Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lorini posted:

She would have more credibility if she watched the video, as is she has very little credibility.

Go gently caress yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ThirdPartyView posted:

Idiotic since professional murderer Donté Stallworth was allowed back into the NFL.

I wonder where Aaron Hernandez will land.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

computer parts posted:

Raider Nation, of course.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alouicious posted:

as a for-real professional murderer please do not slander me with comparisons to that half-hearted amateur manslaughterer donte stallworth

Stallworth is such a lovely professional killer Rae Carruth wouldn't even hire him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
On a whim I looked up famous alumni of my elementary school. One was Donte Stallworth. I was all proud and then I remembered the reason why I remember Donte Stallworth so readily

:smith:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

computer parts posted:

Aaron Hernandez did nothing wrong.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Odin Lloyd says he deeply regrets the role he played the night of the incident.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

ThirdPartyView posted:

Raider Nation, of course.

Broncos lead the league in arrests for the past 10 years.

CitizenKrang
Jan 2, 2005
this town needs an enema

Kim Jong Il posted:

He's been a public figure for over a decade going back to his days as a big HS football star in suburban NYC. If this was a pattern then accusations would be coming out of the woodwork like they did with Bill Cosby.

Rarely mentioned in all of this is that Ray and Janay were "high school sweethearts". It seems entirely likely that they've been in a long-term-committed-and-entirely-hosed-up-and-abusive relationship for his entire college and pro career.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Perhaps you missed the part where he closed fist punched his wife in the face, knocked her out against a wall, and dragged her unconscious body around.

People don't "just" do that sometimes. The very fact that it could happen at all is the problem itself.

That just as easily fits the hypothesis that he was ridiculously drunk. The thing is that you don't think at all.

CitizenKrang posted:

Rarely mentioned in all of this is that Ray and Janay were "high school sweethearts".

Not true - if you read the article, they started dating after high school, and it was a long distance relationship before he was drafted.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kim Jong Il posted:

That just as easily fits the hypothesis that he was ridiculously drunk.

Oh gently caress off

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

DangerKat posted:

Odin Lloyd says he deeply regrets the role he played the night of the incident.

hahaha yes

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kim Jong Il posted:

Not true - if you read the article, they started dating after high school, and it was a long distance relationship before he was drafted.

An hour or two away isn't really a long distance relationship.

She went to college in southern NY, he went to college in northern NJ.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Lamadrid posted:

Makes sense. I've been saying all along that John Elway wants to corrupt our youth and look at him!

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Lamadrid posted:

This is legitimately surprising to me. Not that I think they're 'lil angels or anything but I probably would have guessed 10 other teams first.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Kim Jong Il posted:

She has repeatedly said that this was a one time thing

But she can't even remember this, maybe she 'forgot' the other times too?

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!

Kim Jong Il posted:

That just as easily fits the hypothesis that he was ridiculously drunk. The thing is that you don't think at all.

What an absolute loving load and if you believe this, go gently caress yourself.

1) Nobody forced him to drink to excess.
2) Most men can drink alcohol without knocking the gently caress out of their wives, even in an argument.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
There's a difference between saying "X might have caused Y" and "I approve of X." People who do insanely, unspeakably stupid things while drunk is a minority but unfortunately is not an unknown phenomenon.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kim Jong Il posted:

There's a difference between saying "X might have caused Y" and "I approve of X." People who do insanely, unspeakably stupid things while drunk is a minority but unfortunately is not an unknown phenomenon.

You can keep digging that hole dude but it ain't gonna lead to China

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
Hey KJI, how hard would you be beating the "one time mistake" drum if Rice hadn't gone to your precious loving Rutgers? As hard as he beats Janay or not so much?

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
That's why I know he has a sterling reputation, but I have defended Aaron Hernandez too in that there's been massive prosecutorial misconduct in that case. Rice was a very thoughtful guy and the absolute last person you'd expect this from. As opposed to say, Kenny Britt, who I wouldn't be remotely surprised in whatever he did (and who I liked a lot better as a player.) How about actually responding to the argument?

