Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

extra stout posted:

i would warn my middle school spanish teacher of the attacks and tell her i only want her to be safe, she would think im crazy and then 3 days later i'd get my first blowjob by a teacher once she realized i was a prophet. this would shave several weeks off my current "first time being orally raped by a teacher" record that feels almost impossible to break without time travel, which i had not considered until you posted this thread.
ay caramba!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enzeen
Sep 23, 2010
I would actually start the trendiest band

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

call my grandpa and use the upcoming 9/11 event and his non-poo poo non-dementia ridden memory to leverage my ability to predict that catastrophe to predict the coming tech bubble collapse so he can cash out while he's still a millionaire.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

the culminator posted:

I've thought about this extensively, and my choice was:

Make a thread here and other forums before 9/11 telling everyone what will happen. Get made fun of and then bask in the glory of my rightness when it happens and everones in my thread like :aaaaa:

then get kidnapped by the fbi

SA has had a lot of time travelers post here that either went home or got disappeared...

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

As a twelve year old, I wouldn't even worry about changing 9/11. I could convince a handful of people I truly came from the future, but no one with influence. If word gets out, you really think you'd be a celebrity? You would be a conspiracy theory, and the reality is you would spend the rest of your life in a blacklisted CIA site. You would literally go into a solitary confinement cell for the rest of your life. I'll pass.

Call me greedy, but I'd use the opportunity to do things differently. Convince family to invest in the big tech companies (what am I going to invest with, my pog collection?) and breeze through high school classes. Shits so easy in hind site. Take community college classes on the side. Graduate early, take my same degree and get it at 20, be hailed a genius, and go work at NASA or somewhere.

Write down all the song lyrics I can think of (I've got a shitload of eminem songs memorized), get it dated and notorized and find a way to cross paths with him. Spend a month trolling through the Detroit until I find him. Then get a photo with him, then in a decade start blackmailing.

Put all my money on Obama.

That's basically all I remember. Money on Obama, money into tech stocks, and don't drink a third margarita on thanksgiving 2011.

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

kill hitler

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

935 posted:

As a twelve year old, I wouldn't even worry about changing 9/11. I could convince a handful of people I truly came from the future, but no one with influence. If word gets out, you really think you'd be a celebrity? You would be a conspiracy theory, and the reality is you would spend the rest of your life in a blacklisted CIA site. You would literally go into a solitary confinement cell for the rest of your life. I'll pass.

Call me greedy, but I'd use the opportunity to do things differently. Convince family to invest in the big tech companies (what am I going to invest with, my pog collection?) and breeze through high school classes. Shits so easy in hind site. Take community college classes on the side. Graduate early, take my same degree and get it at 20, be hailed a genius, and go work at NASA or somewhere.

Write down all the song lyrics I can think of (I've got a shitload of eminem songs memorized), get it dated and notorized and find a way to cross paths with him. Spend a month trolling through the Detroit until I find him. Then get a photo with him, then in a decade start blackmailing.

Put all my money on Obama.

That's basically all I remember. Money on Obama, money into tech stocks, and don't drink a third margarita on thanksgiving 2011.

eminem is already famous in 2001

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
On 9/11 go to a bar that opens at 7:00 AM, get hammered (might not work if you're 12 again), around 8:30 start a betting pool (know your timeline: 1st plane @ 8:46 but nothing on TV about it till 9:02 after the weightloss pill ads). Then do a "...wait for it, wait for it..." for the second plane and other events. What could possibly go wrong?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
This actually happened to me OP, 9 times in fact. I'm the one who warned the French, German, British, Israeli, Jordanian, Afghani, Egyptian, Moroccan and Russian government of the attacks. Unfortunately, I had only traveled back in time a single day each time, so there was little information to go on and no real way to make money off it.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Whorelord posted:

I'm seven so probably get hailed as some sort of genius i guess

I've thought about this in relation to waking up as a kid with your adult mind myself, and I'm pretty sure that that part of it would actually suck

you'd seem like a genius initially yeah but then you'd grow up and just be a normal adult again, except this time everyone expected you to be some kind of einstein/newton super prodigy and you'd spend the rest of your life buried under their disappointment and shame

Torka fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 8, 2014

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
I would be too happy over the chance to correct the many mistakes I made in life to bother doing anything about 9/11.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Torka posted:

I've thought about this in relation to waking up as a kid with your adult mind myself, and I'm pretty sure that that part of it would actually suck

you'd seem like a genius initially yeah but then you'd grow up and just be a normal adult again, except this time everyone expected you to be some kind of einstein/newton super prodigy and you'd spend the rest of your life buried under their disappointment and shame

well i'm already buried under people's disappointment and shame as it is. at least in that scenario i'd get to ride high for a little while before it all came crashing down.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

i would do something with tamagotchis, they were very popular at that time. maybe i'll open a tamagotchi shop, don't know yet

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Whiskey Sours posted:

Oh gently caress cell phones. The iPhone doesn't come out for six years, I think I'll kill myself.

Yeah, but you could own a Palm instead - much cooler.

hemophilia posted:

gotta memorize phone numbers and addresses again

Palm. Or Pocket PC.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
just buy stock in companies that make tacky american flags, way less obvious than taking out a vegas bet. For those of you who dont remember in some places it was literally impossible to buy those fuckin things for awhile.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
It doesn't matter what you do, Bush will still ignore all warnings so they can use the attack as a pretense for loving up the middle east

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

unless you are someone in a high level but not-high-level-enough-to-be-political three letter agency sort of job, you're not stopping things even if you wake up 13 years ago, and even then if the conspiracy theorists are right you will fail anyway. So have a lot of fun trying that instead of using the event as leverage to establish premonition among people you know and ride out the next decade quietly making yourself and everyone around you rich as gently caress.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

hemophilia posted:

eminem is already famous in 2001

gently caress! Okay instead I'd wait for limp biscuit to release their debut cd and slam that poo poo into my anti skip CD player. Maybe browse some aol chat rooms on dial up. Wait in line for gran tourismo 4 for the play station 2 and marvel at the revolutionary, literally lifelike graphics.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

does that mean i'd have to deal with GBS 1.0 again? gently caress that.

