~B~A, 2B XX Rekkas [2915 /3455]

These are tested and confirmed to work on Hyde, Waldstein, and Linne, although the ones using the B knockdown move out of the Trap Jump special are extremely difficult on her. A couple of these can swap 2C in for the 2B at the end for slightly more damage, but you lose the ability to combo into the 236C super if you do that because they're not knocked as high by the rekkas. Finally, none of these can combo into the 623C super, so if you want to go into that to lay traps afterward, use one of the combos I posted before instead.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQrSY6tzqT4

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

The realest juggle.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Already been known about for over a week and they're in the midst of working on a patch with bug fixes that I imagine will also address that in both arcade and console versions.

It's a sick infinite, though.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

dude anime owns

actually anime blows*

*jojo is an honorary not anime

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Pomp posted:

actually anime blows*

*jojo is an honorary not anime

Likes fighting games. Hates Anime.

someone is lying.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Already been known about for over a week and they're in the midst of working on a patch with bug fixes that I imagine will also address that in both arcade and console versions.

It's a sick infinite, though.

Funny enough that's actually been known for months, it was discovered in the arcade version and they didn't fix it for the console version :I

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Funny enough that's actually been known for months, it was discovered in the arcade version and they didn't fix it for the console version :I

I knew it was in arcade version but I'd only seen the video with that particular infinite in it recently. It probably wasn't fixed for console release because the build for PSN had already been turned in to Sony for their internal QA.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

I can't imagine anything more fun than playing a fighting game on my phone!

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
Well if no one else is still looking to share, is there anyone that would want to START a share? I'm probably just going to get it myself anyways pretty soon...

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
You can try asking around on dustloop or in mizuumi; you might have better luck there.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I tried playing some kof 13 yesterday and I don't understand how combos work in that, things that seem like they should connect just don't and I'm not sure when and how to link specials to make even simple 4 or 5 hit combos

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

dj_de posted:

Well if no one else is still looking to share, is there anyone that would want to START a share? I'm probably just going to get it myself anyways pretty soon...

How much is it? I'd probably be down to send you cashmoney for half.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

I tried playing some kof 13 yesterday and I don't understand how combos work in that, things that seem like they should connect just don't and I'm not sure when and how to link specials to make even simple 4 or 5 hit combos

KoF has a bit of a weird juggle system and learning what combos after what will take some time. The kof srk wiki isn't the best but most characters have bnbs and advanced combos listed. You should also get yourself familiar with how drive cancels work for each member of your team, each special has a unique cancel point and some aren't where you'd expect them to be. Kof13 has higher execution requirements than most games out now, but once you get them the combos are pretty fun at least.

The trials mode is balls hard but you can demo all the combos to at least know what they look like if you need more visual aid, or try and find some youtube videos with combo breakdowns or match vids of the chars you're interested in.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Countblanc posted:

How much is it? I'd probably be down to send you cashmoney for half.

It's around $60, I'm sort of interested in going in on half myself but I'm still debating it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

It's around $60, I'm sort of interested in going in on half myself but I'm still debating it.

So $30-35? Yeah I'd definitely do that if someone else bought it. I'll consider it a gift to myself for not buying love max

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora

Sharkopath posted:

The basic combo system in KOF is:
normals -> command normal (sometimes) -> special/super

Examples:
Kim: cr.B cr.B st.B (all normals, all chained into the next button) xx f,f+A (command normal, cancelled from st.B) xx qcb+B (special, cancelled from f,f+A)
Hwa: cr.B st.B xx df+D xx dp+D

Basic combos don't usually have links unless there's a juggle, just cancel everything you can. Trials mode is going to teach you bad combos, like every other fighting game trials mode, so don't do it. Go here instead: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=King_of_Fighters_XIII

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sharkopath posted:

On more complicated combos, you can just hold your button around the link and it'll buffer it for you; but as a rule of thumb all KoF wants is for you to do your inputs fast.

Kyo's (corner only) s.C, df+D (1), qcf+D, rdp+B, qcb+B, dp+C ended up being what helped me breakthrough and get used to just doing my inputs hella fast.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 27, 2014

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Countblanc posted:

So $30-35? Yeah I'd definitely do that if someone else bought it. I'll consider it a gift to myself for not buying love max

The 6000 yen I got from that site I linked awhile back was around $67.50, so yeah, it's in that $30-$35 range if you're splitting with someone.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

The 6000 yen I got from that site I linked awhile back was around $67.50, so yeah, it's in that $30-$35 range if you're splitting with someone.
What site was that? Most other places I've seen just have 10 30 or 50, making it like $72 total or so.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I'd also be down for going in on half, I can probably start a share if no one else does it.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
I wanna write things about unib so here

Gordeau Combo Quick Start

(Starter)>5C>3C>236A>236A>2C>Charged j.C>3C>Ender. Ender can be your choice of 236Ax3, 22C (22B>22C in corner), or 236Ax2 41236D.

This combo works works off the following starters:
5A>5B>2B [2967 / 3154 / 3842]
2A (up to 3 times)>5B [2508-2877, depending on # of 2a]
2A (up to 2 times)>5B>2B [2711-2947]
5B>2B [3038 / 3225 / 3913]
Assault j.C>5B [2714 / 2991 / 3638] (chaining into 2B also works but lowers damage)
214A/C Chainshift [3006 / 3331 / 3936] [3517 / 3824 / Impossible??]

