Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Eifert Posting posted:

Haha you seriously think that would be considered a spoiler? Ok dude.

This is a no-spoiler zone of any kind, no matter how minor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

Haha you seriously think that would be considered a spoiler? Ok dude.

People are getting derailed into talking spoilery poo poo when discussing music and that particular part is just bait for derailing into poo poo we haven't seen/heard yet, so don't be an rear end in a top hat.

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Also wanted to add that your response to meeting the Gorons and deciding to greet each and every one as a friend is seriously adorable, Faerie Fortune. It makes me think of Link as super-cheerful and friendly, like this kid who's just glad to be here, making new pals and having fun.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Hi, thread friends, its :siren:Bonus Update Time!:siren:

Bonus Exploration Video 3 - Sariaphone featuring gnome7!

For those of you watching this blind, this bonus update was recorded after the current dungeon, but don't worry, the final dungeon update will be out tomorrow for you to catch up! For everyone else though, I seriously recommend you watch this bonus, its a lot of fun!

I apologise for the slight echo in some parts, gnome's mic occasionally picked up my audio as well I tried to cut it out as best as I could!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Stop waiting for the pot to be the furthest away from you before throwing :negative:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So fun fact, if you had gone down that grave with the Fairy Fountain before Death Mountain, you would have gotten a free Hylian Shield instead of a blue rupee. :eng101:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aw you still didn't stop the rolling Goron.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

Drakli posted:

However, I think Lizalfos is a really bad name. It stumbles off the tongue weird, and by the time you say it right the monster's already stabbed you.
How are you even trying to say it that it's weird? Take stalfos, rip off the st, put on a liz, and there you go. I think you meant "skullwalltula"

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
Watching you play makes me realize I've forgotten so much about this game, not having played since I was a kid. I remember the broad strokes, like the available areas and the order you reach them, the characters, the occasional special trick, but not most of the little details or things you can do.

Does that dog always follow you, or was it following you because you played Epona's Song for it?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Princey posted:

Does that dog always follow you, or was it following you because you played Epona's Song for it?

The dog always follows you, it's related to something you can do in Castle Town at night.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Faerie Fortune, can you be ANY more adorable? Also, I laughed a lot during this video. You're amazing; keep it up!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Fae, next time you're in Castle Town, why not go into that big cathedral in the background? Oh, and you need to pay the Happy Mask man back.

I'm kind of surprised that during your initial exploration video you never tried to go into every exit out of Hyrule field. You might try that before heading towards plot up the river.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

I think if you're playing the game without guides and direction, Saria's Song actually has some use. At the very least, Saria's more talky than Navi and doesn't just immediately drop your next location on you. Later on I think it's kind of plot-ish too. Not sure, though, since the last time I actually used Saria a lot was the first time I played.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Cartheon posted:

I'm thinking it's the original version, because the blocks have crescent moons and stars on them.

All N64 revisions use the crescent moon symbols, those didn't get changed until the emulated Gamecube versions, so we can't know what revision is being used just from that.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

Aw you still didn't stop the rolling Goron.

She already did that before.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
"This is the greatest moment of my life."

*20 minutes later*

*10 minutes later*

This is the greatest LP of my life. :allears:

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

She already did that before.

In the wrong spot. She already figured that out in the one video, I believe, but she didn't go back to it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Cheez posted:

In the wrong spot. She already figured that out in the one video, I believe, but she didn't go back to it.

I don't remember the spot making any difference, unless we're talking about the one rolling down Death Mountain, which I don't think I ever bothered doing.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

It's lightly implied that the goron in the city needs to be stopped near the sign that says to stop him to get "something good".

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

I don't remember the spot making any difference, unless we're talking about the one rolling down Death Mountain, which I don't think I ever bothered doing.
It does.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

She stopped the Goron and he didn't give her the prize. The thread pointed out you need to stop him in front of the sign to get the prize.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Huh. Now I learned something new about the game. I always thought that was a red herring.

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
Link used to be such a sweet boy before he learned how to set things on fire with his mind.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

Huh. Now I learned something new about the game. I always thought that was a red herring.

I looked up what the deal with that Goron was, because I forgot.

