Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still can't believe he's making the tyrant argument about Obama, of all people.

The best part is "Executive Amnesty". They are literally calling him a tyrant for not rounding up a ton of people and shipping them somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
drat that first lady is such a bitch.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
In the end, a Nuclear Iran is only a threat to it's creator and the people in his personal life, but only because he doomed him to be alone forever.
Lift sanctions now?

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

Oh No! If she can't shoot straight how will they stop all those dirty illegals crossing the border? :ohdear:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Acropolis posted:

Oh No! If she can't shoot straight how will they stop all those dirty illegals crossing the border? :ohdear:
Not to mention the blurry lions that seem to be stalking them.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Rorus Raz posted:

Not to mention the blurry lions that seem to be stalking them.

I just figured they were walking the parted seas of butterscotch pudding. Once they get to shore it will cave in destroying all the illegal ebola carriers chasing them.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Garrand posted:

The best part is "Executive Amnesty". They are literally calling him a tyrant for not rounding up a ton of people and shipping them somewhere else.

Reminder that they don't consider them people.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still can't believe he's making the tyrant argument about Obama, of all people.
Every president is a tyrant, though the way our government is I'd wish for some leftist ubermensch to come up and become dictator for life to lead us to a new golden age; no Ted Rall I'm not talking about you.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

achillesforever6 posted:

Every president is a tyrant, though the way our government is I'd wish for some leftist ubermensch to come up and become dictator for life to lead us to a new golden age; no Ted Rall I'm not talking about you.

Empress Warren today, Empress Warren tomorrow, Empress Warren forever!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Okay I don't get Drunky Duck, is he trying to make fun of when sports commentators talk about the team uniforms?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Okay I don't get Drunky Duck, is he trying to make fun of when sports commentators talk about the team uniforms?

The Gays and Liberals are wussyfying our sports until it's nothing more than "Queer Eye for the Steroid Abuser". :argh:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
In a fit of masochism, I checked the Day by Day website and saw that Muir has closed comments on his comics. My guess is that he's getting too much criticism of his world views - it was only about a week ago that he had one of the characters talk about wanting to kill the President, after all - and decided it would be easier to shut down debate altogether than have to screen the comments for anything other than unadulterated praise.

Muir, if you ever read this, let me put it in terms you can understand and respect*: What are you, a pussy? You're scared of a few harsh words? "Oh boohoo, the Internet mans were mean to me, I need to nestle into my pink princess pillow fort and bawl my poor wittle eyes out." If you can't take criticism, you don't deserve to be called a man.

*I hate misogyny-based insults as much as the next DnD poster, but Muir cares so much about being a big Manly Man that I figure this will hit him where it hurts.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

In a fit of masochism, I checked the Day by Day website and saw that Muir has closed comments on his comics. My guess is that he's getting too much criticism of his world views - it was only about a week ago that he had one of the characters talk about wanting to kill the President, after all - and decided it would be easier to shut down debate altogether than have to screen the comments for anything other than unadulterated praise.

Muir, if you ever read this, let me put it in terms you can understand and respect*: What are you, a pussy? You're scared of a few harsh words? "Oh boohoo, the Internet mans were mean to me, I need to nestle into my pink princess pillow fort and bawl my poor wittle eyes out." If you can't take criticism, you don't deserve to be called a man.

*I hate misogyny-based insults as much as the next DnD poster, but Muir cares so much about being a big Manly Man that I figure this will hit him where it hurts.

It's far more likely that he hosed up something with his site rather than intentionally closed comments. Granted, most "controversial" Youtube videos have comments and ratings disabled for the reasons you describe.

