Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Special bonus word clouds because it's nearly Christmas and you guys are awesome.

I made these a couple of months ago and never got around to posting them. My entire archives of Auspol D&D compared to the entire Auspol GBS thread

After looking at the results I feel entirely justified in never reading the GBS thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Now redo them for the byob revolution.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for November:

NSW LNP BELIEVE ABBOTT

Well there's the problem!

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Frogmanv2 posted:

Now redo them for the byob revolution.

There's an Auspol BYOB thread? I'm on it.

EDIT: This is going to take about an hour to download. The script does about 1 page per second

Urcher fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Dec 2, 2014

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Urcher posted:

Special bonus word clouds because it's nearly Christmas and you guys are awesome.

A good snipe. Now go back and read my effortpost.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Urcher posted:

There's an Auspol BYOB thread? I'm on it.

It's just the GBS thread, it got moved.

ewe2 posted:

A good snipe. Now go back and read my effortpost.

I read your post and now I am sad. This country sucks why do people keep trying to personally gently caress me over.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Splode posted:

It's just the GBS thread, it got moved.

In that case screw it. Imagine the GBS word cloud says BYOB.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Those On My Left posted:

Yeah but I don't live in Prahran.

Your move

Alright but I'm waiting for the counts to be completed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Urcher posted:

After looking at the results I feel entirely justified in never reading the GBS thread.

Wrong conclusion.

Who wouldn't want to talk about Apples, Chickens and Cats?

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

Wrong conclusion.

Who wouldn't want to talk about Apples, Chickens and Cats?

ANIME NERDS

I rest my case :colbert:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

ewe2 posted:

So part of the dole bill (Social Security Legislation Amendment (Strengthening the Job Seeker Compliance Framework) Bill 2014) went through the Senate tonight with amendments from ALP. This is not the bit which canes under-30's and 50-55's yet, that's the bit they're afraid to put up.

But this bit is all about breaches and whether you satisfy the activity test if you're over 55. Basically for now, the ALP amendments stalled the worst parts, particularly item 16 which would have given the Secretary of the Department carte blanche to invent whole classes of people not exempt from the activity test. That's important at least because if it had got through it would have been much easier to apply it downwards.

The intention was claimed to stop people basically living on the dole and just doing voluntary work to avoid participation requirements (as if that is some kind of preferred choice). But really it was to give them the regulatory framework to do whatever they liked with the rules without legislation and I'm betting they'll try this with the other part of the bill. People over 55 could have been forced to do full-time job searching and voluntary work or work for the dole at the same time. And it could have been a trojan horse to make it the general case.

The breach rules were fiddly bullshit to try and make some breaches permanent and boiled down to making it harder to get your case heard if you had a genuine reason to miss appointments and needed to be reinstated. The amendments smoothed that part out. The way most breaches work is that you don't do what's required, they cut you off and its up to you to fix it. There are some loopholes allowing you to claim you were going to do what was required and get reinstated immediately.

But the mechanism that was proposed was just badly written and that got scrubbed. For instance they wanted to prevent some situations from being reviewed by the Social Security Tribunal, claiming that it would be "quicker" to get reinstated. In reality, they were closing off avenues of appeal deliberately. We're just lucky this was put so clumsily and was easily spotted for what it was, and that the ALP were prepared to amend it much less oppose it.

I am a bit upset with the MSM and even twitter for basically ignoring this session of the Senate because it could have gone differently and we would have woken up with oh my god they didn't. Vigilance, people! Also watching that stuff is seriously depressing because all the danger that it represents is sucked out by the procedural bollocks. There could have been some great speeches, I didn't watch them because they weren't the spiky end of the deal. And that is my effortpost and I desperately need to blot it all out.

Thanks for this!

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

I'm watching current and past debate footage in the senate, and enjoying it, yikes.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Those On My Left posted:

Thanks for this!

Just to add to that (very good) effort post, it was very difficult to weed out what was actually going on from the procedural poo poo in both the bill and the amendment due in part to the complexity of the various Social Security acts. It wasn't clear what was going on until after matching up the video footage of Doug Cameron :swoon: and his speeches on each of the amendment items, to the text of the items themselves.

I reckon at some point in the not so distant future the whole social security legislation will need to be rewritten to reset the legislation.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin
I love Lee :3:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
CUTE ALIEN BIRD and FUCKEN VANYA, rightly recognised as the mascots of Auspoo GBS/BYOB :3:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Any interview that starts off asking a minister why he is an embarrassment is a good interview imo

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
So, is it liberating for a politician to be able to decide when an election promise doesn't matter?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Murodese posted:

So, is it liberating for a politician to be able to decide when an election promise doesn't matter?

Abbott must have been feeling particularly liberated when trying to persuade Andrews he could drop his own election promise re the EW link.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Urcher posted:

I made these a couple of months ago and never got around to posting them. My entire archives of Auspol D&D compared to the entire Auspol GBS thread

This is pretty great, thank you!

