Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

FultonCountyHealth posted:

Media Tumblr Likes:
Nicki Minaj, Beyonce, Marvel movies, American Horror Story, Avatar: The Legend of Korra (except when they throw poo poo fits because they don't know how lighting works), and The Hunger Games (but only when they're arguing that Katniss is supposed to be a person of color).

you forgot supernatural.

does anyone still watch supernatural other than weird tumblr people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Bro Dad posted:

you forgot supernatural.

I forced my way through season nine. It's rivaling Sons of Anarchy in quality now. A bad sign when you find yourself hoping for another DJ Qualls or Felicia Day episode to break the monotony of Booger's Never-Ending Arc of Nothingness.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

*looks up from clipboard* i've diagnosed your gender as 'hosed in the head'

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Bro Dad posted:

you forgot supernatural.

You mean Supernatural with dog dicks. I don't think tumblr actually watches the show, they just read the fanfics with the dog dicks.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

"autogynephilia"

how can you possibly unironically use that term, and then still think that you are a supporter of social justice and equality

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Allies asking for a representing letter in the acronym is stupid though.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Almost as stupid as people who care enough to expend effort bitching about it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Time Dissolver posted:

Allies asking for a representing letter in the acronym is stupid though.

I, on the other hand, am oppressed because I don't have sex.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Asexuals who think that they are an opressed minority are retards

I don's see a point in adding allies to the acronym, but asexuals deserve it even less lol

Tamerlame
Oct 20, 2012

When a heterosexual white male turns 18 he is sent a formal letter, inviting him to the patriarchal society. This gives him lots of small bonuses and he also gets a membership card that he can show to any male to receive extra privilege by for example cutting in line at the doctors office. Every month there is a meeting, these are local and are carried out around the world. There is free beer and good traditional food. Every August it's cultural appropriation day and some non-white food is consumed instead. At this meeting favours are given out freely, you can talk to future or current bosses and receive huge pay-check bonuses or just a job.

Rape, violence against women and similar acts works kind of like jury duty. There's a small council of highly intelligent males who calculates just how much rape and violence will be required this month to keep the women, non-whites and non-heterosexuals down. Then a letter is send to randomly picked males who attended the last meeting. They have to carry out this action within a month, or face severe consequences (they actually are forced to become trans).

This council holds a secret: The patriarchy is not an abstract concept, but rather a huge creature that lives within the planet and lives on inequality. The day that the world becomes too equal is the day that this beast dies, and the planet explodes.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

bitching about not having a letter in an acronym is important

being oppressed is when people don't mention you specifically

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Tamerlame posted:

When a heterosexual white male turns 18 he is sent a formal letter, inviting him to the patriarchal society. This gives him lots of small bonuses and he also gets a membership card that he can show to any male to receive extra privilege by for example cutting in line at the doctors office. Every month there is a meeting, these are local and are carried out around the world. There is free beer and good traditional food. Every August it's cultural appropriation day and some non-white food is consumed instead. At this meeting favours are given out freely, you can talk to future or current bosses and receive huge pay-check bonuses or just a job.

Rape, violence against women and similar acts works kind of like jury duty. There's a small council of highly intelligent males who calculates just how much rape and violence will be required this month to keep the women, non-whites and non-heterosexuals down. Then a letter is send to randomly picked males who attended the last meeting. They have to carry out this action within a month, or face severe consequences (they actually are forced to become trans).

This council holds a secret: The patriarchy is not an abstract concept, but rather a huge creature that lives within the planet and lives on inequality. The day that the world becomes too equal is the day that this beast dies, and the planet explodes.

hosed up if true

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

State But Not Narrow

Creamfilled
May 11, 2007

???

The ally is a fun guy who gets off his bum to support the cause while the asexual is a dismal, dreary depressed funhater actively making things worse for those around them.

A Good Cartoon.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Tamerlame posted:

FOR gently caress SAKE MAN IXNAY ON THE ARCHYPATRIHAY

Good thing you didn't tell them about how we also prevent fat teenage girls ever getting boyfriends. Oh shi

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

happyhippy posted:

Good thing you didn't tell them about how we also prevent fat teenage girls ever getting boyfriends. Oh shi

tbf we actually do this, it's just less "an organized act of suppression" and more "having taste"

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Tamerlame posted:

just tell everybody why don't you

you are so getting hazed next meeting

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Tamerlame posted:

I know someone who's getting "catcall the bulldykes" duty this coming month.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

i'm on cultural appropriation duty, trying to figure out how we can claim tuvan throat singing for the white race

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Phlegmish posted:

i'm on cultural appropriation duty, trying to figure out how we can claim tuvan throat singing for the white race

Does Ebola in the USA count as cultural appropriation? I'm grasping at straws here but only 'cause I'm worried about Ol' Pat.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Does Ebola in the USA count as cultural appropriation? I'm grasping at straws here but only 'cause I'm worried about Ol' Pat.

Goddamn it mohawk guy, don't you know that being boring is literally the worst thing you can do to a trans person?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

every night before going to bed i spend an hour memorizing my friends' wacky and constantly changing pronouns

it's hard being a millennial

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Action Yak Police posted:

I have a Tumblr

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

If you don't like singular They/them, then you can get out of town.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Phlegmish posted:

every night before going to bed i spend an hour memorizing my friends' wacky and constantly changing pronouns

it's hard being a millennial

Yeah, but you gotta do it and you gotta get 8 hours of sleep or you can't cast Evard's Black Headmate.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

theironjef posted:

Evard's Black Headmate

The revolutionary new sitcom coming to Youtube this fall!

PhunkMonkey
Apr 15, 2001
Do you most closely relate to a Deer? Do you wish you were a Deer? Are you pretty sure you're a Deer? Are you biologically a Deer? Check out this guide and determine if the Deer is the right otherkin for you:

quote:

Are You a Deer Therian?