And I found an interesting little fact. If the wiki is right; if you try to stop him with a bomb flower before you get actual bombs, he'll tell you to stop distracting him and gently caress off. Well, not in those exact words, I guess.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Is that true? I thought it was based on the position. I remember stopping him with actual bombs once and the usual "you can't stop my wild rolling!" thing happened.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Cheez posted:

Is that true? I thought it was based on the position. I remember stopping him with actual bombs once and the usual "you can't stop my wild rolling!" thing happened.

The wiki says that before you get actual bombs, if you use a flower, he tells you to stop distracting him. If you do have bombs, one of two things will happen. If you stop him in the wrong position you get that message, we've seen Faerie do that. If you stop him near the sign, you get a prize, as the thread has suggested several times by now. :)

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Cheez posted:

I think if you're playing the game without guides and direction, Saria's Song actually has some use. At the very least, Saria's more talky than Navi and doesn't just immediately drop your next location on you. Later on I think it's kind of plot-ish too. Not sure, though, since the last time I actually used Saria a lot was the first time I played.

You can also use it to get Navi's message if you don't want to wait the two minutes before she inevitably decides you're taking too long to geHEY! LISTEN!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I forgot to mention this in the thread earlier when we were talking about the minimap, but the minimap of Hyrule Field totally looks like Ganondorf wearing a monocle. Someone please tell me I'm not insane.

Spam Down B
Oct 1, 2008

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

:swoon: this is the best you are the best oh goodness I love this thread so much :kimchi:

HomestarCanter
Oct 21, 2008

Strong Bad,
you're a horse's twees.
Never stop being you, Fae. :allears:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Please never stop greeting and thanking everything. :3:

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

All N64 revisions use the crescent moon symbols, those didn't get changed until the emulated Gamecube versions, so we can't know what revision is being used just from that.

I thought the chanting was removed at the same time as the crescent moon symbol. Oh well, we can discuss it more later when she's in the relevant location.

Faerie Fortune posted:

:swoon: this is the best you are the best oh goodness I love this thread so much :kimchi:

I'm getting type 2 diabetes from this thread. I think I'm reaching terminal adorableness.

With regards to Saria, I view her as a better Navi. She reminds me of Sahasrahla from Link to the Past - someone you have to approach for help, rather than constantly pestering you.

And, as someone pointed out earlier, that grave you went into has a free Hylian Shield in it if you go there before getting a Hylian Shield.

It's not that you have the Sun's Song that keeps the Composer Bros from appearing. Once you defeat them, you 'exorcise' them and they're gone for good, whether you get the song or not.

I had pointed out the heart piece in the house to ChaosArgate after you missed an easy one at a past location you've been to. If you don't get that heart piece now, you can't get it again for a while. Thank you, gnome7, for telling her about it.

You still need to explore town a little bit more. There's the cathedral, back alleys, happy mask shop, and the bug lady.

Cartheon fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 14, 2014

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
There is so much left to explore. But she's at a good point to do some plot, I suppose.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Hmm, y'know what, I too wonder how Poes react bombs. You must find out for us, Fae!

Also, with my semi-limited knowledge of the UK, I'm trying to place your regional accent. I'm going to hazard a guess and say... is it a Geordie accent?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Neurion posted:

Hmm, y'know what, I too wonder how Poes react bombs. You must find out for us, Fae!

Also, with my semi-limited knowledge of the UK, I'm trying to place your regional accent. I'm going to hazard a guess and say... is it a Geordie accent?

Nah, if it was a Geordie accent you wouldn't comprehend a word of it when she got excited. Trust me, that's where I'm from.

I think I remember from the Sims LP thread Fae mentioned being north-western when we had all those high winds.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
So, to everyone wondering what version Fae is playing, this video proved that she is in fact using NTSC 1.0, which was the original US release. According to The Cutting Room Floor: "In NTSC 1.0, the edges of the holes in the Graveyard were grabbable, which made it very hard to jump inside as Link usually just leaped over the hole. In NTSC 1.1, the edges are no longer set to be grabbable, so Link falls in."

So there you go. This is the version with those things that were later removed. Now please stop talking about them until she gets there.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

All those dogs... I hope the Olympic games don't come to Hyrule... :ohdear:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Someone should open up a hotel for dogs in this joint, they'd make millions!

Cheez posted:

Where would the dogs get the money?

Let me tell you about this man and his pots...

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Nov 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Where would the dogs get the money?

• Locked thread