This sums up my feelings well: http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2014/11/did-ray-rice-get-what-he-deserved

Kim Jong Il fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 1, 2014

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People thought Sandusky was a cool dude too.

My point is it is kind of meaningless.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Domestic abuse goes largely unreported in china so maybe he actually is trying to dig there.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yea, it'll just kinda pop you out in the middle of the ocean. It's kinda hard to find a good hole digging spot in the U.S.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

alpha_destroy posted:

Yea, it'll just kinda pop you out in the middle of the ocean. It's kinda hard to find a good hole digging spot in the U.S.

Nah, you just gotta dig at an angle. Which you'd want to do anyway, since if you go straight down you'll end up with all the nazis and dinosaurs in earth's hollow core.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Edit: wrong thread

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Show some respect, proles. This is the man who sank eleven holes in one the very first time he picked up a golf club.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I don't care much about Ray Rice but it is good to see Roger Goodell lose. Dude thinks he's the law but that's actually Stallone.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
ATTN: All you guys killing Kim Jong Il for saying this is maybe a one time thing, I have a news flash. You know just as much about the history of their relationship as he does, which is not a goddamn thing, so quit projecting all your thoughts and feelings as facts, because you are equally uniformed. I don't see how you can act with such strong conviction this abuse was an ongoing thing, and blast someone for thinking maybe it is not (granted, it wasn't the smoothest objection). Oh wait, I do see how, that is how the internet works, but seriously, settle down fellas, you are just guessing like he is.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

"Pow, right in the kisser!"

-Chris Berman

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ribsauce posted:

ATTN: All you guys killing Kim Jong Il for saying this is maybe a one time thing, I have a news flash. You know just as much about the history of their relationship as he does, which is not a goddamn thing, so quit projecting all your thoughts and feelings as facts, because you are equally uniformed. I don't see how you can act with such strong conviction this abuse was an ongoing thing, and blast someone for thinking maybe it is not (granted, it wasn't the smoothest objection). Oh wait, I do see how, that is how the internet works, but seriously, settle down fellas, you are just guessing like he is.

go home ribsauce your drunk

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

So basically the argument is that as long as I am sorry afterwards I get one official mulligan if I ever want to punch my girlfriend in the face

Good to know

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

On The Today Show this morning, Janay said the Ravens suggested that she apologize for her role in the incident.

quote:

“They suggested it, yes," said Janay Rice, adding that the Ravens didn't come up with the exact wording for the apology. "No, not specifically. They basically gave us a general script."

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Ribsauce posted:

This is the most correct post in this thread. The fact that people are insinuating that Ray is a serial abuser without proof is ridiculous. It's up to Janay (and Ray's counseling) as to whether she should stay or not.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

No you see each successive poster in this thread has to be more outraged about the issue than the last.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

That Works posted:

No you see each successive poster in this thread has to be more outraged about the issue than the last.

heh look at these plebes who are upset about domestic violence and attempts to defend the abuser's behavior. Not me though. I am too cool and chill to get upset about things.

*puts on sunglasses, revs shitcycle*

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

That Works posted:

Literally every SJW hugbox ever.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

heh look at these plebes who are upset about domestic violence and attempts to defend the abuser's behavior. Not me though. I am too cool and chill to get upset about things.

Oh hey guy that is incapable of discourse beyond anything other than your own opinion.

Maybe it's not a black and white situation and maybe you should at least be capable of entertaining another opinion while maintaining your own and being upset that a violent incident happened in the 1st place?

But no, anyone who does not present your deemed appropriate amount of outrage or condemnation is deserving of scorn.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's almost like there's more nuance to some situations and statements like 'attempts to defend the abuser's behavior' makes you look dumb.

I mean, if we found out that Ray Rice is the Bill Cosby of abuse, then have at it, but at this stage, you're basically saying that Ray Rice cannot rehabilitate himself and he can't live in an abuse free relationship with his wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mister Fister posted:

Literally every SJW hugbox ever.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhahahhaahahahahahaahahahahaaaaahahahahhhahahahahahahahahaha

• Locked thread