But, really, a guy living in a dilapidated trailer existing on donations from other insane people-- you think he cares about criticism?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes, obviously. Remember when he went a blocking spree on his Facespace?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

We'll be right back with more "Third Rock from the Sun" after these messages.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

I just realized something: the American Southwest is swarming with ebola-carrying undocumented immigrants. And Naomi - the pregnant woman - has been tasked with hunting them. What great friends Sam and Zed are, to ask her to put her unborn child at risk!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's okay, she's sniping them from a helicopter, the immigrants can't get their ebolas on her.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

But it's GONE AIRBORNE! :byodood:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I like how he at least remembered that the Cross and Orb is supposed to signify Christ over the World and replaced it with an Obama symbol to signify Obama's Muslimismization of the United States.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Moddington posted:

But it's GONE AIRBORNE! :byodood:

Look we just have to face facts, at the moment the only number higher than the tens of millions killed by Ebola in America is the hundreds of millions of illegal voters that Obama is flying into the country to vote for the Dems every single day.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

loving Obama using the powers granted to him by Congress! It's like he thinks he's king or something! Yeah a king elected to office by a majority of the American people!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

A nuclear armed Iran is now a reality thanks to the efforts of Obama to cobble together a oh gently caress it I can't do this this comic is too goddamn stupid.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Stultus Maximus posted:

A nuclear armed Iran is now a reality thanks to the efforts of Obama to cobble together a oh gently caress it I can't do this this comic is too goddamn stupid.

Conservatives are up in arms about this, as they have been for decades, but for all the wrong reasons of course.

The horrible thing about this right now is that a more conservative alignment of the House and Senate could allow the conservative right to scuttle the nuclear talks altogether by passing more sanctions*. If that were to happen, and Iran went back on the parts of the deal they've already accepted and implemented, Bibi has gone on record that Israel will launch preemptive strikes without consulting the US to prevent the creation of a nuclear weapon. This would almost assuredly draw the US into another military incursion in the ME, especially if it happens a few years down the road and we have a republican president.

*They would need a strong enough majority to bypass a presidential veto, and I don't know if they're likely to get that this year.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
What's the story with the text on the carpet?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What's the story with the text on the carpet?

The Peter Principle.*

*for most political cartoonists, it is not a limit but rather a mere milestone.

dee eight fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Nov 1, 2014

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Obama is so dumb and incompetent he can't be promoted to a position above president. (He's also a devious tyrant.)

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Where does this idea that Obama thinks he's a king and better than you come from? Is it literally just because he's black and a democrat?

As far as I'm aware, he's always successfully presented himself as humble and down to earth. Is this like that dumb mustard thing again?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

loving Obama using the powers granted to him by Congress! It's like he thinks he's king or something! Yeah a king elected to office by a majority of the American people!

How dare he do the same exact thing as Reagan!

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Ague Proof posted:

Is it literally just because he's black and a democrat?

Yes.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Chickenshit Name-Calling

According to the Guardian:
Binyamin Netanyahu 'chickenshit', say US officials in explosive interview
"US relations with Israel have plunged to new depths of bitterness and hostility as senior officials in the Obama administration decried Binyamin Netanyahu as a “chickenshit prime minister”, “coward” and a man more interested in his own political survival than peace.
The furious assessment delivered in anonymous but no-holds barred comments in an interview with the American journalist Jeffrey Goldberg in the Atlantic underline a state of anger with Netanyahu that is characterised as “red hot”.
The remarks are particularly telling in having been made to Goldberg, a Washington insider who has interviewed both Obama and Netanyahu, and who warned US-Israeli relations were in a “full-blown crisis” that could only get worse after the midterm elections."-more
Labels: America, Israel, Netanyahu, Obama

Wishful Thinking

Wishful thinking. Appropriately scary on Halloween!
Labels: Israel, Jewish State, Palestine, palestinian, Peace, terror, two-state solution

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Wishful Thinking

Labels: Israel, Jewish State, Palestine, palestinian, Peace, terror, two-state solution
How is this at all scary? Oh, right, Palestinian's being considered equals is terrifying to Kirschen.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pththya-lyi posted:

I stopped reading this thread for like 3000 posts, so I've missed the DBD Texas chronicles.