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Xylo, your new av is terrifying.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I love it, but Thanksgiving is past now and I have to change it to a Christmas avatar. :(

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

CARBON TORY INCREASING

MURDOCH POLICIES

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Urcher posted:

Several words get repeated, by the way. Anime, nugs, apples, and tastes all show up twice in the GBS one, and boats and preferences show up twice in the D&D one. Just a heads up, your algorithm may be off in some way.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...2-1227142647657

NewsCorp are pissed.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

XyloJW posted:

I love it, but Thanksgiving is past now and I have to change it to a Christmas avatar. :(

Here you go, though I have no idea why that Christmas Tree has legs.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
The move capped another farcical day of dealings with the crossbench in which former league star Mr Lazarus publicly pleaded with Mr Pyne to stop texting him — a critical element of senate negotiations.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

XyloJW posted:

Several words get repeated, by the way. Anime, nugs, apples, and tastes all show up twice in the GBS one, and boats and preferences show up twice in the D&D one. Just a heads up, your algorithm may be off in some way.

I really need to bite the bullet and write my own word cloud generator so I can control it properly. The Tagxedo one has been OK so far, but certainly has a few problems that I'd like to fix.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
"Hey Lazzo want to get wild with some unregulated higher education reform this Tuesday???"

"Chris who gave you my number, please stop texting me."

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Seagull posted:

The move capped another farcical day of dealings with the crossbench in which former league star Mr Lazarus publicly pleaded with Mr Pyne to stop texting him — a critical element of senate negotiations.
Of which I can imagine poor Lazerus coming out of hospital care to have a stack of messages from a number he didn't reconize.

I wonder if Ashby was texted as prolifically.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

I'm pretty sure most of Pyne's texts to Ashby were MMS though

Beyond Satire
Oct 18, 2014
From Texts from Pyne on Facebook

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Seconding this.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Kochie tried to do a Stefanovic on Bub Snorten and to my surprise Biwl didn't do too badly.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Sorry if this has been discussed ad nauseum already (noting the strong presence of HALAL in the word cloud), but I had a co-worker start ranting to me at a morning tea the other day about how Pieface have gone out of business because they decided to make everything Halal certified and when I asked why would that be a problem (even though I knew it was BS), she said it was because Australians were boycotting Halal certified foods because of the cruel manner of killing the animals. She's generally a smart person though so I was thinking maybe she's just been sucked in by some Facebook meme or something, so I've tried to find some articles online I can show her. So far so good, but is there a consensus in AusPol about the cruelty issue? Most of what I've found so far says that the Australian standard is to stun before killing but that certain slaughterhouses are able to get an exemption on religious grounds. Should this latter group be a significant concern? Is there any way to link methods of slaughter to specific businesses?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS IN SPORTSTORIA!

hun posted:

VICTORIANS will get a day off work before the next AFL Grand Final, with Labor’s plan to provide an extra public holiday to be in place by next year.

Around-the-clock weekend public transport will take longer to set up, and is expected to start by New Year’s Eve next year.

These are just some of the big changes the new Labor Government will implement.

Premier-elect Daniel Andrews­ will need 12 months to fulfil his promise of 24-hour public transport on weekends but other changes could come much sooner.

Cage fighting is likely to start next year after Mr Andrews­ promised to reverse the ban.

The Herald Sun on Monday revealed a blockbuster Ultimate Fighting Championship match, which would ­attract 50,000 spectators, was pencilled in to take place at Etihad Stadium in 2015.

Victorians will get two extra public holidays, with one on the Friday before Grand Final Day next year.

It is understood the promised public holiday would only need to be recorded in the Government Gazette to be made official.

Workers in retail and hospitality may also enjoy extra penalty rates for working Easter Sunday after Labor promised to look at making the day an official public holiday.

Other changes include half price registration for trade apprentices­ and a cap on council rate increases to match CPI.

Parents of young babies will also be given whooping cough vaccines and children will not be allowed to enrol in childcare without a certificate confirming all immunisations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Matthew Beet posted:

Cage fighting is likely to start next year

That policy is so much better if you just zone out right there, and start picturing where they'll put the Octagon in parliament

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Saul Goode posted:

Sorry if this has been discussed ad nauseum already (noting the strong presence of HALAL in the word cloud), but I had a co-worker start ranting to me at a morning tea the other day about how Pieface have gone out of business because they decided to make everything Halal certified and when I asked why would that be a problem (even though I knew it was BS), she said it was because Australians were boycotting Halal certified foods because of the cruel manner of killing the animals. She's generally a smart person though so I was thinking maybe she's just been sucked in by some Facebook meme or something, so I've tried to find some articles online I can show her. So far so good, but is there a consensus in AusPol about the cruelty issue? Most of what I've found so far says that the Australian standard is to stun before killing but that certain slaughterhouses are able to get an exemption on religious grounds. Should this latter group be a significant concern? Is there any way to link methods of slaughter to specific businesses?

Halal almost always still stuns in Australia, but uses reversible stunning methods. Kosher doesn't stun.

http://kb.rspca.org.au/What-is-Kosher-slaughter-in-Australia_117.html
http://kb.rspca.org.au/what-is-halal-slaughter-in-australia_116.html

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Matthew Beet posted:

SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS IN SPORTSTORIA!

God the bogans are going to love that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i got banned
Sep 24, 2010

lol abbottwon
I am OK with extra penalty rates on both AFL grand final whatever and also Easter Sunday

• Locked thread