Ryokurin
Jul 14, 2001

Wanna Die?
I thought about this a long time ago. If you did anything drastic like try to barricade the doors the WTC or somehow convinced the airlines to not fly those routes you'll probably be arrested and convicted of terrorism because it's highly unlikely you'll stop all of it. With all the patriotism and hysteria that happened in 02-04 they would make an example out of you, even if all you were doing was trying to save lives.

Honestly I would try to accumulate as much money as possible and invest money in Google and whatever big IPOs that happened between say 2003 and 2007, and quit after that.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What if you just used a payphone to call in a bomb threat for those specific flights right before their scheduled takeoff time? They'd be grounded by the airline to be inspected. The terrorists would catch on to the fact that it was only the flights they were planning to hijack that got calls and probably abort the mission.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Torka posted:

But you'd still have 13 extra years of experience / wisdom and knowledge accumulation ahead of all your peers

think how much you've learnt in the last 13 years and then realize how much difference that would make if you doubled it?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I am eleven. Nobody would believe me.

Instead, personal gain. Convince my parents to invest in Google and Apple, dodge the relationships I know will end up badly like Superman, and maybe this go around don't start college five years after graduating from high school.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

hemophilia posted:

You need an adult body in like 1990 to prevent the 1st gulf war and allow kuwait to be annexed to stop the 2nd war.

Or a hell of a lot of money a 13 year old shouldn't have, but is willing to donate to a lot of the right people.

My Q-Face posted:

Why isn't there enough time? You know their faces, you know where they took off from, there's video of them going there, I mean, get to Boston, get a gun and wait outside of security at the Airport they went through.

First of all, there's a bunch of them. There's no way you are going to get them all before security guns you down. At best you can off a few of them and delay the attack, but all that does is push things back by like a week or so.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

im curious about the brain chemistry of this whole thing because if it's just your adult brain in your kid head, that presents all kinds of problems but if i have a kid brain I begin to activate more than 2% of my brain

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

hemophilia posted:

im curious about the brain chemistry of this whole thing because if it's just your adult brain in your kid head, that presents all kinds of problems but if i have a kid brain I begin to activate more than 2% of my brain

It is an info overwrite only. You still have a kid brain and all the hormones and poo poo that entails. Hopefully your adult experience is enough to keep you mellow.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

enzeen posted:

I would actually start the trendiest band

truth

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
I'd go to WTC and lock all the exits shut

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Saalkin posted:

does that mean i'd have to deal with GBS 1.0 again? gently caress that.
it's pre GBS 1.0, so you could warn everyone. Use 9/11 to prove you're from the future, then leverage that into saving GBS.

Applewhite posted:

It is an info overwrite only. You still have a kid brain and all the hormones and poo poo that entails. Hopefully your adult experience is enough to keep you mellow.
Adult experience plus a kid brain would be awful. At least kids have the advantage of not knowing how loving retarded their brains are.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

hemophilia posted:

It's true im into milfs now. A 16 yr old wanting to bang veined titted 40 somethings is a problem. Or is it?

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Probably play Everquest 1 or Diablo 2 on a sweet Athlon 1GHz with 256MB of ram and a Geforce 2 video card :pcgaming:

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

hemophilia posted:

I am 11 or 12 years old and gay, nobody will believe me, so I just live out a hellish repeat of the next decade or so. Wonder how I lived with my year 2000 gateway with AMD Athlon processor, and I will scare the poo poo out of my parents with accurate predictions of the future including 9/11 and a massive personality change + proclivity towards weed.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Wake up, work out a lot, and be really loving pissed that I have to wait years to re download my whole music collection, save money, breeze through school, read more because tv will suck, and play video games I didn't play back them.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Think about how loving awful cel phones were compared to now. No way, José!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Also, I wouldn't be so afraid to eat every rear end in a top hat offered up to me.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

It's true im into milfs now. A 16 yr old wanting to bang veined titted 40 somethings is a problem. Or is it?

I love big veiny titties too.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Wake up, work out a lot, and be really loving pissed that I have to wait years to re download my whole music collection, save money, breeze through school, read more because tv will suck, and play video games I didn't play back them.

You can watch the wires original run if you're not a poor

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Shadoer posted:

3. Kill Vladimir Putin The man must die. He's simply too good at what he does and right now he's still a relatively new player. Yeah he's still president of Russia, but he's not quit the dark lord and master of it he is now. Not saying I'd do it myself, but man would I be paying a whole bunch of assassins to go after him.

If you do this, someone worse will just come along in his place. Russia is just too backwards to fix by assassinating a single dude.

waitwhatno posted:

i would do something with tamagotchis, they were very popular at that time. maybe i'll open a tamagotchi shop, don't know yet

Pretty sure Tamagotchis were out of fashion by this point. Invest in those "Crazy Bones" people, kids from my elementary school (and other schools in the area I think) bought bags upon bags of those things for a few months from 2001-2002... and then they were completely unfashionable once we were in the 5th grade.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd post the entire Star Wars 911 thread on 9/8/2001 and blow people's minds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

> pull the trigger

• Locked thread