Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Prettz posted:

what's great is that all the christianists in the US are watching these videos and nodding their heads, thinking "God I wish we could get away with that."

Which is why I won't make much of a fuss if religious people get put on trains and sent to camps, as was suggested some posts up.

Well... maybe not all religious people, but definitely the Abrahamics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

holy poo poo thats a lot of blood

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Justin Tyme posted:

i consider myself a liberal but even i know when you must bomb a bunch of medieval islamofascist retards (but i have a penchant for bloodshed :) )
bombs have no effect against an insurgency, the US purportedly learned that in the 1960s. but it especially doesn't work against a highly religious one that believes in an afterlife and prizes suicide bombers.

the ISIS guys are either going to be slaughtered by their own peasants and tribal leaders, or they're going to succeed.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

don quixote

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Prettz posted:

bombs have no effect against an insurgency, the US purportedly learned that in the 1960s. but it especially doesn't work against a highly religious one that believes in an afterlife and prizes suicide bombers.

the ISIS guys are either going to be slaughtered by their own peasants and tribal leaders, or they're going to succeed.

then someone needs to go over there and turn into the fremen god or whatevs the spice must flow.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Zippy the Bummer posted:

send in the bee fitty's and carpet bomb all isis territory

and preferably 300 miles in every direction surrounding it too

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

keep in mind everyone in isis are taking massive amounts of opioids

that would at least make something about them endearing, unfortunately they will kill you for that poo poo

unless youve heard something i havent and hypocrites are running the thing but unfortunately for everyone i dont think thats the case

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Prettz posted:

you can't defeat them with bombs alone, but you know, shock and awe

they're used to barrel bombs dropped from hinds; let's show them what a 30mm cannon and rockeyes can do

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Justin Tyme posted:

they're used to barrel bombs dropped from hinds; let's show them what a 30mm cannon and rockeyes can do
butcher civilians and reporters and children?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Drunk & Ugly posted:

that would at least make something about them endearing, unfortunately they will kill you for that poo poo

unless youve heard something i havent and hypocrites are running the thing but unfortunately for everyone i dont think thats the case

i saw some pictures of them burning all the cigarettes in a neighborhood awhile back. i weep for the tabacco

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Prettz posted:

butcher civilians and reporters and children?

that's a very queermo thing to say do you hate america?

what are is's plans on reducing gun violence in their communities?

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Justin Tyme posted:

that's a very queermo thing to say do you hate america?
Yes.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

quicks oat

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

they always talk about how its your duty to obey the caliph but also advise him if he's doing something wrong right. how does that make sense? i bet everyone who says something like "hey man these crucifictions are really bad PR" probably gets crucified themselves

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Kyrie eleison posted:

i don't want beheading videos because i have a sense of decency and compassion. but here is a very good and exclusive documentary by vice about the ~Islamic State~.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUjHb4C7b94

i love the guy complaining about drones and wanting the US to only fight them on foot. its like he's whining about noob tubes or whatever in call of duty. thats such cheap bullshit bro cant u fight me man to man???

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
quikscope 1v1 me fgt ill fk u up pussy

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

the problem with the ME isn't really the ethnic conflict per se, it's more the fact that western powers are too apathetic to actually put in the effort to fix things and instead just bomb stuff and kill people in fits and spurts then leave for a few decades and don't bother really fixing anything. if the US/EU spent 10 years (well, maybe 20) and a few trillion dollars on the place it could be fixed up just fine, but ahahahahahhaha that's never going to happen

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 15, 2014

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian
the kids can be saved but anyone 20+ is already gone. no amount of deprogramming can fix that, jesus

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian
good luck, assad

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
man, gently caress all that poo poo.

joxxuh
May 20, 2011

Fandyien posted:

they always talk about how its your duty to obey the caliph but also advise him if he's doing something wrong right. how does that make sense? i bet everyone who says something like "hey man these crucifictions are really bad PR" probably gets crucified themselves

I heard IS actually has a pretty slick propaganda arm. The point of beheading ppl on YouTube is probably precisely to make them look like ruthless psychos in the eyes of any other tribal chiefs who might be considering their options. I mean there was that highly publicised US aid mission on that mountain that might make ppl think resistance is a viable option and the USA can always bail them out.

cstang
Oct 27, 2005

Da Bears
I know who we should call to take care of this thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCm9788Tb5g

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian

cstang posted:

I know who we should call to take care of this thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCm9788Tb5g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RFH7C3vkK4

loving dope

look at his lil smile

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Billy Everyteen
May 6, 2009

Hwbrgdtse posted:

depends. what's a jib?

A penis

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

lol what a wacky guy

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
whats up with this lazy loving liberal Pope

the time to declare crusade 14.0 is now

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

lol he didnt know the door was locked

cstang
Oct 27, 2005

Da Bears

At least Clinton only hosed interns instead of other countries.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Weok96gwk4E

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

icantfindaname posted:

the problem with the ME isn't really the ethnic conflict per se, it's more the fact that western powers are too apathetic to actually put in the effort to fix things and instead just bomb stuff and kill people in fits and spurts then leave for a few decades and don't bother really fixing anything. if the US/EU spent 10 years (well, maybe 20) and a few trillion dollars on the place it could be fixed up just fine, but ahahahahahhaha that's never going to happen

Apathy? We don't fix the middle east because having to show up and knock down a country or two makes us feel big and helps justify an absurdly inflated military armament budget.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
ISIS? More like ISNTISNT!

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Morally Inept posted:

My gosh. Should not have watched. They toy with the ones about to have their heads cut off by putting a severed head right up to their face and laughing. gently caress.

Didn't you stick your dick in a dog?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

jesus, that cadaver hand

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

where is the secret service guy whos supposed to take a shoe for his president?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

SirDan3k posted:

Apathy? We don't fix the middle east because having to show up and knock down a country or two makes us feel big and helps justify an absurdly inflated military armament budget.

Also as a contractor you can act like you're going to fix things but then just steal all the money the us government gives you and then drive away laughing in a solid gold lamborghini

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bitter Mushroom posted:

lol yah great idea lets trust a bunch of syphilitic frenchies and italians to find their way to the middle east without accidentally sacking some city thats not even in the right direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Bitter Mushroom posted:

well, francis has called for international military support against isis (why can't i find this on a major news source??)

but seriously though the solution is to love your brother. as always

• Locked thread