This isn't the most optimized combo but its sure as hell a reliable and easy one. Some of his other combo routes aren't reliable on a portion of the cast (small light chars give him a headache, like chaos) and have much more difficult timing requirements, so its an important standby to know this combo unless you're solid in the character adjustments. Gord doesn't usually get much off blowing his meter as an ender compared to using it for combo starters, his Infinte Worth excluded. His normal rekka ender gives good damage, GRD, and a knockdown right in their face.

Other important combos:

6B>22A>3C>2B>5C>j.B>j.C>3C>Ender [3215 / 3170(yup) / 3962]
Tricky timing. You need to delay the j.B in order to keep them as close to the ground as possible for 3C to hit. Might also have to delay the chaining of 2B>5C, it feels pretty weird.

Throw (hold 2)>5A>2C>Charge j.C>3C>Ender [1932 / 2238 / 3238]
Gord is one of the few chars that can get a meterless combo from his normal throw. Note the inf worth damage, 3k+ from a throw is nuts.

5B>5C>3C>22B>2B>22A>5B>j.B>j.C>3C>Ender [3318 / 3517 / 4193]
Corner combo.

623A/B/C>CS>Dash j.B>j.C>3C>Ender [3190 / worthless / 3870] [4290, no other decent enders]
623A/B/C>CS>Dash j.B>j.C>3C>236A>236A>2C>Charge j.C>j.A>j.B>3C>Ender [3427 / 3807 / 4387] [4666 / 4956]
623C>CS>Dash j.B>j.C>3C>22B>2B>22A>5B>j.B>j.C>3C>Ender [4851 / 5264]
GRIM REAPA. This is what you should be saving CS and meter for. You should be shooting for the extended version of the combo but chars like Chaos will fall out of the second air series easily. A version does a bit less damage, C version does a TON more. The third combo is a 'corner' combo that will work a little less than half screen, you just need the 22B to end flush against the corner for it to work.

Also while going through and testing all these I found that 3C>22B>22C is an excellent ender if you're in the corner and what I used for the third combo to get max damage (and a trophy :3:). My hands hurt and i'm tired now from trying all these so i'll come back to it later for my own purposes.

Ixiggle fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 27, 2014

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Sharkopath posted:

It's a shame about that game. I started playing again after adding a couple of people through Steam. One guy gave up after losing a bunch and the other guy stopped soon after. Going online means waiting for 20 minutes and either getting a godly ex-iori/karate/kim player or someone who has apparently never played a video-game in their life. Both are equally boring.

I've never found steam community / steam friends to be a consistent way of getting players, in any game. Everyone just quits after a few days and doesn't want to play anymore, for fighters at least.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Mr. Fun posted:

I'd also be down for going in on half, I can probably start a share if no one else does it.
Do it do it. You should still have my email from when we did BBCP.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

dj_de posted:

Do it do it. You should still have my email from when we did BBCP.

Oh that was you? Totally forgot. That's perfect then. I'll send you an e-mail soon as I organize it.

Edit: My e-mail got bounced because it says your address isn't valid anymore. Reach me at acton.sean at gmail.

Mr. Fun fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 27, 2014

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

It's a shame about that game. I started playing again after adding a couple of people through Steam. One guy gave up after losing a bunch and the other guy stopped soon after. Going online means waiting for 20 minutes and either getting a godly ex-iori/karate/kim player or someone who has apparently never played a video-game in their life. Both are equally boring.

I've never found steam community / steam friends to be a consistent way of getting players, in any game. Everyone just quits after a few days and doesn't want to play anymore, for fighters at least.

If you remember playing skullgirls with me I picked it back up again and started getting better. Added Fukua to make a team of my solo peacock and learned longer combos and assists and such.

If youre ever up for it I'm down to play.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I don't really play it much anymore, but I'll have a few matches whenever if you like.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rednecked_crake/

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I don't really play it much anymore, but I'll have a few matches whenever if you like.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rednecked_crake/

I've added you by the way in the event that we are able to play some King of Fighters 13 together. However, up until next weekish (hopefully earlier), I gotta put up with some pretty bad internet. So, if you wanna holla at me for some games, I'll tell you when I'm good or not.

By the way, I'm ThwackCorp Ltd. when you see the invite, if it isn't obvious enough.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Wrong Dictator, but I'll allow it.

I like UNIB's system mechanics but hooooly poo poo did I pick the wrong character to start with, if there's an airdasher character more boring than Nanase I've never heard of it. All of the characters with huge honking weapons seem pretty derivative for that matter, need to get on that Carmine train.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora

Ixiggle posted:

I wanna write things about unib so here

Gordeau Combo Quick Start

An easier corner combo route is whatever to 22B, 2C j.[C] 3C ender. It's still pretty good damage and easier to time than adding another 22A, and doesn't drop the lighter/smaller characters as much.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Well if anyon else wants to do a share for UNIB, post or PM me~

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I've never really vibed with airdash fighters but all the enthusiasm around here has me considering it.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ghostpilot posted:

I've never really vibed with airdash fighters but all the enthusiasm around here has me considering it.

Honestly it's quite like anime KoF. A lot of those SNK fundamentals will carry over.

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 28, 2014

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
tbh I mostly want to support French Bread but the game looks fun and it's a lot easier to convince my friends to play a ps3 game than something that requires hooking up a computer to a tv for whatever reason.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
its as good as anything capcom has put out in 5 years and it costs $20 less with a friend.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Mr. Fun posted:

Edit: My e-mail got bounced because it says your address isn't valid anymore.
Yea like two seconds before I read your post that suddenly occurred to me, sent you the email

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreyaXI
May 1, 2011
I'd go half with someone. I have a Hong Kong account already and it's loaded with BBCP if anyone is interested on that. But that part you get free with your half of UNIB.

• Locked thread