*No one can tell you whether or not you are who you are, and no one can determine your identity for you. However, I’ll try to provide some insight as to what being a deer therian would be like, and whether or not you can relate.

There are many deer therians, I’ve come across many more on Tumblr than any other forum/website. Just as there are many wolf therians, many end up renouncing their wolf therian identity because of mistaking their theriotype or what being a therian means.
Commonly Misinterpreted “Signs”:

1. Innocence- Many people are attracted to deer because of the fawn’s symbolism of innocence. In reality, deer are animals like all others and don’t really know what innocence is. Hey, they’re animals just like the rest of us: You’ve got to do what you’ve got to do to survive!

2. Nobility- Sure, stags (or bulls) are noble-looking. But being a deer is much more than holding your head of antlers high while watching over a herd. Many “noble” postures of deer serve more of a safety purpose than anything typically considered noble. This same logic applies to the concept of deer as being graceful as well.

3. Stuck in the Rut- The rut is, while a significant time for deer, a short part of their year. Deer have much more to them than just the clashing of their antlers. If this aggression is the only thing you can relate to with deer, you may not be a deer therian.

4. The altruism fallacy- Deer, like other animals, do what is necessary for survival and are a very adaptable species (typically). Deer may be herbivorous, but most species will not pass up a good source of protein, be it meat or plant. This, again, is a survival mechanism and has nothing to do with hatred of plants or other animals, or love of any other species. You can be all for animal rights and whatnot, but that probably has nothing to do with feeling like a deer…

5. Falsely Feeble- If there’s one thing that cervids collectively can teach us, it’s that they’re a tough species: From moose fending off bears and wolves, to reindeer at harshly cold, high altitudes, to white tails that have shown they’re not going to be driven away by human activity. And let’s not forget the tusks and antlers that are used as weapons of the rut! (And self defense, if need be)

But enough with the negative. What are some signs that you might be a deer therian? There are, if I remember correctly, 45 species of deer, so these answers are more general than specific, but feel free to message or send an ask if you need more information.

1. Move!- Deer are athletic, and constantly (well, not always) on the move to get more energy. Reindeer/caribou can run up to 50mph to evade danger and migrate, white tails can jump up to 15 feet high, and moose require a lot of body to defend themselves from wolves and bears. To put it simply, deer are athletic.

2. Forage- Deer are primarily browsers and grazers, looking for wild plants to eat. Wild edibles have always appealed to me, which I feel has to do with being a rewilder human and a deer therian as well. Deer, some species anyway, make sure to find the perfect spot to rest and chew their cud.

3. Splash!- Most, if not all, deer species are great swimmers and can enjoy a nice swim every now and then. Particularly moose, who can stay submerged for up to 30 seconds and can dive as well. Many people consider them semi-aquatic. If you’re a questioning deer therian and find yourself shifting (not physically, obviously) in or near water, don’t worry, that actually does make sense. Haha

4. Alert- Deer are obviously going to be an alert and sensitive species, concerned with what’s going on around them. This may play a part in your therianthropic experiences, but, like the majority of experiences, can be normal human experiences and desires as well.

Not all therians have the same reasoning or theory behind their therianthropy and may identify as a therian for various and individual reasons. This is just meant to provide some sort of outline, shower vague it may be.

If aliens make first contact with an Otherkin, we're all royally hosed.

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

theironjef posted:

Goddamn it mohawk guy, don't you know that being boring is literally the worst thing you can do to a trans person?

Is the pimp cane for whuping cishet shitlords?

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo

PhunkMonkey posted:

Do you most closely relate to a Deer? Do you wish you were a Deer? Are you pretty sure you're a Deer? Are you biologically a Deer? Check out this guide and determine if the Deer is the right otherkin for you:

This isn't actually real is it? I mean, I thought the whole animalkin thing was a joke.

Have I got too much faith in humanity?

Tamerlame
Oct 20, 2012

paco650 posted:

I know someone who's getting "catcall the bulldykes" duty this coming month.

Anything but that.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

PhunkMonkey posted:

Deer are giant rodents. This person needs ot be run over by semi. Just like all deer.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

PhunkMonkey posted:

YOU AREN'T DEER, I'M A DEER.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 31, 2014

PhunkMonkey
Apr 15, 2001

Private Eye posted:

This isn't actually real is it? I mean, I thought the whole animalkin thing was a joke.

Here's the blog: http://earthenhart.tumblr.com/

If it's a joke, this person is dedicated to their craft.

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004

theironjef posted:

Hey guys watch me "rationally" explain my power mongering, self-absorbed, megalomanical neuroses with cartoons. THE WORLD WAS MADE FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So if a grizzlykin kills and eats a deerkin is that murder or just the natural order of things?

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Private Eye posted:

Yes, you do. Let me tell you a little something about otherkin: Dragonkin are the absolute worst. They're all detached from reality, obviously, but these motherfuckers are so convinced of their hoity-toity-immortal-lizard-in-spirit status that they are literally unable to function as human beings in any way. Dragons being fictional, they all have their own ideas as to what being a -real- dragon actually means and so they make war upon one another nigh-constantly. Should anyone else somehow manage to fulfill all of their dragonhood criteria they will simply invent new criteria on the spot and dismiss the individual as a 'simple wyrm' or some poo poo.

For more dragonkin fun, try looking up the thread in which goons waged war upon the fel dragon Taygon and his ill-conceived micronation of Malatora.

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
im cockatrice-kin, it triggers me when my victim fails to turn to stone

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I'm female gendered peniskin, what now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014

mcustic posted:

I'm female gendered peniskin, what now?