I also hate myself and everyone in this thread, which is why I'm asking if someone can post like the last few weeks of DBD. Or at least give a synopsis.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Muir wrote a series of barely-comprehensible rants about how Obama is importing millions of ebola carriers to vote Democrat, with the characters shaking with rage, and ended each strip with painfully shoehorned jokes movie quotes like usual.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
How about political animation? A 1951 propaganda cartoon called "Fresh Laid Plans" is on Vimeo

http://vimeo.com/18480797

MGM released the cartoon, one of the six pro-capitalist animation done in the middle of Cold War. But the above cartoon caused a big controversy upon release:

quote:

Metro Won’t Yank Cartoon In Farm Rap
Metro is sticking to its guns in releasing “Fresh Laid Plans,” cartoon short over which has developed a political controversy. M-G distribution vice-president William F. Rodgers stated in N. Y. yesterday (Tues.) the distrib has no intention of withdrawing the one-reeler from circulation.
Recognizing the uproar which “Plans” has caused, Rodgers issued a formal press statement identifying the M-G position.
He asserted: “‘Fresh Laid Plans’ is fifth in this series of patriotic cartoons which we have released. It was submitted to us by Harding College as were its four predecessors, and we released it because, like the others, we believed it to be interesting and entertaining to moviegoers.
“As a matter of fact we had received such favorable comment on the other cartoons, all of which dealt with similar subjects in the public interest, that our acceptance of ‘Fresh Laid Plans’ was routine.” “Plans” and other four shorts which Rodgers referred to all were produced in Hollywood by John Sutherland, for Harding. M-G serves only as the distributor, as it would with any other indie producer with whom it enters a releasing pact.
Touching off the fireworks in the “Plans” instance, however, is the fact the short has been interpreted in some quarters as treating of Government agricultural planning in satirical fashion. Carrying this thought still further, Alfred D. Stedman, farm editor of the St. Paul (Minn.) Pioneer Press, questioned whether handling of the short might mean that a “big segment of the movie industry is going to bat to knock the Government out of agriculture.”
Stedman further branded “Plans” as a “one-sided editorial in pictures" and declared its purpose was to sway public opinion in a hotly-contested farm issue.

'Hits at Price System'
Editor alleged the short hits specifically at the farm production and prices system advanced by Secretary of Agriculture Charles F. Brannan, known popularly as the Brannan Plan. Also linked in the pic's production is the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation which granted funds to the college for its lensing. Denials of the Stedman charges have been made by a spokesman for the Foundation, who said the film had neither the intent nor effect of satire, and by Sutherland. Producer said he merely tried to “point out the impossibility of planning our lives from a central authority.”
Other four cartoons made by Sutherland who, incidentally, formerly was associated with Walt Disney, were: “Make Mine Freedom,” dealing with free enterprise; “Meet King Joe,” concerning the capital-labor relationship; “Why Play Leap Frog,” focusing on prices and wages, and “Albert in Blunderland,” a satire on the Russian system. Three others now are in preparation, centering respectively on profits, taxes and inflation. M-G’s pacts with Harding have been on a single-pic basis. Distrib. has made no commitments for the future, as yet.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Wishful Thinking

Minority rights eh?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Ye Moorish kyng! :arghfist::tinsley:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

No lie one of my earliest memories is of the nuclear clock people moving the arm back like a few minutes and my parents were all "Whew, guess that's over." Of course, they were boomers growing up in the 50s and 60s so nuclear war was not all that far fetched.

Nuclear Armageddon was a very real possibility pretty much all the way until the Berlin Wall fell.

Hell, Ronnie thought the subject was hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv13ZnkpWos

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

InequalityGodzilla posted:

How is this at all scary? Oh, right, Palestinian's being considered equals is terrifying to Kirschen.

I found it kinda funny since Israel doesn't consider it's declaration of independence legally binding because it proclaimed equal rights for all.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Squashy Nipples posted:

Nuclear Armageddon was a very real possibility pretty much all the way until the Berlin Wall fell.

Hell, Ronnie thought the subject was hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv13ZnkpWos

I liked Obama's military joke better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77pnVFLkUjM

:3: Man he's gonna be a fun former President just like Clinton.

• Locked thread